Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody's trial subscription run out? I have had my Pace since June with no issues with the subscription but I just had the 2nd part of the super update loaded and within an hour I got an email from Sirius about my trial has just started.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Has anybody's trial subscription run out? I have had my Pace since June with no issues with the subscription but I just had the 2nd part of the super update loaded and within an hour I got an email from Sirius about my trial has just started.
Are you saying you had a 6 month trial?
Having had XM for many years, I found them to be pretty good at keeping track of trials and subscriptions, since I have several vehicle and home subscriptions.
I would think like many faults on our FP's, it will probably self correct once they discover the mistake . :)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
My Sirius in the F-Pace is still chugging along after nearly a full 5 months.

I have been lazy and haven't moved it to my active sirius account. In fact, shame on me but my Sirius accounts are a mess. I haven't found out an easy way to manage them with cars coming and going and such. My wife's BMW bought in June is probably in the same place.

I guess I better get focused on it now before they cut off the service in both of our new vehicles, and I probably need to do something since I'm probably still paying for the radio in the cars we recently gotten rid of as well.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
My own anecdote, three months to the day mine was cut off, so those who are riding it out longer than that, good on you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to know that I'm not the only one. But with that said, I have 1 of the original pioneer xm receivers in my truck with no subscription but I get every channel. Word in the car stereo world is that the first generation receivers have no way to kill the signal once activated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My three month trial subscription was still going after 4 months or so. I mentioned the Jag trial to Sirius when I called to deactivate my old one in another car, when I replaced that with a new model with a trial subscription. They had no record of my jag trial or radio - so I have shot myself in the foot by mentioning it. My advice is to just let it go until you stop getting service...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I tried to activate my free trial Saturday, and called up Sirius, and they said there was not free trail for my radio. They said I should call the dealer, and see if a free trial is offered, and have them start the service...

·
Registered
37 Posts
On a some what related note, am I to assume there would be no way to add Sirius/XM to a F-Pace that didn't come with it factory installed?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Every car I have ever bought that had Sirius, it was working when I picked up the car.
Was your Sirius radio working when your FP was delivered?
I called Sirius and they said that the dealer needed to start the free trial. For a week I have called (4 times) my sales person, and he said that he doesn't know how to get the trial started. His last comment was he was going to get with the service department to see how to get the trial started.
I thought I had my dealership problems solved, something doesn't sound right here.

Normally I don't care, but I am considering a road trip next month, and thought it would be nice to have.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Every car I have ever bought that had Sirius, it was working when I picked up the car.
... I called Sirius and they said that the dealer needed to start the free trial.
The radio in my last car would display a message that I needed to call Sirius to get the "free trial" started. I though that I would postpone it for a couple of months, and in the meantime I would see the message with a phone number but did not have an enabled radio. When I did call, Sirius said that the dealer had enabled the free trial and that my time was up. Took another month and half a dozen phone calls to get the trial restarted (I think the dealer had to send Sirius some money).
Sirius will not enable your radio until they have a credit card number to be able to bill you after the free trial.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just got a notice my trial expires in 3 months. That makes a 6 month trial. I'll take it. Now if the same goes for 3G I'll be a happy camper.

·
Super Moderator
1,891 Posts
Sirius will not enable your radio until they have a credit card number to be able to bill you after the free trial.
That is not true. When your trial period is about to end you will get a letter in the mail from Sirius indicating so. The dealer in all cases on a new car will/should always activate the trial subscription. They do not need your CC for the trial activation. I let mine lapse for a month or so and I got a letter indicating that I could buy a 1 year subscription for $89 plus fees and taxes. On my Lexus the offer after the trail was $30 for 6 months or $99 for 1 year. I took the 6 months and I'll deal with them again. In no case did I have to give them my credit card to keep on file. It's a game that Sirius plays with its customers.

I have been a subscriber for 7 years on multiple vehicles. I have never let them keep my CC on file. What you need to tell them is you want to use your CC for a one time payment only. The caveat is they will charge you $2 for what they refer to as a paper bill even if you never get one, although if they send you a bill you can pay by check or CC. The problem is if you do that there are no negotiations. If you do get a bill in the mail the annual rate is around $200+.

If you're interested I can post more about the games they play.

·
Super Moderator
1,891 Posts
On a some what related note, am I to assume there would be no way to add Sirius/XM to a F-Pace that didn't come with it factory installed?
There are ways to add it but it won't be a factory look alike. There is a wiring harness and antenna along with a receiver that is required. If the harness is there which it might be along with the antenna the Sirius module would probably be in the $600+ range plus programming plus the standard Sirius subscription rate.

Starting with the most basic FP the Sirius option is $350. Well worth it even if you decide not to use it (helps resale).

·
Registered
591 Posts
The dealer in all cases on a new car will/should always activate the trial subscription.
Hmm. That was not my experience but maybe it is explained by the dealer neglecting to actually activate the radio? Would be interested in ideas on how to handle a handover from one vehicle to my upcoming F-Pace. Do existing customers get a "free trial" at all? Should I let my subscription lapse? Or ?? I'm currently in the $240 per year category of valued customer :|

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hmm. That was not my experience but maybe it is explained by the dealer neglecting to actually activate the radio? Would be interested in ideas on how to handle a handover from one vehicle to my upcoming F-Pace. Do existing customers get a "free trial" at all? Should I let my subscription lapse? Or ?? I'm currently in the $240 per year category of valued customer :|
I am an existing customer, and I did get the free trial on my FP. When the free trial expires, I plan to move an existing subscription from another vehicle (which I plan to sell) to the FP.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
I had a large credit from a previous Sirius/XM system. Just got ESN of F-Pace from dealer, called Sirius and they activated vehicle before I picked it up. Everything worked. I skipped the trial.

PS: Checking that trial is up and running is part of the owner pre delivery letter so if someone uses that the dealer should take care of it.

·
Super Moderator
1,891 Posts
As previously stated you will always get a free trial on an new vehicle. It is vehicle not owner dependent. When you sell or get rid of your old vehicle you should call Sirius and tell them you sold the vehicle. Any unused portion of your subscription will be credited to your account or they will send you a check. When you are finished with the trial period on your FP you can, a) let the subscription lapse and wait for them to send you an offer in the mail or email or, b) call them to negotiate and then use the credit from your old vehicle.

Hope that helps.

BTW Nobody pays or should pay $240 per year for Sirius. For those who do well that's off topic!

·
Registered
3 Posts
can you send more info on sirius subscriptions. Can you have 1 subscription on 2 cars. I'd be more inclined to subscribe if I got it in both my audi and f-pace. Also, what are the best rates people have negotiated? i recall seeing someone say they negotiated $5/mnth on an audi forum. r

1 - 20 of 25 Posts