Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody having issues with the Sirius radio signal just going off - it's like it freezes up - no sound and it won't allow you to move between stations, etc. I have found I can "fix" it most of the time by going to source and then FM radio - which works - then hit the Sirius source again and it starts working. This doesn't work all the time though - sometimes just have to wait until after car is restarted after a certain amount of time and it's working again. Some kind of connectivity issue going on?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I haven't activated that yet.

My ICT froze for the first time yesterday though. Started car, came on normally, then after I started driving simply radio cut out and it simply displayed the jaguar logo for about a minute before radio came back on and screen went to normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anybody having issues with the Sirius radio signal just going off - it's like it freezes up - no sound and it won't allow you to move between stations, etc.
Generally when you go through tunnels or under bridges, it will stop playing as it wont have any signal. Freezing within Sirius app could be due to that. But you should always be able to switch to FM.

I haven't activated that yet.
You dont really need to activate it. There is a free channel that plays ads. They play new songs on that as well. Also, dont you get 3/6/12 months free?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I actually work at SiriusXM, so I can answer some of these questions. Feel free to message me, too.

Every FPACE that has SXM as part of the spec comes with a free three-month trial. Your dealer SHOULD have activated the trial for you before left the lot, but most dealers don't do it. So, you can call either the number that comes up on the screen when you go to it on ICT/ICT Pro or call 1-855-599-5618 to activate your trial. No credit card or anything is required.

If you picked up your FPACE in the last two weeks, you were able to listen to SOME channels for free (60 of them). That's our Free Listening program (which I run) and it's a way to get former listeners to check us out again and hopefully resubscribe. Your dealer might have thought your trial was active, but it's a completely different program and doesn't affect your trial.

As for reception - yes, if you're in a place where access to the satellites is blocked (tall buildings, tunnels, mountain passes, etc), it will cut out for a few seconds and then come back.

I think @Jagfirst's issue is with the system itself.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I actually work at SiriusXM, so I can answer some of these questions. Feel free to message me, too.

Every FPACE that has SXM as part of the spec comes with a free three-month trial. Your dealer SHOULD have activated the trial for you before left the lot, but most dealers don't do it. So, you can call either the number that comes up on the screen when you go to it on ICT/ICT Pro or call 1-855-599-5618 to activate your trial. No credit card or anything is required.

If you picked up your FPACE in the last two weeks, you were able to listen to SOME channels for free (60 of them). That's our Free Listening program (which I run) and it's a way to get former listeners to check us out again and hopefully resubscribe. Your dealer might have thought your trial was active, but it's a completely different program and doesn't affect your trial.

As for reception - yes, if you're in a place where access to the satellites is blocked (tall buildings, tunnels, mountain passes, etc), it will cut out for a few seconds and then come back.

I think @Jagfirst's issue is with the system itself.
I love SiriusXM, but I must say, what I went though to cancel the subscription on my Jetta last week, I about went postal. They make you call. Then when you select cancellation option, you have to explain to somebody why you want to cancel. Then they send you to the cancellation department where you have the exact same conversation. Then you hear an endless parade of stupid offers for them to try to save you. If traditional radio wasn't so horrendous I might actually second guess being a customer.

Fortunately 20 minutes later I'm canceled. Now just need to activate my free trial so I can start listening to lithium and the highway!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I love SiriusXM, but I must say, what I went though to cancel the subscription on my Jetta last week, I about went postal. They make you call. Then when you select cancellation option, you have to explain to somebody why you want to cancel. Then they send you to the cancellation department where you have the exact same conversation. Then you hear an endless parade of stupid offers for them to try to save you. If traditional radio wasn't so horrendous I might actually second guess being a customer.

Fortunately 20 minutes later I'm canceled. Now just need to activate my free trial so I can start listening to lithium and the highway!
Sorry. It's actually a LOT better than it used to be in the call centers. But - you can subscribe online after your trial (if you want) and not deal with humans at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (awaiting my S Type F-PACE) and I get the Sirius freeze out on my UConnect system occasionally, too. Locks up the whole thing for a little while, but, like a bad golf swing, always seems to come back.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Same happened in my Ford Sync system. When the satellite signal was blocked, I could change channels or do anything witht he interface until signal was restored. It isn't like traditional radio where you can just tune to a channel and hear static if there is no signal.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Sirius is great right up until they think it's worth $350 a year.

I wait for the promotions that are 6 months for $25. Not sure if it's worth it even then but at least it's cheap.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sirius is great right up until they think it's worth $350 a year.

I wait for the promotions that are 6 months for $25. Not sure if it's worth it even then but at least it's cheap.
Ha, I consistently only pay for the 5 mos for $22 deal or whatever it is on a gift card and invariably when they can't charge it again and I go a month or so of no Sirius, they email me the same offer. Otherwise they try to get, what, $18 a month or some BS for the same package? No thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It happened in my parents' new XT5 several times last night. It was an XM issue

Same thing happened on our new CTS the other day. I believe it was an XM problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
When Sirius and XM were competitors they used a combination of technologies satellite being one of them. In many places land based towers were used to repeat signal. That is still being used in some areas and that is part of the reason you loose reception. The other is very simply if the car can't see the sky then the obvious "no reception".

I have Sirius in 2 out of my 3 vehicles and reception is fair to good. When I cancelled it on my Vette I started to get emails asking me to come back. 6 months for $30. What they don't tell you initially is about royalty fess and taxes. FWIW Pandora, Spotify a thumb drive or anything similar is much cheaper unless you need to listen to Opie or Howard Stern.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had this experience 3 times already and have only 250 miles on my car. Only I couldn't get it to allow me to switch audio sources, change channel - nothing. It sometimes starts working again in 3 or 4 minutes - sometimes longer. Think they will probably have a fix for this one, but we all need to report it to our dealers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anybody having issues with the Sirius radio signal just going off - it's like it freezes up - no sound and it won't allow you to move between stations, etc. I have found I can "fix" it most of the time by going to source and then FM radio - which works - then hit the Sirius source again and it starts working. This doesn't work all the time though - sometimes just have to wait until after car is restarted after a certain amount of time and it's working again. Some kind of connectivity issue going on?
I have the same problem, also afects the phone function.

It will somtimes reconize my phone on bluetooth, other times it says "Handset not activated' and you must go through thr activation proceedure again. Untill it decides to cut out again. I've had my x-pace sice June 17, 2016 and allready I'm totally frustrated. That is 4 days!

I'll be calling my sales person tomorrow to replace the Incontrol module asap.

This is BS, maybe I should have gotten a Macan after all.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I have the same problem, also afects the phone function.

It will somtimes reconize my phone on bluetooth, other times it says "Handset not activated' and you must go through thr activation proceedure again. Untill it decides to cut out again. I've had my x-pace sice June 17, 2016 and allready I'm totally frustrated. That is 4 days!

I'll be calling my sales person tomorrow to replace the Incontrol module asap.

This is BS, maybe I should have gotten a Macan after all.
You should start a relationship with the service department, and ween off of the sales guys. They're not going to be of any benefit to you soon.

Also, I'm sure it's frustrating, but keep those panties from wadding up, you should have known what you were getting into. Things happen but our two visits to the service department have been positive experiences.

No new model is without issue, least of all the Macan.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You should start a relationship with the service department, and ween off of the sales guys. They're not going to be of any benefit to you soon.

Also, I'm sure it's frustrating, but keep those panties from wadding up, you should have known what you were getting into. Things happen but our two visits to the service department have been positive experiences.

Wife's Macan S is so far perfect, however cost 8K$ more...still no excuse.

The basics need attention.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Bahah - you should repost that Macan recall/issue list from when they were first released ;) It was ludicrous.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wife's Macan S is so far perfect, however cost 8K$ more...still no excuse.

The basics need attention.
The Macan is an old model, now half way through its lifecycle. The Macan had a list of issues and recalls pages long when it first came out. This is normal for all brand new cars. They will get sorted as they get identified and fixed put in place. Just relax - it has only been 4 days! If you wanted a perfect/polished car, you shouldn't have been am early adopter of a brand new car only a month after it was released. Everyone knows that first model years of all brands have their quirks to work out - that is part of what making an informed decision is. We chose to buy F-Paces knowing we were early adopters and there would be teething problems that would be sorted - just like with any other car. If you didn't make this decision with your eyes open... well, caveat emptor.

Reactions: VZX-CO
1 - 20 of 76 Posts