Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have seen tiny droplets of water on the front passenger side seat and door panel a couple of times. I had the dealer check it and his first thought was the sunroof drain tube but nothing turned up.

So lots of rain last night and now I found a puddle of water on floor mat. Appears to be dripping down under the A pillar trim by the windshield. This is a delicate area due to the air bag being there.

I sure hope its has something to do with the sunroof and not the windshield Has anyone had a similar issue?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I have not, it might be a drain tube perhaps being pinched or cut during assembly. I've seen that in other cards I've owned. The sunroofs are normally designed to drain any water that gets past the seals outside the car via channels and drain tubes. I don't know if the F-Pace is that way, but I would assume it is. The other possibility would be the front windshield. Do you see any of the seal on the outside of the windshield out of place?

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Why not just take a garden hose without a nozzle and have someone sit inside the car while water is run over it. Can you feel and dampness on the head liner or "A" posts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, yesterday was a nice day for the hose test but work keeps getting in the way. Soapy water and air is another way to check. Plan to wash the car today so may spend some time on it. No matter what it is it still needs to be repaired so i have an appointment next week. Will update when i learn more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts