Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So not 1 member from Asia? I came here looking to ask a few questions and found there was no one here. Well I'll check back in a month.

DP

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only know my car is Hong Kong market spec. What do you want to know?

What items came on yours that did not come on the US version. Like did you get a foot rest petal or 12v plug on the dash by start button.

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
18 Posts
@DPinTX, I live in Shanghai and I just got a 2018 25t Prestige China version. I spent some time matching up the specs and options with the China vs USA Jaguar.com website for Prestiges and there are a few small differences (but the biggest and most important one for me was China Presiges come with the 18" vs the 19" wheels).

I think all trims have the cigarette outlet below the start/stop button (we even get a cigarette cup ashtray that fits in the cuphilders) and no special foot rest for the non driving foot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I am based in Mumbai, India, the F Pace has been selling here for a good 5+ years and I got mine 3 years ago.

Firstly this forum has been a great help in understanding the car and coming to terms that I am not alone in experiencing the F Pace.

I love the car for what it is, and on many days I am totally frustrated. I have been glad to have a very good service center associated with the car which has honored all my claims.

BUT - my warranty expires next month. and I am dreading what is in store after that ;-)

My story so far

Vibration Problem
No cause found, however after re-torque-ing all the nuts holding the under shield and also trying to drive the car without the bottom shield the sounds continued, eventually they replaced the all the bolts keeping fingers crossed - Currently the noise level has reduced, but when it will re-appear we do not know, because we never found the problem.

Body Roll / car bounce
This problem was one that really an issue, The car was there multiple times, drove on other vehicles (F PACE) with the drivers and service advisors, eventually they replaced the rear shocks - currently the body roll has reduced significantly, however they have said that the bounce and roll might return once the shocks wear out again!!!

Other power and engine related issues
They were able to find a leakage in one of the radiators and had the same replaced - I had not complained about it, but it was found and it was fixed

PDC system issues
I continued to have problems with right forward PDC has been replaced - The car has gone for the 4th time and was replaced, left front PDC was also replaced recently

Fuel Pump Issue

The car practically stalled and had to be towed - The fuel pump was replaced

Water Pump (Coolent) replacement

I received a high temp warning and had to tow the car again to the workshop - The water pump was replaced recently

Other honourable mentions

There was a Battery fault which was detected, and apparently the battery was tested earlier, gave it a green signal and returned the car, however when the car was with me again (after 5 weeks) I found that the start stop would not work, and had to return the car for the 3rd time, when they replaced the batteries. - 3rd time's the charm

Further, since there were sounds coming from the wheels while turning, the elbow bolts were replaced!

In summary so far (all within the last 18 months)
1 My driver's side windshield washer has been replaced
2 Both headlight washer has been replaced
3 Both Steering elbow joint bolts replaced
4 All undercarriage / protection cover bolts replaced
5 Rear Shocks Replaced
6 One of the radiators replaced
7 Primary battery replaced
8 Auxiliary battery replaced
9 PDC both front sensors were replaced
10 Fuel Pump replaced
11 Water / coolant pump replaced

Unfortunately the company does not have a "Replacement warranty" only replair and change of parts ... I think I was sold a factory reject! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts