Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Impressions:
I traded my 2017 F-Pace S for the 2020 SVR (yah, I know ...).
I really like V-8's--had four of 'em over the last 39 years--and missed my 2011 XJ. So when JLR stuffed a V-8 into the F-Pace, I noticed.
JLR must have spent $$$$ tuning the SVR exhaust, the result is remarkable--the "fifth" movement of Beethoven's Ninth, maybe.
A buy me magnet, no less.
But wait there's more:
The whole SVR set-up is noticeably more firm and precise than the S.
The brakes are better. Seats too (Racaro I'm told).
It goes! JLR says 4.3 to 60mph. Multiple reviewers say 3.8.
What to do with all that power? A friend asked.
My answer, is to relate that Summit Point Raceway, the local NASCAR track, which offers off-day on-track amateur driving, does not allow SUV's on the track.
"No exceptions." Since SUV's top the sales ladder, their SUV ban must cost them dearly.
The point to be taken and kept in mind is that your SUV is not a sports car.
The SVR will do the quarter mile in 12 at 120, but I won't go there.
But oh, there are other delights . . .

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Welcome to SVR Ownership. I'm another on of a few of us here who traded an F-Pace S for the F-Pace SVR. I'm very happy I stayed with Jag, love the SVR.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love mine also almost 6 months old no problems and the exhaust....I love it .. I just unsure on the grey trim temped to wrap it body colour .my tests 0-60 with draggy are 4.1 secs but it was cold and damp when the warmer weather comes il be trying for sub 4 for sure

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm another one who traded an "S" for the SVR. I had great luck with the '17 S and I'm just loving the SVR. It's actually quieter than my S was as far as road noise goes. The power and handling is awesome. And I love the seats and comfort. I think it rides better, too. The S was really nice. The SVR is awesome.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Another 2017 S to SVR conversion.
0-60 is 4.0 give or take a tiny bit. I’d believe a high 11 or 12.0 1/4 run, especially under ideal conditions.

gas mileage has dropped from 13-20mpg city in the S to 10-16mpg in the SVR, but it sure does make some lovely sounds with that extra fuel, especially tunnels!

agreed on the cabin being much better insulated from road noise, which makes the 825W audio sound even better.

On paper it’s a nice package, but in person it’s greater than the sum of those numbers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am another that traded a '17 S for a '20 SVR. Couldn't agree more with above comments and haven't regretted it for a minute.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another 2017 S to SVR conversion.
0-60 is 4.0 give or take a tiny bit. I’d believe a high 11 or 12.0 1/4 run, especially under ideal conditions.

gas mileage has dropped from 13-20mpg city in the S to 10-16mpg in the SVR, but it sure does make some lovely sounds with that extra fuel, especially tunnels!

agreed on the cabin being much better insulated from road noise, which makes the 825W audio sound even better.

On paper it’s a nice package, but in person it’s greater than the sum of those numbers.
Didn't trade an S for a SVR but that engine and exhaust note are superb. What is official top speed of an SVR? MY RECORD IS 182MPH here in Colorado on I76

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,391 Posts
Didn't trade an S for a SVR but that engine and exhaust note are superb. What is official top speed of an SVR? MY RECORD IS 182MPH here in Colorado on I76
Top Published Speed is 176MPH, it’s a bit of a sand bag number, what was the elevation, that would have helped you on wind resistance.

did you happen to take a picture?

DP

·
Registered
45 Posts
Take a picture at 182 mph lol that’s a good one . All speedos are set slightly high so 182 would be the 176 on the flat my best 0-60 is 4 secs flat I wouldn’t dare to go that speed not a chance

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,391 Posts
Take a picture at 182 mph lol that’s a good one . All speedos are set slightly high so 182 would be the 176 on the flat my best 0-60 is 4 secs flat I wouldn’t dare to go that speed not a chance
I was simply asking if there was a picture and or maybe a video. A lot of people have video cameras in their cars these days.

Not sure why you would think the speedometer would be set “slightly high” that would mean its off by 6mph, you could not know your actual speed and it would throw off the actual milage that shows on the dash. 6mph over say a year would show much more mileage then the car actually went. If that was me I would ask to have my speedometer calibrate, just not have the extra mileage in my car. There is several ways the car calibrates the speedometer. Even more so of you have navigation install in the car. I beleve in the US you can have a +/- of 4% over the entire range of speed. The best way to check this is with a GPS app and if you don’t have that then a stop watch and mile markers on the highway.

anyway thats a great speed, here is Texas we have think called the Texas mile, it an even that lets you see how fast you can go in a standing mile, it’s on a airport landing strip, you have time to get up to speed and then go through timing traps before coming to a 1/2 mile shut down to slow down. Last years top speed in the 1mile was 300.4MPH , it would be great to see an F-PACE or other Jagaur SVR cars to see what they can do in the mile.

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was simply asking if there was a picture and or maybe a video. A lot of people have video cameras in their cars these days.

Not sure why you would think the speedometer would be set “slightly high” that would mean its off by 6mph, you could not know your actual speed and it would throw off the actual milage that shows on the dash. 6mph over say a year would show much more mileage then the car actually went. If that was me I would ask to have my speedometer calibrate, just not have the extra mileage in my car. There is several ways the car calibrates the speedometer. Even more so of you have navigation install in the car. I beleve in the US you can have a +/- of 4% over the entire range of speed. The best way to check this is with a GPS app and if you don’t have that then a stop watch and mile markers on the highway.

anyway thats a great speed, here is Texas we have think called the Texas mile, it an even that lets you see how fast you can go in a standing mile, it’s on a airport landing strip, you have time to get up to speed and then go through timing traps before coming to a 1/2 mile shut down to slow down. Last years top speed in the 1mile was 300.4MPH , it would be great to see an F-PACE or other Jagaur SVR cars to see what they can do in the mile.

Thanks
DP
i was only joking. I have the draggy and the mph in the car is 3 mph faster than the draggy which also matches speed cameras. We can’t go that fast here in the uk

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,391 Posts
i was only joking. I have the draggy and the mph in the car is 3 mph faster than the draggy which also matches speed cameras. We can’t go that fast here in the uk
Can you take a trip to the Autobahn in Germany see what it will do.

DP

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,391 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts