Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

301 - 320 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
My F-Pace just unloaded in Baltimore

Hi guys! New member here. I ordered an F-Pace back in early January and it's finally arrived in the USA. I've been tracking the ship from England, and it was apparently unloaded in Baltimore this morning. I'm in Boston, so how long should I expect to wait before I get the call from my dealer to pick it up?

·
Registered
522 Posts
That seems incredibly quick...less than 2 months to be built aND in the States. I can't answer your question but others probably can.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi guys! New member here. I ordered an F-Pace back in early January and it's finally arrived in the USA. I've been tracking the ship from England, and it was apparently unloaded in Baltimore this morning. I'm in Boston, so how long should I expect to wait before I get the call from my dealer to pick it up?
My car was on the same ship.

From my dealer:

A few days after your car arrives in port your vehicle will be shipped to your dealer. When shipped the dealer will be invoiced for your vehicle. According to my dealer the invoicing process will also cause your vehicle to show up on your dealers website. When you see your vehicle on the website you will know it is on the way. Being so close to Baltimore I am sure your vehicle will arrive the day after it was shipped. Once the vehicle has arrived the dealer will go through the PDI process. After that is completed your vehicle is ready for delivery.

A few months back the PDI process took several days as numerous service bulletins had to be tended to. The biggest pain in the rear for the dealer was a cross brace or bracket repair in the back that was causing creaking. The entire back of the car had to be pulled out. Since the vast majority of vehicles arriving now have already had the service bulletins tended to your dealer should be able to PDI your car in one day.

Good Luck...As you can see I already have one FP and am waiting for number 2. You will find out it is well worth the wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My car was on the same ship.

From my dealer:

A few days after your car arrives in port your vehicle will be shipped to your dealer. When shipped the dealer will be invoiced for your vehicle. According to my dealer the invoicing process will also cause your vehicle to show up on your dealers website. When you see your vehicle on the website you will know it is on the way. Being so close to Baltimore I am sure your vehicle will arrive the day after it was shipped. Once the vehicle has arrived the dealer will go through the PDI process. After that is completed your vehicle is ready for delivery.

A few months back the PDI process took several days as numerous service bulletins had to be tended to. The biggest pain in the rear for the dealer was a cross brace or bracket repair in the back that was causing creaking. The entire back of the car had to be pulled out. Since the vast majority of vehicles arriving now have already had the service bulletins tended to your dealer should be able to PDI your car in one day.

Good Luck...As you can see I already have one FP and am waiting for number 2. You will find out it is well worth the wait.
Awesome. Thanks for the very helpful information. The expected delivery date according to my vista is early March but I'm hopeful it'll be moved up to late Feb. We shall see.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I live near Boston, too.
My pace sat in Baltimore for three weeks; they had to wait
for a full truck load.
It didn't show up on dealers inventory until three days
after it arrived.
So no hard and fast rule.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine arrived 4/19 at the Baltimore Port. As of today still no delivery to my dealer. They are hoping it's on tomorrows delivery truck. I'm almost at the point that I'll drive out there myself and get it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Took mine 3 weeks. :( (Longest 3 weeks in my life.) ;)

I think it just depends on how many cars are heading to the dealership. They probably wait until they have at least a few to put on a truck, if not try to fill up a whole truck.

Kerry

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have also tracked my VIN to Baltimore. The ship arrived 6-8. I have a question for you experienced website watchers.
The W&W site shows "DISCHARGED 6-9" and "LINER RELEASE 6-9". Not sure what these mean. Does this mean discharged and released from the ship and turned over to the port? If so, then I guess it will sit until the 25T certification is done. :confused:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have also tracked my VIN to Baltimore. The ship arrived 6-8. I have a question for you experienced website watchers.
The W&W site shows "DISCHARGED 6-9" and "LINER RELEASE 6-9". Not sure what these mean. Does this mean discharged and released from the ship and turned over to the port? If so, then I guess it will sit until the 25T certification is done. :confused:
I think so. There are a lot of cars and I think they get dropped right at Jag's port prep operation. Mine turned around in three days in March on a West Coast port, but it probably depends on how much work they have to do on all of the vehicles. I've heard that it may include some updates and parts installation.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Saw a truckload of F-Paces heading down I-70W in Howard County, MD (i.e., heading away from Baltimore) a week or so ago. I know this post doesn't necessarily answer anyone's questions; but I felt all giddy when I saw it driving by and needed to tell the world about it. :D

Reactions: MTGRL and GRVR

·
Registered
268 Posts
transport time

so when your jag gets off the boat at the port how long does it take for it to make its way to the dealership? ours is about 300 miles away. also what about the pdi time dealer said it takes 2 weeks ??? sounds long. every other car i have bought ( over30) of them have been ready in 1-2 days.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
so when your jag gets off the boat at the port how long does it take for it to make its way to the dealership? ours is about 300 miles away. also what about the pdi time dealer said it takes 2 weeks ??? sounds long. every other car i have bought ( over30) of them have been ready in 1-2 days.

Depends on how many stops it makes in between. Mine was loaded on the truck on a Tuesday morning and didn't get to the dealership until Saturday midday. So, about 5 days to go 1100 miles. In theory, since it's only 300 miles for you it should be faster. My PDI was done in a day and a half.....but my dealership was motivated, LOL. Two weeks does seem excessive.

·
F Pace Expert
2,531 Posts
you sure you didn't misunderstand? two weeks seems a safe side estimate for transport AND PDI. PDI as noted is about a day and a half provided there is no new major item that's been found by Jaguar since manufacture that generates a "hold from delivery until fixed" (unlikely). Also, if your dealer gets a batch of vehicles they all have to be PDI'd so that can add time. Mine was about ten days CA port to Denver and received it a couple of days after that.

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
174 Posts
Good things ...should I say Great things come to those who waits....you will be so happy that you waited. Let dealer complete all the updates and follow the list as in the pre-delivery inspection

Reactions: NewToCats

·
F Pace Expert
2,531 Posts
....and don't forget the pre-delivery letter, some laugh, many greatly appreciate having used it, some who don't end up on here with setup questions that would have been fixed ahead of delivery by dealer if they used the letter.....

·
Registered
268 Posts
no the dealer clearly said 2 weeks to pdi because they are busy. they had no est. on how long it would take to be transported 300 miles you would think they would get a sold car done before their dealer stock cars.

·
Registered
268 Posts
my gmc truck took 12 days on a train from mexico to florida then about 4 hours for pdi & 1/2 a$$ detail

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine arrives in CA Aug 18. Dealer said two weeks at least. I leave for vacation Sept 1. Guess I'll have something to look forward to when I get back!

301 - 320 of 349 Posts