Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a bunch of F Pace's with black side vents (see photo below) .
Has anyone painted or powder coated theirs. If so were they painted or powder coated, which method works the best and how did they turn out? How much did it cost?
If they can't be painted or powder coated where is the best place to get the black ones on line.

Registered
I would guess that if you saw black side vents then the whole car had the "black pack" upon ordering like we did. I don't know what material that is and can't guess because we no longer have our FPace. But gut feeling is it's plastic or some sort of stamped pot metal. You can't powder coat plastic and I don't know about pot metal, I don't think so - but could be wrong on that... Painting over chrome would not be my first choice, assume you'd have to paint a chemical on there first to destroy the sheen. That leaves vinyl wrapping, but since there's the Jag name indented into the vent, I don't know what they could do about that. There's probably someone here on the forum who's done vinyl wrapping and could tell you their opinion.

My guess, is that you would just have to order the actual Jag body part and have the dealers go-to body shop stick that on there for you - for a price馃挷

Good luck sir, I really loved the black pack on our rig.

Registered
You can swap them out. Here are the part numbers you need

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks DPinTX.

Has anyone removed these? How easy are they to remove/installed. Can this be done from the outside or do you have to removed the plastic wheel arch cover to get assess to any clips, etc on the inside of the wing?

Registered
Thanks DPinTX.

Has anyone removed these? How easy are they to remove/installed. Can this be done from the outside or do you have to removed the plastic wheel arch cover to get assess to any clips, etc on the inside of the wing?
You can reach them from under the hood, there is a space above the fenders you might need a flash light

Registered
Has anyone painted or powder coated theirs. If so were they painted or powder coated, which method works the best and how did they turn out? How much did it cost?
If they can't be painted or powder coated where is the best place to get the black ones on line.
View attachment 71893
The vinyl wrap looks awesome, everyone comments how the word pops out, like on the Aviator

Registered
View attachment 71893
The vinyl wrap looks awesome, everyone comments how the word pops out, like on the Aviator

Registered
you painted the jaguar name after you had it wrapped? How do you paint just the letters?

DP

Registered
Can you do mine...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts