Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 F-Pace S, with the 8" ICT and 380W Meridian. OK, so the previous owner's history showed that a couple of times they brought the vehicle in for some kind of audio/speaker issue, all covered under warranty. On the second time noted in the service history, the amp was replaced. All seemed to be working fine and that was the last noted instance, so I assumed the problem had been fixed. I've owned it for right at a year now. In the first few months of ownership, I did notice the mid-range speakers cut out a handful of times, for a few minutes at a time. When it did it long enough to stop and really listen, I could determine that all 4 mid-range speakers (one in each door) were entirely non-operational. Because the tweeters and lows and sub were all still working, it was kind of hard to notice if volume wasn't up. You just notice that it sounds a bit quieter and hollow (because no mids filling out the sound). But then when they come back on, it's very noticeable it just came back to life. Annoying, but not really that big of a deal as it would only do it rarely. In the last 2-3 months it didn't do it at all. I noted it on my service appointment, and they logged it as an owner complaint. But of course said they couldn't do anything about diagnosing it since it wasn't doing it right then.

1 month ago, it cut out and didn't come right back on. So I dropped it off, plus had the service manager observe the issue in case it came back on before it got to the technician. At first they said faulty ground in a speaker, which made some sense. Swapped the speaker and then said the infotainment module was not working properly. They had to get JLR corporate authorization to cover such an expensive part in my CPO warranty coverage, but supposedly swapped that out next. Now they said the amp will need replacing (even though that's what the first owner had done). I think they are just stabbing in the dark to hopefully hit the problem component. Each step takes warranty authorization and parts ordering, so I'm now a month without the car and not sure I'm any closer to a resolution.

Thoughts on what could be the problem? Am I just at the wrong dealership? I guess I could demand the vehicle back and take it to another JLR dealer in the area (there are 3), but not sure that'd get me any closer to resolving. Seems like they should be tracing the circuits around to the various mids in sequence if it's a physical disconnect somewhere. Or that it should be giving them valid error codes if it's a software/digital error somewhere? I genuinely don't know what to think, but it's getting ridiculous.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts