Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
With the way things have gone I hope that their first round of OTA updates don't end in bricked ICTP systems that require a trip to the dealer anyway. :) Still, looking forward to this feature to be enabled. Wonder if there's a minimum software version to enable this on?

·
Registered
136 Posts
With the way things have gone I hope that their first round of OTA updates don't end in bricked ICTP systems that require a trip to the dealer anyway. :) Still, looking forward to this feature to be enabled. Wonder if there's a minimum software version to enable this on?
My guess would be you would need at least 18B as that was the first version that had the screen to enable software updates. That's my guess but with JLR anything is possible!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Update is available only OTA

MC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION: S19A_19.11.4-330884, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: LX73-19C204-BA (G2379676)
INCONTROL©️ TOUCH PRO 19A2
Release Date: 2019-03-26

SOFTWARE RELEASE NOTES
This release is only available when updating with Software Over The Air (SOTA)
This Document contains the following information:

New features included in this release
THE SOFTWARE RELEASE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY NEW FEATURES.

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
PARKING AID
Parking aid audible alerts occasionally not operating after the last 19A software update has been fixed.

(DISCOVERY ONLY)
AMBIENT LIGHTING
Ambient lighting will no longer switch off when the Integrated Control Panel is opened

NAVIGATION
The map screen will now switch from night to day mode automatically

(VELAR ONLY)
AIR SUSPENSION CONTROL
Air suspension height control soft buttons now work on the lower touchscreen. These were disabled by the previous 19A software

(VEHICLES WITH REAR HEATED SEATS ONLY)
REAR HEATED SEATS
Rear heated seats will no longer be highlighted in the touchscreen when customer is trying to adjust the front seats

KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE
REAR VIEW CAMERA JUDDER
If the customer is experiencing a camera image not displaying as smoothly as it should be,this update may not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.

(BRAZILIAN VEHICLES WITH TV)
TELEVISION
If the customer is experiencing the front screen going blank after playing the TV for a few minutes and the rear screens report no reception, this update will not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Update is available only OTA

MC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION: S19A_19.11.4-330884, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: LX73-19C204-BA (G2379676)
INCONTROL©️ TOUCH PRO 19A2
Release Date: 2019-03-26

SOFTWARE RELEASE NOTES
This release is only available when updating with Software Over The Air (SOTA)
This Document contains the following information:

New features included in this release
THE SOFTWARE RELEASE DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY NEW FEATURES.

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
PARKING AID
Parking aid audible alerts occasionally not operating after the last 19A software update has been fixed.

(DISCOVERY ONLY)
AMBIENT LIGHTING
Ambient lighting will no longer switch off when the Integrated Control Panel is opened

NAVIGATION
The map screen will now switch from night to day mode automatically

(VELAR ONLY)
AIR SUSPENSION CONTROL
Air suspension height control soft buttons now work on the lower touchscreen. These were disabled by the previous 19A software

(VEHICLES WITH REAR HEATED SEATS ONLY)
REAR HEATED SEATS
Rear heated seats will no longer be highlighted in the touchscreen when customer is trying to adjust the front seats

KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS RELEASE
REAR VIEW CAMERA JUDDER
If the customer is experiencing a camera image not displaying as smoothly as it should be,this update may not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.

(BRAZILIAN VEHICLES WITH TV)
TELEVISION
If the customer is experiencing the front screen going blank after playing the TV for a few minutes and the rear screens report no reception, this update will not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software release.

Who is going to be the first to try this? :). I would do it but my F-Pace is over at the detail shop getting the Protection Wrap, Tinting and OptiCoat Pro installed. I won't get it back til tomorrow afternoon!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Who is going to be the first to try this? :). I would do it but my F-Pace is over at the detail shop getting the Protection Wrap, Tinting and OptiCoat Pro installed. I won't get it back til tomorrow afternoon!
Mine is currently at the dealer for an update to 19A from 17C, in the hopes that it fixes increasing issues I've been having with bluetooth drops (among other things). I'll be curious if I'm updated all the way to this release. I'll of course dig into the details when I get the car back and provide a report.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Same as above with 18C. Update screen available and active, no updates available.

·
Registered
136 Posts
But didn't skyking post in another thread that it was an email sent to I Pace owners about the OTA update? Seems everyone that has tried to hit the update button (myself included) has the same result...No Updates. Guess there are too many F Paces out there to make us the guinea pigs and "see what happens"! Guess it may be a good thing!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might be useful to actually read the text that was referenced in the link in the original post of this thread!

INTRODUCING WIRELESS SOFTWARE UPDATES FOR YOUR JAGUAR
In the next few months we’ll be launching our first wireless software update* for your car. Software updates provide a way of updating core software on your car at your convenience in order to maintain and etc. etc. ………...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Word on the street was I Pace SOTA was supposed to go live April 8, but rumor is it got pushed to the summer.
There was an email to European owners of multiple vehicles which explained SOTA and then the Topix document was published that I just posted.
It must be a regional push and since we didn’t get the email, we may be at the tail end of the rollout.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My car is now running 2019A.8-8407, which was installed yesterday afternoon. In settings there seems to be a software updates page that wasn't there before in 17C, but I don't know if that is OTA.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
F Pace Expert
2,712 Posts
just did 3rd annual service. while in they updated ICTP and said basically “we updated you to prepare you to receive over the air updates. we have not had this happen yet so will be interested to see if it works.” Me too, curious to see how it goes. See screen pic.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts