Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jesusk1, thanks. It is not tint (as in film). Removed the lights and clear coated them with tinted clear coat. It looks like a complete factory finish and protects the lights from scratching, you can even wax and buff them. I have clear coated headlamps on my BMW and other vehicles and they never fade, no yellowish crap after a few years. They stay looking brand new.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm a big fan of this effect and will probably do it on all my future cars. I used a removable film instead of paint. You should do your reflectors on the bumper as well for consistency. Subtle effect, but huge improvement.

Reactions: Muy Loco

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a big fan of this effect and will probably do it on all my future cars. I used a removable film instead of paint. You should do your reflectors on the bumper as well for consistency. Subtle effect, but huge improvement.
Yes sir. I like it when it is not crazy dark. I did the tail lamps today because the lights are easy to remove. When I get more times the reflectors will get done.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Usually I am against tinting the tail lights since I think it cheapens the look and makes them look after market.

A big however on this one. I think it is because the car is red and the tail lights are a different shade and look funny. The slight darkening makes them almost look normal now. Have to do the lights in the bumper now.

Good job.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Since one of my shops was slow, we did a little smoking of tail lamps. Kept it pretty subtle >:)

A little before and after.
Love how they are outlined in black, really goes well with this particular build.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Usually I am against tinting the tail lights since I think it cheapens the look and makes them look after market.

A big however on this one. I think it is because the car is red and the tail lights are a different shade and look funny. The slight darkening makes them almost look normal now. Have to do the lights in the bumper now.

Good job.
This. Normally not my thing, but in this case, it looks nice.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I think it looks great this way on the IRR models due to the Color. Probably also would look good on Odyssey Red as well. I don't think you would really tell on another color then maybe blacks/greys where it would bring the lights more in line with the rest of the car colors if you went with a little deeper tint. I think on my Caesium Blue FP you probably couldn't tell unless they were side to side.

protecting the headlamps and tail lamps with film is a good idea though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great works!!! Can I do it myself without remove the lights?
The lights are easy ro remove with some basic tools. But I would certainly recommend having the lights sprayed at a professional body shop. The finish will be flawless.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Could you provide us with the tinted clear coat product that you used. I assume a spray on product but please confirm. Thanks.
It was professionally done. I oversee collision centers in philly and so. Jersey. It is high end ppg automotive clear coat. The trick is to add a couple of drops solvent base black tint. 2-3 passes after sanding the lights with 800 grit paper and that's the look you get.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great works!!! Can I do it myself without remove the lights?
Get it professionally done at a good body shop. Lights are a breeze to remove. To get a nice finish get is professionally sprayed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I smoked mine too...light tint to keep it subtle.
In my not so humble opinion I think it looks killer. I think Jag should've done something like this from the get go for R and S models. Just something subtle that would've made them a little more distinctive...

Great job. Looks great on silver.

·
Registered
159 Posts
have a question, how many film or % they use to have that look, I don't know what they use to make look that dark.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like your results!
Today My service tech showed me a black Ftype R he just tinted all exterior lenses. Also removed all rear emblems except Leaper painted black.
Looked really mean and sexy. Planning on doing same to my BRG S. Wish I had taken pics...errrrrrr. I'll see if he will send me some.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts