Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Thanks for this informative post , @Andoo !!!
It might come in handy , for people who are in the market for this item !!!

It's unfortunate that it had to be followed by an 8-POST discussion ,
concerning uninvited , uncalled for , and flat-out unhelpful OPINIONS !!!

And to think that someone felt the need to say , that you would install these on your vehicle ,
"to let people know you don't care what your car looks like" ???????

I've always heard that *Money Can't Buy Happiness* !
But the more I hang around this Forum , it becomes quite evident , that money can't buy COUTH either !!!

Oh' well , maybe someone will come along now ,
and do the right thing , and delete all the nonsense that occurred after your post !!!

P.S. Post some pics after you install your Weathertech Deflectors !!!:)

Who are you and what have you done to the real GRVR

DP

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
This is an interesting version, looks like they attach on the roof frame instead of the doors, and offer more rain and sun protection.
Ummm , do you mind explaining how the door is supposed to open ,
if these are mounted "on the roof frame" ???

The object , is for these to hang LOWER than the top of the window opening !
If it is mounted ABOVE the window opening , then it pretty much defeats ALL of it's original purposes !

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Ummm , do you mind explaining how the door is supposed to open ,
if these are mounted "on the roof frame" ???
On most cars, while sitting in the driver's seat (if exiting), look to your left (unless your vehicle was made specifically for Australia, Caribbean Islands, Channel Islands, Cyprus Japan, Hong Kong, India, Isle of Man, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Malta, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, Thailand, or the UK; in which case you look to the right) and spot what looks like a handle of some sort. These may look like handles, paddles, levers, or loops; and may be made of plastic or metal. The opening device may not be immediately visible, as it may be tucked into the door armrest or behind a grab-handle. Wherever its location or configuration, you typically pull towards you on that handle (unless you are in a modern Corvette or a handful of other vehicles that use an electric push-button, in which case you push that button) which will open the door. If the door fails to open, check to make sure there is not some kind of locking mechanism engaged. You may also have a failure in the door-opening software (if electric) or a mechanical failure.

I trust these instructions are helpful!

·
Super Moderator
2,027 Posts
On most cars, while sitting in the driver's seat (if exiting), look to your left (unless your vehicle was made specifically for Australia, Caribbean Islands, Channel Islands, Cyprus Japan, Hong Kong, India, Isle of Man, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Malta, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, Thailand, or the UK; in which case you look to the right) and spot what looks like a handle of some sort. These may look like handles, paddles, levers, or loops; and may be made of plastic or metal. The opening device may not be immediately visible, as it may be tucked into the door armrest or behind a grab-handle. Wherever its location or configuration, you typically pull towards you on that handle (unless you are in a modern Corvette or a handful of other vehicles that use an electric push-button, in which case you push that button) which will open the door. If the door fails to open, check to make sure there is not some kind of locking mechanism engaged. You may also have a failure in the door-opening software (if electric) or a mechanical failure.

I trust these instructions are helpful!
I'm going to assume that your post was supposed to be funny or maybe you didn't understand the question as it was intended. With that said the F Pace has solid frames around all the windows which would appear to stop the door from opening without hitting the deflectors or maybe it's just the angle that the photo was taken.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
There’s the side view. 90 degree view you can’t even tell they are there. Easy install. For the folks that are interested. Those that aren’t need not reply.

How much quieter is your car after installing the dynomat?

DP

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
There’s the side view. 90 degree view you can’t even tell they are there. Easy install. For the folks that are interested. Those that aren’t need not reply.
Looks Good , Andoo !!!:)

I prefer the aftermarket ones like yours , over the OEM ones ,
because the OEM ones don't appear to go all the way down to the side mirror !!!

I prefer the Outside Frame Mounted version , but since you have the Chrome Trim around your windows ,
I think the inside channel mounted version looks better , so the Chrome Trim remains seamless looking !!!:D

I guess we are part of a *small group* that get to enjoy ALL the *BENEFITS* that these have to offer ,
while the other folks just don't seem to GET IT , or SEE IT , or UNDERSTAND IT !!!>:)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts