Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to locate specs on the Media storage capacity. Anyone know how big the hard drive is? Is it upgradable? How many MP3 tracks can be loaded onboard? Etc.

Thx.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I think I read in the manual or here online that its 60gb. Number of MP3 tracks will depend on your ripping setting.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I read in the manual or here online that its 60gb. Number of MP3 tracks will depend on your ripping setting.

Could not locate any info. Saw one post that it will hold about ten CDs and it rips uncompressed wave format.

I have a healthy collection of m4a in 240-320kb rips that I've been trying to load from a usb stick and its been very problematic. Only gets a few directories loaded off the thumb drive and there is no status display to tell me how far it gets or whether it errors out. It just seems to stop no matter what I do and it doesn't report free or used space. Not well thought out.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Can't seem to locate specs on the Media storage capacity. Anyone know how big the hard drive is? Is it upgradable? How many MP3 tracks can be loaded onboard? Etc.

Thx.
Doesn't it vary depending on whether you have ICT or ICTPro? The ICTP has an SSD; the ICT does not. Right now I have 193 tunes onboard.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why not just get a slim profile USB 3.0 stick and leave in the F-Pace, such as the SanDisk Ultra Fit (32,64, or 128GB) or Lexmark/Sony equivalent.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not just get a slim profile USB 3.0 stick and leave in the F-Pace, such as the SanDisk Ultra Fit (32,64, or 128GB) or Lexmark/Sony equivalent.
Exactly what I did. Appears that the USB connectors on the F-Pace are as problematic as the ICTP. The darn thing got so hot when using it to play tunes that I smelled something burning and so I removed it. It was burning coals hot. Afraid to put it back...

I was just about to post a new topic on this when I saw your post on this thread...

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Exactly what I did. Appears that the USB connectors on the F-Pace are as problematic as the ICTP. The darn thing got so hot when using it to play tunes that I smelled something burning and so I removed it. It was burning coals hot. Afraid to put it back...

I was just about to post a new topic on this when I saw your post on this thread...
Cable issue or ICTP issue? Have you tried another alternative cable, or alternative USB stick, and weirdly enough that posting one person put up about constipation of ions in cable when crimped by enclosure or some such?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cable issue or ICTP issue? Have you tried another alternative cable, or alternative USB stick, and weirdly enough that posting one person put up about constipation of ions in cable when crimped by enclosure or some such?

Just ordered another brand of thumb drive from amazon. Will have it Monday and see if it runs cooler than the SanDisk and report back.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just posted in another thread before seeing this one.....

Page 70 of the F Pace brochure says the SSD is 60GB in the ICTP. I've put more than 10GB on mine already.

Reactions: Okie

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just posted in another thread before seeing this one.....

Page 70 of the F Pace brochure says the SSD is 60GB in the ICTP. I've put more than 10GB on mine already.
Mine is ICTP and it definitely is full with only a small subset of my music loaded.

This pic is directly from a dealer's inventory showing an FE. 10gb...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I downloaded the brochure:

InControl Touch Pro™ – Navigation system with 60GB Solid State Disk
(SSD) Drive-based mapping. Includes HDD-based "virtual multichanger"
and single slot in dash CD/DVD player1

The 60gb SSD is for the Navigation system, there is also an HDD-based "virtual multichanger" that you can copy or load CDs onto. It's only 10gb. You can't load media to the SSD...

·
Registered
51 Posts
So unfortunately my FPace is in getting the creak fixed and the ICTP update, so I can't check. I've twice loaded music onto an 8 gig card and transferred to car, although, to be fair, it may have been less than half full each time and I may not have put 10 gigs on....

I did see one tech article online from a few months ago that says the SSD is 60 GB and that 10GB of that is for you to load media.....so maybe I did indeed overestimate my transferred music to date....

https://www.netcarshow.com/jaguar/2017-f-pace/

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Suppose you wanted to upgrade the storage. Anybody know where the SSD is located in the vehicle?
I'm 99% certain that the SSD is buried inside the Infotainment Master Control unit. This is not a DVR or PC where you upgrade storage. I think it is what it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts