Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

341 - 349 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
What dealership? You should absolutely be able to call them and ask them what's going on. I'm constantly emailing my sale guy asking him for updates and such.

Mine is due to be at the same port on Friday; i've already reached out to the dealership asking how long it will take to get from the port to them. We also recently had a BMW build and it also came through that port and then on to Berkley. It took 5 days for that to happen, and then a few days for the PDI. And that was over thanksgiving weekend.
The one in Livermore, CA. they get me the best deal in the area. My sales rep is Kelly, she is nice but i feel like if i am asking her too much questions , it's getting her cornered. the car is already in US at the moment, i can just wait, and i believe i should be able to get it within this month. Which dealership are you using? if you get any information can you share? maybe our car can sit on the same truck.......

·
Registered
46 Posts
you also need to realize how close Port of Hueneme is to the fires. Many roads in that area have been closed and the entire county has been more focused on putting out fires than they are getting new Jaguar's on the road.
Yeah that's right. hope we can get the car sooner. If i lose my patience, i will just pay one of my drivers to tow that car back for me from the port. HAHA

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yeah that's right. hope we can get the car sooner. If i lose my patience, i will just pay one of my drivers to tow that car back for me from the port. HAHA
if you lose your patience just go down to the dealer EVERY day and insist on test drives in all the F-PACE's >:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I took a look at roughly where the fires are in correlation with the Port -- pretty close actually. So that could certainly affect things.

My dealer is Walnut Creek. Don't ever be afraid of asking too many questions (though TBH, I get that feeling from time to time). But in reality, they are just questions. It doesn't take them incredibly long for them to answer or get the answers. And it is part of their job. They are still making quite a tidy profit off of us with regard to the vehicle, ESPECIALLY since they aren't really taking on any undue costs - it isn't going to be sitting on their lot (for more than a day or two). So continue to ask. I plan to for the next week.

My sales guy (Peter Hau -- great guy! easy to work with!) let me know that typical transport time from the port to up here is 7-10 days, with the norm being 7 days. I am really hoping it's a bit quicker because we're taking off for a road trip on the 24th; and that would only leave them 2 days for PDI (if needed). It's a bit of a stress with us because we're not sure if we need to find another car to take (we need something larger than what we have now) or not.

Next weekend, I'm gonna go down to the dealer and take another F-Pace for a drive. Just because. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you lose your patience just go down to the dealer EVERY day and insist on test drives in all the F-PACE's >:)
Good idea. however dealership is 50 miles away from me.... can't do that everyday, but sure i can bother them from time to time

·
Registered
46 Posts
I took a look at roughly where the fires are in correlation with the Port -- pretty close actually. So that could certainly affect things.

My dealer is Walnut Creek. Don't ever be afraid of asking too many questions (though TBH, I get that feeling from time to time). But in reality, they are just questions. It doesn't take them incredibly long for them to answer or get the answers. And it is part of their job. They are still making quite a tidy profit off of us with regard to the vehicle, ESPECIALLY since they aren't really taking on any undue costs - it isn't going to be sitting on their lot (for more than a day or two). So continue to ask. I plan to for the next week.

My sales guy (Peter Hau -- great guy! easy to work with!) let me know that typical transport time from the port to up here is 7-10 days, with the norm being 7 days. I am really hoping it's a bit quicker because we're taking off for a road trip on the 24th; and that would only leave them 2 days for PDI (if needed). It's a bit of a stress with us because we're not sure if we need to find another car to take (we need something larger than what we have now) or not.

Next weekend, I'm gonna go down to the dealer and take another F-Pace for a drive. Just because. :)
thanks for the tip! i will ask them sometime next week if i don't get any calls this week from them.
in Fact, i dealt with Peter before i went to Livermore. to me he is nice but i get a feeling that he doesn't really want to set down a deal with me. Glad you worked out with them.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
when I was a kid my dad worked at the Port of Hueneme and I spent many days running around the cars in the exact spot his F-PACE is sitting and have spent my entire life in and around the areas of the fires so I know EXACTLY how close they are but more important is the roads the truck needs to take all the ways in and out of the area have been closed due to fires at some point in the last week. I would rather have my new F-PACE sitting in a Port an extra week or two than on a highway that is overcome with flames and smoke

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have friends who ordered and F-Pace. I told them about this site and how to track their order. They said that they got their vin# over two weeks ago. They used the method that I found here to try and track their car. They said that their vin# is not found when entered into the W&W search. Does Jaguar use other companies for shipping from their plant?
I don't know their exact build date. They said the second week in April. The only things I know about Jaguar shipping, I read here. Is it normal for the vin# not to show up in two weeks?
Doesn't know whether they ship and track. I generally ship car (new, old) using citizenshipper service. The benefit is that i can also track my car easily. They have network of veteran vehicle shippers – each one extensively background-checked You can list your shipment for free, then compare the quotes as they come in.
Here is some more than tips :-
Check if there is any leaks or not
Properly check your tire pressure
Remove most of your custom accessories
Lock the car

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
Doesn't know whether they ship and track. I generally ship car (new, old) using citizenshipper service. The benefit is that i can also track my car easily. They have network of veteran vehicle shippers – each one extensively background-checked You can list your shipment for free, then compare the quotes as they come in.
Here is some more than tips :-
Check if there is any leaks or not
Properly check your tire pressure
Remove most of your custom accessories
Lock the car
This thread is about shipping brand new Jaguars from the factory in England around the world, not car carriers.

341 - 349 of 349 Posts