Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have friends who ordered and F-Pace. I told them about this site and how to track their order. They said that they got their vin# over two weeks ago. They used the method that I found here to try and track their car. They said that their vin# is not found when entered into the W&W search. Does Jaguar use other companies for shipping from their plant?

I don't know their exact build date. They said the second week in April. The only things I know about Jaguar shipping, I read here. Is it normal for the vin# not to show up in two weeks?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Its kind of cool to waste your time with, but tracking cars has proved to be worthless here thus far. Obviously Jaguar is holding cars, whether at the port or somewhere else, until a date that they haven't to my knowledge publicly revealed. It appears to me they're aiming for a just in time delivery to dealers perhaps a few days before whatever date is their allowable date of first sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. I have my VIN but it's not showing up in the search. My bigger question is what is the difference between "At Retailer", "Retailed", and "Accepted Handover". My build date was 04/29 and I have the VIN. My Accepted Handover is 05/20, the At Retailer date is 07/01, and the Retailed date is 07/06. My sales rep who has been pretty great is telling me that I should be able to get it on 07/01.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. I have my VIN but it's not showing up in the search. My bigger question is what is the difference between "At Retailer", "Retailed", and "Accepted Handover". My build date was 04/29 and I have the VIN. My Accepted Handover is 05/20, the At Retailer date is 07/01, and the Retailed date is 07/06. My sales rep who has been pretty great is telling me that I should be able to get it on 07/01.
I believe the "Build Date" is when the build is started...not completed. I'm not sure exactly where in the build process it gets the VIN, though I would assume in the beginning since it relates to engine codes, etc.

So...it may not even be out of the factory yet. After that, they have to take it to the port. The "tracking" via the link is only for the shipping on the boat, port-to-port. It doesn't include the "At Retailer" etc. That is only within Jaguar's internal system.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its kind of cool to waste your time with, but tracking cars has proved to be worthless here thus far. Obviously Jaguar is holding cars, whether at the port or somewhere else, until a date that they haven't to my knowledge publicly revealed. It appears to me they're aiming for a just in time delivery to dealers perhaps a few days before whatever date is their allowable date of first sale.
Not worthless! It is fun to track your car across the Atlantic. Like I said in the post above, I'm pretty sure that tracking website is only for the shipping from port-to-port. I don't believe the delivery to dealer is included. So yes, you don't get the full story, but having something is better than nothing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my f-pace on the jaguar site a few weeks back, apparently something didn't take so when I went into the dealer, I had to reserve it again. No one gave me a vista # or a printout. When I called yesterday asking for one, the salesperson said that it doesn't really make sense for me to have as I don't have access to the internal jaguar system to track it.

How is everyone getting access to their build dates, VIN #'s, delivery dates...etc? I have been told that my f-pace will be at the dealer for pick up on 7/26. It would be fun to track it though. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
I ordered my f-pace on the jaguar site a few weeks back, apparently something didn't take so when I went into the dealer, I had to reserve it again. No one gave me a vista # or a printout. When I called yesterday asking for one, the salesperson said that it doesn't really make sense for me to have as I don't have access to the internal jaguar system to track it.

How is everyone getting access to their build dates, VIN #'s, delivery dates...etc? I have been told that my f-pace will be at the dealer for pick up on 7/26. It would be fun to track it though. thanks.
If you have reserved your vehicle there should be a Vista order # assigned to you car. Once you have the Vista order which the dealer should be able to give you then it is just a matter of time. One of the dates will be the build week which is the week ending xx/xx/xxxx. When the vehicle is built you can ask the dealer for the VIN number then you can track it once it gets to the port in Southampton. Depending on where you live the first port in the US is Baltimore, then through the Panama Canal and onto CA. Depending on the number of vehicles on the ship and where there final destination is will change the POE.

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
It normally takes about 3-4 days to get to the port. Once it is there it gets loaded onto a ship. If you are on the East coast it is about 10-12 days to Baltimore or about 21 days to CA. Once there it gets loaded onto a carrier truck and once full the truck takes off for the dealers. Once they are at the dealers it sounds like it takes about a week for them to deliver it to you. Your dates sound a little mixed up. Handover is the date (on or about) that you take delivery. It would be great to know what country or state you are in.

My vehicle is due into Baltimore on the 12th and I'm due to take delivery in NJ on about 5/27. Does that help??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you may be right about the holding. My friends got an update after I started this thread. Their F-Pace was actually built the first week in April. He said that all they know is that it is finished. They haven't been able to track it or get more info on the arrival date.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Like Sethyt, I had not trouble tracking my F-Pace once it was built in March. With my VIN, I pulled up the name of the boat (about a week after build completion), loading date on the boat, and ETA to Port of Baltimore. About 10 days later I could see the position of the boat in a satellite shot as it made its way up the US coast to Baltimore. I was able to track it when it actually arrived at Port of Baltimore and when it went through customs. My F-Pace has been in Baltimore on dry land for 3.5 weeks. I'm waiting.

You should be able to track your F-Pace once it is inventoried in England at Southhampton docks. That should bring up the name of the ship.

Here is information that I received by tracking:

DELIVERED FROM BALTIMORE, MD 12-04-2016 10:16:20 1
LINER RELEASE BALTIMORE, MD 12-04-2016 08:13:51
DISCHARGED BALTIMORE, MD 11-04-2016 08:02:00 1
CUSTOMS RELEASE WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ 08-04-2016 00:00:00
LOADED ON VESSEL SOUTHAMPTON 01-04-2016 16:07:00 1
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 31-03-2016 08:48:00 1
BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 31-03-2016 08:46:00 1

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
Based on what I have read, it would seem that they are waiting for the reveal parties scheduled for later this month at the dealerships abound May 24-25. Does that sound reasonable? BTW they have already started to deliver FP's in the UK.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Based on what I have read, it would seem that they are waiting for the reveal parties scheduled for later this month at the dealerships abound May 24-25. Does that sound reasonable? BTW they have already started to deliver FP's in the UK.
I think the launch parties were scheduled around when Jaguar told them they'd get cars and could start selling them.

Wouldn't be surprised if dealers are allowed to sell First Editions a week or two before any other model too, regardless of arrival into the US. I mean, it is called a first edition, right?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I think the launch parties were scheduled around when Jaguar told them they'd get cars and could start selling them.

Wouldn't be surprised if dealers are allowed to sell First Editions a week or two before any other model too, regardless of arrival into the US. I mean, it is called a first edition, right?
There are only 275 of those allocated for the United States and 99% have been sold. There won't be anymore.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Got this from my dealer today
Interesting in what they consider "shipping". Does this mean they finally released all the cars from whatever depot they've been held at to head to dealers? Or are they using the term "shipping" to mean began first sales/deliveries--the same way a lot of products use the phrase shipping.

1 - 20 of 349 Posts