Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been a lurker for a few months and finally deciding to put a deposit down. Went to the dealer (Houston) and the sales guy actually told me that he wouldn't recommend the infoutainment. So any recommendations? Is it better now, after the updates? Should I just get the regular system/dash setup? Is the F Pace till worth it? THANKS

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi all, been a lurker for a few months and finally deciding to put a deposit down. Went to the dealer (Houston) and the sales guy actually told me that he wouldn't recommend the infoutainment. So any recommendations? Is it better now, after the updates? Should I just get the regular system/dash setup? Is the F Pace till worth it? THANKS
Go for the ICTP. I think the consensus is that it is much improved after the updates. It should also add to your resale value.

Beware, there will be many that disagree!! >:)

Reactions: Tackle and VZX-CO

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
If you can afford it, go for it. 2.5 fixed most direct ICTP issues. Lack of direct voice nav is an issue, offset by a whole bunch of other features and Route Planner app. Configurable dash fun too.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Definitley ICTP, I think people forget you also get the upgraded Meridian audio and the configurable instrument cluster. I had minor issues before the update, while installing the update they killed my module and had to install a new one. The new system honestly makes the car feel newer. Starts up immediately, responds so much quicker, no freezing or Satellite radio drop outs. The only thing I wish they had was voice activated navigation. I am waiting for apple CarPlay and I believe it will be a feature they add later.

The F-pace is definitely still worth it.

Reactions: Tackle

·
Registered
90 Posts
Go for the ICTP. I think the consensus is that it is much improved after the updates. It should also add to your resale value.

Beware, there will be many that disagree!! >:)
I don't. I 100% agree.
I spent the weekend at the NE Auto Show. ICTP is as good or better than what's out there. The superupdate solved nearly all of the problems folks experienced. Don't let your surprisingly uninformed salesperson steer you away.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I built mine without--trying to keep pricing in budget, plus we are not in a city/suburb, didn't think the route planning value add was there. The stereo upgrade would be nice, along with the instrument cluster. Spent my money on the adaptive suspension, roof racks, and tow. The joke in Bend is not what Subaru/SUV you drive, but how many racks you have to haul your canoe, skis, bikes, etc.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was one of the lucky ones that had very few problems with my ICTP. I would definitely include it.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
If you like what you saw with the ICTP vs the ICT, like those above, I would say go for it. With the latest software updates things are working fine and you should really have no issue. I had the same decision way back in June when I bought my F-Pace and I went with the ICTP and I'm glad I did. It was a much more risky endeavor then since the software updates had not been released, but now, I think it is an easy decision if you like the ICTP system from your test drives. I would test drive both vehicles however, make sure you like the additional features you get with the ICTP. No sense spending the money if you are perfectly happy with ICT during your test drive.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
I would add to the above spend some time sitting in vehicles with each one and play around with them. It's hard to absorb capabilities during a short test drive. If you have an ipad there is also an ICTP simulator/demo in the apps store. I think there is one for ICT as well. You can get a good feel for the pros and cons of each with those demos too.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I would add to the above spend some time sitting in vehicles with each one and play around with them. It's hard to absorb capabilities during a short test drive. If you have an ipad there is also an ICTP simulator/demo in the apps store. I think there is one for ICT as well. You can get a good feel for the pros and cons of each with those demos too.
Interesting. Do you have an iTunes link? I couldn't find anything doing a quick search from my iPhone. I think this would help my wife get used to the system.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
21 Posts
For me, ICTP looked "nice", but not "$3k nice", and I liked the look of the real gauges. Also, when I ordered, the super update wasn't out yet.

So I got the S with comfort/convenience pack, and the "regular" ICT. I should have it by the end of next week. :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
... the sales guy actually told me that he wouldn't recommend the infotainment...
My sales guy made the same recommendation (back in October when I ordered). At the time there were still issues with ICTP, the incremental cost was over $3K, and I'd seen at least one review calling out the physical buttons on the ICT unit as easier to use. Some on this forum have mentioned "low volume levels" for ICT but I sat in an F-Pace and was happy with the overall sound and volume. So I went with ICT. I doubt I'll regret it, but ymmv...

Reactions: Caymus

·
Registered
141 Posts
Recommendation

I would opt for the ICTP. Remarkable sound system and 95% of the " bugs" have been removed.

You can save by not purchasing the Lane Change indication system and the Windshield Information projection system.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts