Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

321 - 340 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Unless it's damaged during transport, like mine was - and then you wait and wait and wait ... it was worth it, though!

·
Registered
268 Posts
oooo please no damage i herd parts are impossible to get takes months to get a fender etc. i will freak out. can the dent doctor work his magic on alum panels? just in case

·
Registered
341 Posts
oooo please no damage i herd parts are impossible to get takes months to get a fender etc. i will freak out. can the dent doctor work his magic on alum panels? just in case
I guess it depends on the damage. Mine arrived in Baltimore, where JLR apparently has a very large port presence with its own repair shop and whatever. I had front bumper damage - to what extent, I don't know - and they held the car an extra 6 weeks, I think. It did feel like a lifetime, at that point! :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
It took 4 weeks for mine to get from the port to the dealer.

Don't know how long it was on the truck as I was never given that info.

I think part of it depends on what else is headed in your direction so that the truck is full leaving port.

Kerry

·
Registered
268 Posts
Their were only 190 cars on the ship so they were not packed in their too bad. Cause the voyage before had over 400 cars so lets hope no damage..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Their were only 190 cars on the ship so they were not packed in their too bad. Cause the voyage before had over 400 cars so lets hope no damage..
I think the ship was indeed full. My ordered f pace is also on the Don Quixote. My friend and I ordered cars at the same time from the same dealer, my car is on the ship and hers is not. It arrived at the port a few days after mine, but still several days before the ship was scheduled to depart. Hers showed booked on the ship until it departed and then hers changed to another ship. Unfortunately she will be receiving her car about 2 weeks later than me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
thats not my ship mine is on the THEMIS its in NY right now & due in GA on 7-31

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last year, when I bought my new Jaguar F-pace, my dealership handled all the title and registration process, and for my car delivery to another dealership at my local area I had arranged my own car shipping services by We Will Transport It, because the dealer said that they will take two weeks at least. That is I had hired my own auto shipping California transporters by visiting at their official site, where they had transported my car within a few days at an affordable price.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
How long did all y'all have VIN before it showed up on ship tracker?

·
Registered
268 Posts
it must be delivered to the port & checked in before the vin will work on the on the ship tracking i got my vin before the car was built & it took about 2-1/2 weeks to get built & to the ship

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all

I just got my Vin # but can't find anything on the tracking website. Dealership is telling me that the ETA has been pushed from 12/15-12/27 and i ordered it on late September. Does anybody why the tracking website shows nothing?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hi all

I just got my Vin # but can't find anything on the tracking website. Dealership is telling me that the ETA has been pushed from 12/15-12/27 and i ordered it on late September. Does anybody why the tracking website shows nothing?

Thanks a lot!
It may not be on a ship yet. Until then it just comes up with nothing. Might be a different company too...Cat Lady had that happen to her new FP when she was tracking it.

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi all

Thanks a lot!
When was the "Build Date" stated as on your Order Details sheet?

·
Registered
46 Posts
It may not be on a ship yet. Until then it just comes up with nothing. Might be a different company too...Cat Lady had that happen to her new FP when she was tracking it.
My sales rep gave me the wrong Vin at the first place.... now with the new Vin# i see my FP is already in port Hueneme,CA on 12/9. hopefully i will get it soon. However the dealership pushed the ETA to 12/27 from 12/15. it doesn't make too much sense to me since the car is already on US soil.... I know i live bay area(about 300 miles away) but that doesn't take 2-3 weeks to get a car delivered.

·
Registered
46 Posts
When was the "Build Date" stated as on your Order Details sheet?
My dealership didn't gave me any of that info. i was only given a "Delivery Date" 12/15, and now they pushed it to 12/27. But my FP is already in Port Hueneme on 12/9!

·
Registered
191 Posts
My dealership didn't gave me any of that info. i was only given a "Delivery Date" 12/15, and now they pushed it to 12/27. But my FP is already in Port Hueneme on 12/9!
What dealership? You should absolutely be able to call them and ask them what's going on. I'm constantly emailing my sale guy asking him for updates and such.

Mine is due to be at the same port on Friday; i've already reached out to the dealership asking how long it will take to get from the port to them. We also recently had a BMW build and it also came through that port and then on to Berkley. It took 5 days for that to happen, and then a few days for the PDI. And that was over thanksgiving weekend.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
My sales rep gave me the wrong Vin at the first place.... now with the new Vin# i see my FP is already in port Hueneme,CA on 12/9. hopefully i will get it soon. However the dealership pushed the ETA to 12/27 from 12/15. it doesn't make too much sense to me since the car is already on US soil.... I know i live bay area(about 300 miles away) but that doesn't take 2-3 weeks to get a car delivered.
mine arrived in Long Beach on Nov. 17th and sat there for over 2 weeks when it finally arrived at dealer on Dec. 4th with a day for PDI etc, I got the call it was ready for me on the 5th

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
you also need to realize how close Port of Hueneme is to the fires. Many roads in that area have been closed and the entire county has been more focused on putting out fires than they are getting new Jaguar's on the road.

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
197 Posts
My FPace was delayed a few days in Baltimore for some type of software upgrade, according to my sales rep. It landed on 11/24 according to the shipping website and didn't get put on a truck until 12/7.

321 - 340 of 349 Posts