Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
Seriously, I agree its not loud enough. This and lack of apple Airplay are my only gripes of ICT.

If there's no solutions any time soon I'm probably going to a good aftermarket audio shop to consult with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seriously, I agree its not loud enough. This and lack of apple Airplay are my only gripes of ICT.

If there's no solutions any time soon I'm probably going to a good aftermarket audio shop to consult with.
Were you able to find a good aftermarket system or did you trade in the Jag?

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
507 Posts
Low volume confirmed my wife's contention that I needed hearing aides. It worked! Now I'm much happier, in and out of the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the 380w Meridian with 8" ICT. I agree, that the overall max volume is not quite enough. Most of the time, it's fine. But if you're really jamming out, or driving with windows open and want to hear music over highway/wind, it's a bit insufficient. For me, once you go over about 28-30 volume setting, it doesn't seem to really get any louder. In other words, maxed at 38 doesn't really sound much different than 28 or 29, except perhaps a bit more distorted. There is a youtuber who opened up his F-Type 380w stereo components and points out how cheaply made the speakers are. He gave lots of really good info and part numbers for what the better version of each speaker would be. By swapping in other JLR speakers from different models, and adding sound damping liner in the doors behind the speakers, he achieved a much better sound out of the 380w unit. When I get some time (which may be never at this rate!) I'm planning to do some research on exactly which speaker part numbers come in the F-Pace 380w package and try to figure out what might be swap-able while retaining all factory fitment and connections. The systems are so shared across other JLR platforms, there have to be some better options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 380w Meridian with 8" ICT. I agree, that the overall max volume is not quite enough. Most of the time, it's fine. But if you're really jamming out, or driving with windows open and want to hear music over highway/wind, it's a bit insufficient. For me, once you go over about 28-30 volume setting, it doesn't seem to really get any louder. In other words, maxed at 38 doesn't really sound much different than 28 or 29, except perhaps a bit more distorted. There is a youtuber who opened up his F-Type 380w stereo components and points out how cheaply made the speakers are. He gave lots of really good info and part numbers for what the better version of each speaker would be. By swapping in other JLR speakers from different models, and adding sound damping liner in the doors behind the speakers, he achieved a much better sound out of the 380w unit. When I get some time (which may be never at this rate!) I'm planning to do some research on exactly which speaker part numbers come in the F-Pace 380w package and try to figure out what might be swap-able while retaining all factory fitment and connections. The systems are so shared across other JLR platforms, there have to be some better options.
I wouldn't compare the F-type audio system with the F-Pace. F-type speakers are one of a kind. F-pace on the other hand used most standard speaker like other jaguar cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most people seem to think it is a software issue - what if it isn't?

Some ICT versions come with an external amplifier, some don't. In a car as big as the F-pace if you tried saving money by getting the lower version ICT without the external amplifier, it will be loud enough until you are driving at 50-60 mph or you get in dense traffic.

For ICT, you should check your car specs to see if it came with an external amplifier. If it doesn't have one, ask your dealer for an upgrade with the external amplifier - it will cost you but it will be worth it.

For the ICT Pro, it's a different story.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn't compare the F-type audio system with the F-Pace. F-type speakers are one of a kind. F-pace on the other hand used most standard speaker like other jaguar cars.
They share all kinds of audio component parts, along with other Jaguar and Land Rover models. I've seen a list of which speaker part numbers are cross compatible from certain Land Rover stereo packages and F-Type speakers definitely share cross compatibility with other JLR models. And really, that only makes sense. Same mounts, same connectors, same sizes, etc. One model's base stereo may be the other model's mid-level. Swapping in one model's highest trim package speaker set is a direct upgrade for the other model's. Take the Focal tweeters for instance. They are the same and an upgrade for most JLR vehicles of the same general age range. The trick is to figure out which speakers from different models are the correct resistance, size, and connector type to swap. But it can be done.

Most people seem to think it is a software issue - what if it isn't?

Some ICT versions come with an external amplifier, some don't. In a car as big as the F-pace if you tried saving money by getting the lower version ICT without the external amplifier, it will be loud enough until you are driving at 50-60 mph or you get in dense traffic.

For ICT, you should check your car specs to see if it came with an external amplifier. If it doesn't have one, ask your dealer for an upgrade with the external amplifier - it will cost you but it will be worth it.

For the ICT Pro, it's a different story.
I don't think it's a software issue from what I can tell (well sort of, but won't get into that). The 380w Meridian package does have external amps. That should be enough power for a decent sound, given quality speakers and proper implementation. Unfortunately, I think the speakers in this package are a bit lacking. Actually a little surprised Meridan put their stamp on them. It may be more of a marketing thing. Here's a nice breakdown of the two Meridian sound packages: Jaguar F-PACE | Meridian Audio

21 - 27 of 27 Posts