Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the ICT system with SiriusXM. When listening to SiriusXM with the ignition off, the radio will eventually display the "Energy Management" message and after 1 minute the radio shuts off. The problem arises when I turn the radio back on. Sometimes it resumes immediately and everything is working as expected. Other times it seems to go through a power up procedure which takes about a minute to complete. This is identified by the gradual display of the Jaguar leaper logo which slowly grows brighter. This is when the problem occurs. There is no SiriusXM listed as a possible source, it's as if I did not have the SiriusXM radio. The other problem is that the "HD" option for FM and AM radio is also gone. I have discovered that if I exit the car and set the alarm, wait about 15 minutes, when I restart the car the SiriusXM and "HD" options are back. The dealer tells me that I should not use the radio with the ignition off. I object to this because the radio by design does work with the ignition off. The problem, as far as I can tell, is the "Energy Management" system. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have the ICT system with SiriusXM. When listening to SiriusXM with the ignition off, the radio will eventually display the "Energy Management" message and after 1 minute the radio shuts off. The problem arises when I turn the radio back on. Sometimes it resumes immediately and everything is working as expected. Other times it seems to go through a power up procedure which takes about a minute to complete. This is identified by the gradual display of the Jaguar leaper logo which slowly grows brighter. This is when the problem occurs. There is no SiriusXM listed as a possible source, it's as if I did not have the SiriusXM radio. The other problem is that the "HD" option for FM and AM radio is also gone. I have discovered that if I exit the car and set the alarm, wait about 15 minutes, when I restart the car the SiriusXM and "HD" options are back. The dealer tells me that I should not use the radio with the ignition off. I object to this because the radio by design does work with the ignition off. The problem, as far as I can tell, is the "Energy Management" system. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Your dealer is an idiot. Is that helpful feedback? ;)
I listen to my FM radio and Sirius channels after stopping the car. Fairly often. I don't recall seeing an "Energy Management" message when the radio finally shuts off after a few minutes.
All available features return when I restart the car, though the channel shortcuts I've saved for both FM and for Sirius take some time to show up. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've had the ICT crash and reboot a couple of times in 4000 miles (with maybe some glitchy behavior just before) but it recovers all functionality a minute later when it it done rebooting.

·
Super Moderator
1,984 Posts
I have discovered that if I exit the car and set the alarm, wait about 15 minutes, when I restart the car the SiriusXM and "HD" options are back. The dealer tells me that I should not use the radio with the ignition off.
The key to getting things back to normal is that locking and waiting period. That gives the CPU the chance to power down and let you reboot fresh.

If the dealer cannot or is unwilling to help you call the Jaguar Concierge (1-800-4-JAGUAR) That is their customer service line. Tell them about your problem and how your dealer can't or won't try and help you out. They will either ask or tell you what your case # is if they don't, ask them to open one for you. That should get the ball rolling. You may still have to keep on top of JLR but that should help. They will/should call the dealer to get them an answer to your problem. Hope this is useful.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Same issue. I just had a software update and it fixed it. Update was supposed to take three hours as it is a total reload, but it took a little longer. Get a loaner unit and come back when it is done. They put me in an XF and now my wife wants one of those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts