Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just send my 2017 F-Pace S to a dealership for scheduled service.

Quoted $461 for one 20' Goodyear passenger side front tyre, my old one has a nail in it. Do I need to do wheel alignment after changing a tyre? Also, should I change a set or just 1 tyre as the F-Pace is AWD (the other tires are fine and has decent tread left).

Quoted $1200 for 1 set of rear brake rotor + pads. I was told my pads are at 4mm and the senor light would be on at 3mm. Sounds quite expensive to me...

Bought the car at Nov 2016, has 16k miles on it now. Definitely not driving enough.

I don't really know much about vehicle maintenance, and would definitely appreciate some advice on how I should proceed. I heard it's cheaper if I go to a 3rd party shop to get these fixed? Does anyone know a trustworthy shop near NYC?

Thank you so much for the advice!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
No alignment should be needed unless you hit something hard to bust the tire up. A nail should be enough for that. As for the brakes, if it is at 4mm I would have them changed. I'm not sure about the rears, but I know they swap out the rotors when the do the fronts, so while 1200 is expensive no matter, you are getting more than just the pads installed. Double check you are getting new rotors though.

Not on my 2017 when I needed back brakes and the pads were low, I simply had the pads changed out to save some money. At the time the rotors looked perfectly fine and I had no issue. I don't know if the dealership would do that, but it's worth asking. It should save you some money even though they will recommend against it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No alignment should be needed unless you hit something hard to bust the tire up. A nail should be enough for that. As for the brakes, if it is at 4mm I would have them changed. I'm not sure about the rears, but I know they swap out the rotors when the do the fronts, so while 1200 is expensive no matter, you are getting more than just the pads installed. Double check you are getting new rotors though.

Not on my 2017 when I needed back brakes and the pads were low, I simply had the pads changed out to save some money. At the time the rotors looked perfectly fine and I had no issue. I don't know if the dealership would do that, but it's worth asking. It should save you some money even though they will recommend against it.
Thank you so much!! Great tips. Looking for some mechanic shops now

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
How in the world can brakes be shot at 16k miles? I’ve got 94k on my Jeep and original brakes are still fine...

·
Registered
17 Posts
How in the world can brakes be shot at 16k miles? I’ve got 94k on my Jeep and original brakes are still fine...
The rear pads on my '17 Prestige were replaced at 30k before I bought it from a Lexus store. The explanation I've received from my JLR dealer is the rear brakes wear out more quickly because all the nannies are using them for items such as: traction control, sway control, winter mode, performance driving and the like. They also claim the rotors are usually too thin to turn. If someone drives with too much "spirit" there will be a price to pay. Likewise, the rear tires will wear out first with a lot of performance driving. They were also replaced at 30k as the reconditioned the ones I bought. Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts