Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else notice soap and water collecting in puddle lamps during wash?
I was at the dealer today and asked about it (along with many other questions) and was told it's not supposed to do that. They are looking into it and possibly ordering me new parts.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Water and Soap actually PUDDLE *IN* the lamp ???

Maybe THAT'S how they got their name ??? ;)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Has anyone else notice soap and water collecting in puddle lamps during wash?
I was at the dealer today and asked about it (along with many other questions) and was told it's not supposed to do that. They are looking into it and possibly ordering me new parts.
There is a drain behind the side mirrors to allow water and anything else escape instead of just sitting back there, Im sure some water gets stuck unless you have a way to dry it with forced air but seems normal to me. After I wash it and dry it there is still some water in the side mirrors that fly out when I drive it.

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
There is a drain behind the side mirrors to allow water and anything else escape instead of just sitting back there, Im sure some water gets stuck unless you have a way to dry it with forced air but seems normal to me. After I wash it and dry it there is still some water in the side mirrors that fly out when I drive it.

One of the top notch car washes in our area actually takes an Air hose to your mirrors when they dry the car to avoid streaks down the side as you drive... I hate that!!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
One of the top notch car washes in our area actually takes an Air hose to your mirrors when they dry the car to avoid streaks down the side as you drive... I hate that!!
After a car wash I will actually carry a microfiber cloth, if water starts to fly out I will pull over in a parking lot, get out, and dry where the water flew out... thats how anal I am about the F-pace after a car wash haha.

Reactions: DPK and Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used air to force it out as soon as I noticed it which was during the drying process but my concern is that the plastic lens cover will get hazy over time

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I used air to force it out as soon as I noticed it which was during the drying process but my concern is that the plastic lens cover will get hazy over time
It points at the ground..Only you would know....but none the less, they should not have water in them..In the winter they could freeze up and crack...Even if you live in a warm climate..you might find yourself up at Lake Tahoe one time or another hob-knobbing with the elite.:D

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The plastic lens cover for the puddle light?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It points at the ground..Only you would know....but none the less, they should not have water in them..In the winter they could freeze up and crack...Even if you live in a warm climate..you might find yourself up at Lake Tahoe one time or another hob-knobbing with the elite.:D
I live in an area with snow and below freezing temps

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I would think they have it built in such a way that the inside is sealed off from any humidity, liquid, debris etc.
Ive been washing it for almost a year and so far so good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts