Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
just did 3rd annual service. while in they updated ICTP and said basically “we updated you to prepare you to receive over the air updates. we have not had this happen yet so will be interested to see if it works.” Me too, curious to see how it goes. See screen pic. View attachment 71549

My question is do they have to turn on the system to receive the updates and thus you get this screen or does just having this screen mean that the system is ready to receive the updates when they go out? I've had this screen since January with the only exception being I'm at Version 18D. I occasionally hit the check for update which I then get a drop down "No Updates" message. As we all know there have been very few that have received OTA updates so far. I have a MY18 35t Prestige.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
My question is do they have to turn on the system to receive the updates and thus you get this screen or does just having this screen mean that the system is ready to receive the updates when they go out? I've had this screen since January with the only exception being I'm at Version 18D. I occasionally hit the check for update which I then get a drop down "No Updates" message. As we all know there have been very few that have received OTA updates so far. I have a MY18 35t Prestige.
Per the Service advisor I spoke with and what I have seen. There needs to be an OTA update toggle that needs to be set to on in the vehicle profile under topix I had posted a picture here a few months back when it was showing up in topix. It was pulled by JLRnad has now been readied. If you have a good relationship with your service advisor, you call them and them and have them flip the toggle for you. Then you will be all set provided you have at least 18D loaded on to your ICTP.

DP

·
Registered
868 Posts
Then you will be all set provided you have at least 18D loaded on to your ICTP.

DP
It’s actually 18B as a minimum for SOTA.

There will be no action required by the individual dealers service department. They have up till now been authorizing cars on a case by case basis. When JLR throws the switch for all vehicles in our region, as long as you have 18B and have selected updates on in ICTP, you’re good to go.

This is from the JLR Website:

IS MY VEHICLE ELIGIBLE FOR AN INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE?

Vehicles eligible for an infotainment system update will have software version 18B or above. You can check what software version your infotainment system is through the Settings menu, within the Software Update section. The version of the infotainment system will be displayed as a long string of characters, e.g. ‘S18B_18.25.3-174880’.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
It’s actually 18B as a minimum for SOTA.

This is from the JLR Website:

IS MY VEHICLE ELIGIBLE FOR AN INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE?

Vehicles eligible for an infotainment system update will have software version 18B or above. You can check what software version your infotainment system is through the Settings menu, within the Software Update section. The version of the infotainment system will be displayed as a long string of characters, e.g. ‘S18B_18.25.3-174880’.

I have seen that, there was a push to get 18D in 2019 vehicles for some OTA issues. All the updates are also available via the dealer. So that was an issue I had so I thought more might have it also. The OTA 19A update is a small download only 7mb, it’s going to be awhile before that’s working like expected I’m sure. It’s good to see JLR finally outsource there infotainment to get that stable. Soon all of the JLR line will have the large screens no more ICT with buttons on the side. They will all have the large screen just better sound with the 825w and if you get the DVD there will be a slot for that.

DP

·
Registered
134 Posts
Per the Service advisor I spoke with and what I have seen. There needs to be an OTA update toggle that needs to be set to on in the vehicle profile under topix I had posted a picture here a few months back when it was showing up in topix. It was pulled by JLRnad has now been readied. If you have a good relationship with your service advisor, you call them and them and have them flip the toggle for you. Then you will be all set provided you have at least 18D loaded on to your ICTP.

DP
So does the vehicle need to be in the shop to flip this toggle on or can they do this via internet connections?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
So does the vehicle need to be in the shop to flip this toggle on or can they do this via internet connections?
It can be done over the internet

DP

·
Registered
134 Posts
It can be done over the internet

DP
Spoke to my Service Manager this morning and can confirm that they do it via Internet. They "flipped the switch" on my ICTP and when I started the car I got the notice that a new update is available. Clicked OK...it downloaded it and installed no problem. MY18 went from S18D_18.47.5-269316 to S19A_19.24.2-375121

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Spoke to my Service Manager this morning and can confirm that they do it via Internet. They "flipped the switch" on my ICTP and when I started the car I got the notice that a new update is available. Clicked OK...it downloaded it and installed no problem. MY18 went from S18D_18.47.5-269316 to S19A_19.24.2-375121
Thank you for verifying this, a few people thought I didn’t know what I was talking about.

Does it show the telamatics software level also or just give you the “no updates”

DP

·
Registered
868 Posts
It’s really not that difficult.

Currently, your car needs to be individually turned on at the dealer or higher level to accept updates. You must have 18B or newer and you must turn on updates on the software updates page in your car.
If this hasn’t been done, no updates.

At some point in the future, JLR will flip the switch and all ICTP vehicles will have SOTA available.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
When I went to the dealership, they checked the software in my 2019 after my OTA update back in August and confirmed all loaded perfectly fine. They couldn't answer, which I wasn't surprised, why the OTAs stopped for a while.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Talking to my dealer and they are saying the same, that they require access to the car to enable the OTA updates. I currently have 18D with Apple Car Play. I'm now in the process of scheduling the visit. I'm waiting to hear if they only need it for a few minutes or if I need to let it spend a morning there.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I’m not absolutely sure on this, but the current “toggle on” of SOTA is for one update only.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
They didn't need my car to turn on software updates and my car received the software update in early August. I got my 2019 back in March, and I immediately enabled software update since I was coming from my 2017 and aware that Jaguar was close on doing it. I don't know if my SVR was the first US car to get the software update, but it must have been one of the first. At least it seemed that way on the forum.

I still have not seen a telematics update though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thank you for verifying this, a few people thought I didn’t know what I was talking about.

Does it show the telamatics software level also or just give you the “no updates”

DP
No telematics software info shows, and when I check for updates I get just the spinning windows, forever. Looking back at old screenshots of my ICTP it was back in Sept of 18 when I was at software version 18B that it even showed me what version the telematics was at. At the time it was 13.2 For once it was nice getting "service" sitting home in my pajamas with the vehicle sitting in the driveway and me emailing the service manager asking to get a software update! And it all worked that made it even sweeter knowing JLR's past with these updates.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I have noticed that there are two separate updates in the OTA section one for the ICTP and one for the telematics module. Each one has its own update button, I wonder if there will be more added for other modules. Maybe to save on the OTA update package sizes. What do you all think ?

DP

·
Registered
74 Posts
Brought FPace into dealer for its annual checkup and told tech I was looking to have SOTA turned on. Drove in with 18D and left with 18D. When I got home, I received a message on my ICTP that there was a new update. Watched the software download icon hit the ICTP screen. Turned the car off. Next morning 19B installed.

Now here is the odd set of issues. When I left the Jag dealer and drove about 10mins the entire ICTP screen went blank as if the system crashed. :mad: It rebooted itself :) but the system was real sluggish :eek: - it seemed to correct itself eventually and ultimately saw the system pull down the new update from the internet before I shutdown for the evening.

Next morning 19B :cool:

Strange, but I guess not unexpected. :unsure:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts