Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

So where is the Telematics Control unit at?

20K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Cat Lady 
#1 ·
So the dealer called me down today to see the progress of the recalls and fixes. Today is the replace the Telematics Control Unit day. So the little black box is located in the rear on the drivers side. This box is what talks to the car via your app to start the car, etc. it also interfaces with the 3G network. Here are a few pictures. The dealer took the car apart this time not me :D

Enjoy
DP

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: pat604 and laomi
#2 ·
Thank You DP. My '17 FE has the mobile signal tripping in & out and the dealer thinks it is the cable from the telematic module to my SIM reader. But I will try to mention about a possible recall on the Telematics Control Unit for my VIN. Awesome detailed pictures. Thanks.

#4 ·
Here is what you need. print this out and hand it to your service advisor. The first line below that’s the Action Number you need so they can reference It. Looks like your exact some problem your having. The dealer should have know this it was big issue with the 2017

DP

SERVICE ACTION K444: TELEMATIC CONTROL SERVICE BULLETIN UNIT
MKT.: CAN / USA INFORMATION
DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE
An issue has been identified on a limited number of vehicles within the listed Affected Vehicle Range have been manufactured away from process and the Telematics Control Module (TCU) security key was not subject to an end of line test and verification. The Wi-Fi may drop out after 10 minutes and then reconnect after 3 minutes, with this cycle repeating.
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE
F-PACE (X761; w/Telematics)
Model Year: ......................... 2017

#5 ·
I posted pics of the different units in the pics of Quorra's dismantle also.
yours are better though because your F-PACE is in 1 piece

Reactions: DPinTX
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.