Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car smells of fumes when stationary. At first I thought it must be the vehicle in front but it is not. There is a fault with the dif which leaks oil on to the hot exhaust and stinks. It has taken 2 months to find it. The smell will reduce as the oil in the dif runs reduces but Jaguar now know that this is a fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car smells of fumes when stationary. At first I thought it must be the vehicle in front but it is not. There is a fault with the dif which leaks oil on to the hot exhaust and stinks. It has taken 2 months to find it. The smell will reduce as the oil in the dif runs reduces but Jaguar now know that this is a fault.
I have the same issue. I thought at first it was a coolant leak so thanks for the heads up! I'm taking mine in for the super update and will mention the differential.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed the same thing recently. Was just about ready to ask the forum if they had noticed as well and your thread shows up and answers the question. Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm noticing the same thing. Anybody seem to think the fume smell is stronger with the heat turned on?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the same issue recently. Went in for the ICTP "super update" Monday and bought this up with the dealer. They said they hadn't heard about an issue although I thought there was a TSB on this. Anyone know if there is one or not?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Another known issue with the F Pace that oil leaks past the drive shaft rotary seal and sprays oil on the hot exhaust.
This problem should not happen on a car from the Land Rover family and just confirms that quality control is not a priority or thorough testing before launching it on us their testers.
Creaking rear springs,infortainment issues,drive line vibration,oil leaks, coolant leaks. What next?? A Wonderful Car is the F Pace!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
This problem should not happen on a car from the Land Rover family and just confirms that quality control is not a priority or thorough testing before launching it on us their testers.
Creaking rear springs,infortainment issues,drive line vibration,oil leaks, coolant leaks. What next?? A Wonderful Car is the F Pace!!
Not sure what you are getting at. While it's disappointing to learn about all of the issues that are published on TOPIX, I don't believe there is any car manufacturer with service departments free of any issues. Just because this forum has a comprehensive list of every known problem doesn't necessarily mean that all owners will experience it nor does it make it out of line of what first year run models typically go through. What's more important is how quickly Jaguar deals with it, and ensures owner satisfaction.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not sure what you are getting at. While it's disappointing to learn about all of the issues that are published on TOPIX, I don't believe there is any car manufacturer with service departments free of any issues. Just because this forum has a comprehensive list of every known problem doesn't necessarily mean that all owners will experience it nor does it make it out of line of what first year run models typically go through. What's more important is how quickly Jaguar deals with it, and ensures owner satisfaction.
Is there a TOPIX for this? If yes, where can I get it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Is there a TOPIX for this? If yes, where can I get it?
I couldn't find the actual TOPIX codes, but it has been reported that the suspension gaiter seals, front differential issues, and coolant leaks have all contributed to irregular fumes due to the fluids making contact with the exhaust. In every case, the dealer was able to correct the problem (even if it took a few tries to figure it out). Even though my VIN falls within the range of potentially affected vehicles, I have not experienced any of these problems (7,500 miles so far).

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
If you are smelling something I would suggest you take a look under the vehicle and look at the belly pan which is plastic. Look if you see any fluid on the plastic, plastic will look dark black compared to other sections which may be a light grey due to dirt. If you do, get it to the service department. smells like that typically are some type of fluid leaking and getting on the exhaust which then burns it off creating the smell. You will smell it the most right after stopping or when idling. Yes it can work its way into the cabin.

Note, this will happen on any car if there is a leak. There is a thread on this that ChrisVH participated in where he has this situation and it was a Transfer Case Seal issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. I thought at first it was a coolant leak so thanks for the heads up! I'm taking mine in for the super update and will mention the differential.
As a follow-up, the dealer found the leak in the differential seal. Unfortunately, they are having to replace the differential and I should have the F-Pace back sometime next week.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Any body still noticing fumes in the cabin?* As others have stated been noticing it*when stopped at stop lights*and the heater on...*Been into the shop 3 times and the dealer has confirmed*on all occasions that there are no*fluid leaks. I*have had the check engine light come on 2 times,*one was a sensor for the exhaust and another was a stuck sensor in the DEF tank.*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts