Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before taking my F-Pace in to the dealer for creaks and ITCP lockup I had to search all over the place for the Topix numbers. So I figured I would create a thread where we can throw them in so in the future new owners can easily find them. Here are the ones I know about so far:

JTB00380NAS3 - Humidity Issues
SSM72700 - Loose License Plate Bracket
SSM72784 - Creaking
SSM72823 - Issues with CD Player
SSM72836 - Creaking
SSM72845 - Clarity of Customer Complaint Reporting (Dealer)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SSM72913 - Title Touchscreen goes into recycle mode at ignition on

(Supposedly Revised software release early September (wk36))

·
Registered
154 Posts
Topix Numbers

Before taking my F-Pace in to the dealer for creaks and ITCP lockup I had to search all over the place for the Topix numbers. So I figured I would create a thread where we can throw them in so in the future new owners can easily find them. Here are the ones I know about so far:

JTB00380NAS3 - Humidity Issues
SSM72700 - Loose License Plate Bracket
SSM72784 - Creaking
SSM72823 - Issues with CD Player
SSM72836 - Creaking
SSM72845 - Clarity of Customer Complaint Reporting (Dealer)
Hi Jen, How did you find these? I know some forum members have posted topix docs to a shared Onedrive, but is there another source you have? I tried to log on to topic to look at some of these numbers, but of course, it asked for a log in which I don't have...

·
Super Moderator
1,865 Posts
Hi Jen, How did you find these? I know some forum members have posted topix docs to a shared Onedrive, but is there another source you have? I tried to log on to topic to look at some of these numbers, but of course, it asked for a log in which I don't have...
You can create a log in to "see" TopiX titles only. If you want to see the contents of a particular TSB you must buy a subscription.

Here is the link:

TOPix

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
. . . so here is a thought. . . the annual subscription is a bit expensive for a single person to really use (I think I saw $499/yr), but if many forum members got together and chipped in, and the forum purchased the subscription, and posted the docs on a secure thread or site where only those who had contributed had access, many of us could benefit. One-hundred owners pitching in five bucks a year and we share the return...

·
Super Moderator
1,865 Posts
It's a great idea but what I'd like to see is the forum admins start taking on advertisers and using a small amount of that $$ to buy the subscription and have an admin or moderator add a place in the forum where everyone could take advantage of the information.

Keep in mind there are some people who shall remain anonymous that have subscriptions as we speak.

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,865 Posts
I have this problem...didn't know it had been reported...hope it gets fixed soon.
One of the forum member had downloaded this and about 2 dozen other TSB's in July. If you look at my post from the 20th there is a link that you can use to see the TOPix bulletin headers. BTW the issue you referred to about the mirrors was in the letter that VZX-CO posted. If you used it the dealer should have taken care of it or maybe they did not know about the issue which would not be a surprise.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I have this problem...didn't know it had been reported...hope it gets fixed soon.
Just want to make sure I am hearing this correctly , You say that after Yours lowers itself , IT won't go back up ??? I bet you do "hope IT gets fixed soon" !!! >:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Here's a potentially stupid and silly question....

Taking delivery of an F-Pace that I ordered and was built less than a month ago. How many of current Topix issues would not be taken care at the manufacturer end of things, and would still need the dealer to take a look and address any of them? Do I need to tell them "heh, this specific one seems pretty serious, has it been done" (thinking either the Instrument Cluster going Blank or even the Tie Rod greasing ... but also minor ones) or would the manufacturing process of taken this stuff into account?

Basically, I have things I am going to want them to do (or not do -- please don't wash it unless it's by hand!) before I pick it up, so I don't want to call out stuff that I don't need to.

·
Registered
617 Posts

Taking delivery of an F-Pace that I ordered and was built less than a month ago. How many of current Topix issues would not be taken care at the manufacturer end of things, and would still need the dealer to take a look and address any of them? Do I need to tell them "heh, this specific one seems pretty serious, has it been done" (thinking either the Instrument Cluster going Blank or even the Tie Rod greasing ... but also minor ones) or would the manufacturing process of taken this stuff into account?

Basically, I have things I am going to want them to do (or not do -- please don't wash it unless it's by hand!) before I pick it up, so I don't want to call out stuff that I don't need to.
In my ever to be humbled opinion, don't count on the factory or the dealership to proactively take care of any of these issues, perhaps the more serious ones, yes.

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts

There is a pre delivery process (PDI) where the dealer is supposed to take care of anything that didn't get done to your vehicle when it was made. The PDI software will actually install and update any software related stuff automatically. Many of the Topix technical bulletins, etc. contain language saying "do not release to owner unless this is taken care of." My gut is that most of the problems with unaddressed items we've seen on here tend to be on vehicles like 2017's that were sitting on a lot for a long time and the dealer didn't bother to update.

Strongly suggest you utilize the letter linked below and mail to your sales person about a week prior to delivery. It acts as a checklist for you and them. You might also try to meet their shop manager prior to delivery just to establish a connection. Take a copy of the letter with you as a checklist on delivery day so the excitement of delivery doesn't overcome checking to see the basics are taken care of.

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/386970-post1.html

Reactions: cbrehman
1 - 16 of 16 Posts