Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I notice this has been mentioned in a few other posts, but wanted to give it a fresh start in hopes I can find an answer. Two things:

1) Pressing the "Tune Scan" icon brings up an "Updating" screen that never goes away (has stayed there for at least 15 minutes). Not sure what's the deal there, or for that matter, what "Tune Scan" even is.

2) Favorite channel icons do not display channel logo or number; no way of knowing what channel is associated with each icon. Following are pictures of mine, alongside one posted from another member that works correctly.

Tried sending out a refresh signal from Sirius; didn't work. Not sure where to go on this one.
ANY HELP at all would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am one of apparently few people who have had exactly these issues...

Tune scan - this got resolved in mine - I have had so many bugs addressed that I honestly don't know what fixed it - probably the ICTP 2.0 update. I was told prior to that that it will "update" for several minutes after starting the car but it never actually stopped updating in my experience. Once it started working, I didn't really understand the usefulness of the feature anyway - it just scrolls through your favorite channels so you can hear what is on and select one to stop on...

Icons - I thought the Sirius signal thing might fix it but the dealer never got to trying that as far as I know. I would have tried it but the dealer has my car more often than I do... Anyway, I went to collect my car last night after 4 weeks in the shop attempting (and failing) to address many issues. They installed a totally new ICTP module and presumably the 2.5 update and I was very happy to see that I had icons at last! So the answer is probably that you need 2.5 software. If that doesn't work, you need a new ICTP module.

The bad news is that after all of this I have no navigation and Bluetooth connectivity is cranky. I returned the car to them before I even got rolling so we are now at 88 days in the shop in total and counting.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks darlo!

88 days in the shop!? That's nuts!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes, it is nuts. A resolution is in the offing fortunately.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Found this while Googling...

Q: What is Tune Scan™? A: Tune Scan is a Satellite Radio feature that allows you to scan through your favorite music channel songs that you have not yet listened to. Tap the Tune Scan button to initiate the scan and you will hear 6-second samples of songs. Tap Tune Scan again to stop and continue to listen to the song you like. You can also use the Skip Forward (>>) and Skip Backward (<<) controls while in Tune Scan mode. For Tune Scan to operate properly, the radio must have been turned on and in Satellite Radio mode for several minutes to be able to start building a library of songs. In addition, your visible Favorite channel page must contain two or more music channels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone have any updates to the missing Sirius XM favorite channel badges? I have a 2017 Range Rover with the same exact issues and Land Rover is no help!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hi Guys,

1) Pressing the "Tune Scan" icon brings up an "Updating" screen that never goes away (has stayed there for at least 15 minutes). Not sure what's the deal there, or for that matter, what "Tune Scan" even is.
Finally figured out Tune Scan. When displaying favorites list, there is an icon to the right of each favorite. If you select it, it makes that favorite a Smart Favorite. (6 max).
Once I did this, Tune Scan finally works. It cycles through each of the stations and you can select and play if something catches your fancy.
This has been bugging me for months!!!:)
I originally posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry for the double post.

Reactions: L-PACE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my 2018 F-Pace and the Sirius XM channel icons do not display on my favorite list or anywhere else. Called the dealer and they played dumb. Has anyone found a fix for this issue? The favorites listed along the bottom of the screen are useless if they all have the same generic icon.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just got my 2018 F-Pace and the Sirius XM channel icons do not display on my favorite list or anywhere else. Called the dealer and they played dumb. Has anyone found a fix for this issue? The favorites listed along the bottom of the screen are useless if they all have the same generic icon.
Knock on wood, but this is also the only issue I have on my 18. How many of you do have the icons on your ICTP units?

·
Registered
4 Posts
And what is your dealer saying when you complain about the problem? Mine acted like they'd never heard about it before, and told me there were no active recalls on this issue.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hmm maybe we should start a poll for MY18s. Mine is also missing the icons. I am going to call the service manager in San Antonio and see if he's familiar with the issue. My ICTP is otherwise flawless so far.

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm probably about to jinx myself, but I have the icons. Sometimes it does take a minute or two before they appear, but I've not had any issues - knock on plasticky satin ash burl wood.........

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had the same issue. Was resolved with a soft ware update.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I had the same issue. Was resolved with a soft ware update.
Wasn't that a new module too? Or am I'm confusing you with another? Maybe I am thinking of darlo and his MY17 that got bought back. :confused:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wasn't that a new module too? Or am I'm confusing you with another? Maybe I am thinking of darlo and his MY17 that got bought back. :confused:
You have an excellent memory. My 2017, which was repurchased by Jaguar, ultimately required a module replacement. My 2018 XM display issues were resolved by a software update.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You have an excellent memory. My 2017, which was repurchased by Jaguar, ultimately required a module replacement. My 2018 XM display issues were resolved by a software update.
Glad I'm not going bonkers :D My husband thinks I spend WAAAAYY too much time on this forum as it is. Glad a software update is all it may take. This is literally my one glitch and I'm not in a huge hurry to fix it, but nice to know maybe it will remedy whenever I get around to getting the next software update.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm curious about this, as I haven't had a software update done and mine is working correctly. When did you take delivery of your 18? I didn't pick mine up until July 28, and I'm wondering if this was a recently released update that got done to mine during PDI.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts