Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke with JLR North America yesterday about the length of time it takes to repair these vehicles (mine has been in the shop since November 20th) and what appears to be a disconnect between the dealers and the U.K.

Anyway, it looks like JLR may be offering me a concession of some sort, perhaps an accessory credit. My question is this, does anybody know if the illuminated sill tread plates can be added to a vehicle after the factory build? Is there a wiring harness or connection installed at that location for an after build addition of the illuminated sill plates?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Spoke with JLR North America yesterday about the length of time it takes to repair these vehicles (mine has been in the shop since November 20th) and what appears to be a disconnect between the dealers and the U.K.

Anyway, it looks like JLR may be offering me a concession of some sort, perhaps an accessory credit. My question is this, does anybody know if the illuminated sill tread plates can be added to a vehicle after the factory build? Is there a wiring harness or connection installed at that location for an after build addition of the illuminated sill plates?
They can be added after the build. Multiple people on here have done it. Im pretty sure its plug & play, so theres no wiring that has to be done or anything like that. Hope that helps a little.

Reactions: ctufieldops

·
Registered
933 Posts
My dealer accidentally damaged one of my non-illuminated tread plates and plans to replace it. Based on what I'm reading, it seems like this is a pretty easy fix. I'm assuming I can just wait at the dealership, rather than requesting a loaner. Can anybody who's replaced one of these give me a sense on timing? Are we talking 15 minutes, an hour, etc.? Just need to plan accordingly to schedule my day. Thanks.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dealer accidentally damaged one of my non-illuminated tread plates and plans to replace it. Based on what I'm reading, it seems like this is a pretty easy fix. I'm assuming I can just wait at the dealership, rather than requesting a loaner. Can anybody who's replaced one of these give me a sense on timing? Are we talking 15 minutes, an hour, etc.? Just need to plan accordingly to schedule my day. Thanks.
From what I understand is's as simple as prying up the old sill and dropping and snapping in the new one. I have an apt to get my illuminated sills installed on the 26th. I can probably do it myself, but I have a couple other issues I want them to check out and since JLR is paying for it, they can install them as well. I'll be keeping the old, non-illuminated ones and look to sell those on ebay if anybody in interested.:cool:

·
Registered
933 Posts
From what I understand is's as simple as prying up the old sill and dropping and snapping in the new one. I have an apt to get my illuminated sills installed on the 26th. I can probably do it myself, but I have a couple other issues I want them to check out and since JLR is paying for it, they can install them as well. I'll be keeping the old, non-illuminated ones and look to sell those on ebay if anybody in interested.:cool:
How'd you manage to get JLR to pay for the illuminated plates?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Super easy to do. Takes all of 5 minutes and they are plug and play. The wiring lives under the standardd sill and plugs right in. They will immediately light up as the door will be open. I just removed them from my F Pace after adding them after purchase. Its been recently traded so they are up for grabs if anybody wants em :) They are Jet and are in excellent condition. They light up blue to match the rest of the interior lighting

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
while we are on the subject can I assume it's the same plug and play for the rear cargo illuminated plates?

Reactions: tmoreno

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
. Its been recently traded so they are up for grabs if anybody wants em :) They are Jet and are in excellent condition. They light up blue to match the rest of the interior lighting
Could you PM me with Pics and price w/ approx. shipping?

thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Super easy to do. Takes all of 5 minutes and they are plug and play. The wiring lives under the standardd sill and plugs right in. They will immediately light up as the door will be open. I just removed them from my F Pace after adding them after purchase. Its been recently traded so they are up for grabs if anybody wants em :) They are Jet and are in excellent condition. They light up blue to match the rest of the interior lighting
Mine! Just took them off your hands. Looking forward to adding them. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would like to install these on my own, my current ones are non-illuminated but I’d like to install the illuminated. Does anyone have a ebay link? Will it be possible to install of I don’t currently have the illuminated option on the sills?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I would like to install these on my own, my current ones are non-illuminated but I’d like to install the illuminated. Does anyone have a ebay link? Will it be possible to install of I don’t currently have the illuminated option on the sills?
I was just thinking about doing this too. They are plug and play as I remember, so an easy swap once you have them.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I only see one set on eBay currently, $900 from China. Yeah, nope. I’ll keep an eye out and see if more pop up.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very simple swap, "plug and play", there is a connector under the existing sil (I believe on all trim levels) plate. I have them, and would advise you that's it's so simple, a Purchase owner could so it :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
T4A5868PVJ - Jet.
T4A5868AAM - Espresso
Do you sell these or are you just rubbing it in?
Just trying to help with correct part numbers. It helps, if you want find plates in internet.
Photos (I’ve bought plates for 300 usd from local supplier) - to show connectors.
Like mentioned here before, instalation is simple.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts