Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I searched through the forum but didn't see anything on this particular topic. In our ICTP units under Audio settings there are various audio modes including Stereo, Meridian, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS.

What settings are you guys using to get the best possible sound from your system? Do you change settings based on source or is there one setting that works best across them all. If you can, post some screenshots of your audio settings so we can figure out what people like and what sounds best.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I searched through the forum but didn't see anything on this particular topic. In our ICTP units under Audio settings there are various audio modes including Stereo, Meridian, Dolby Pro Logic and DTS.

What settings are you guys using to get the best possible sound from your system? Do you change settings based on source or is there one setting that works best across them all. If you can, post some screenshots of your audio settings so we can figure out what people like and what sounds best.
Meridian is the best choice in my opinion. Stereo is good for an all encompassing type sound but gives very little bass and the volume has to be turned up very loudly for it to sound good. I stick with Meridian +4 on sub and bass and -1 on treble. (I believe those are the three choices you can make changes to).

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Hey Everyone,

It's not just the audio mode. Using your finger and move the center of sound projection around the vehicle. I have mine slightly closer to the rear seats than the front seats, and centered.

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
The higher up the audio food chain you go, the more important the source material becomes. The Meridian units in the FP are pretty high up that chain. Accordingly, uncompressed audio files (like wav files) fed through the USB port are going to sound great. Once you have a quality source like that, you can then adjust the audio settings to your taste. While the settings that work for me may not be to someone else's taste, there is no denying you will hear an improvement once you feed the audio system uncompressed files.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The higher up the audio food chain you go, the more important the source material becomes. The Meridian units in the FP are pretty high up that chain. Accordingly, uncompressed audio files (like wav files) fed through the USB port are going to sound great. Once you have a quality source like that, you can then adjust the audio settings to your taste. While the settings that work for me may not be to someone else's taste, there is no denying you will hear an improvement once you feed the audio system uncompressed files.
I totally agree. I have heard a big difference in sound quality just between listening to Sirius and listening to Spotify with the Extreme setting. Using Spotify as a source with the 320Kbs setting really improves the sound and brings the Meridian setting on the system to life. I know there are higher resolution sources that would make the system even better but it becomes a little confusing on which direction to go.

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's not just the audio mode. Using your finger and move the center of sound projection around the vehicle. I have mine slightly closer to the rear seats than the front seats, and centered.
I also use the Meridian mode with the center of sound in the same position.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone tries Tidal? It seems to be the only true HD lossless streaming service with offline mode. The $25/mo seems steep.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Has anyone tries Tidal? It seems to be the only true HD lossless streaming service with offline mode. The $25/mo seems steep.
Tried the free trial, didn't like it at all. I stick with apple music as it is extremely convenient if you own an iPhone, you can save all songs to the device so you don't need wifi or data to play them. Also way less expensive, 25$ a month is insane.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm going to post something in a week or less that some people may like. I'm going to do a bit of in depth review on the audio system as well as generate some impulse response files you guys can use to process your audio files for a better sound. I started a little bit of it today but it started snowing again this afternoon.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm going to post something in a week or less that some people may like. I'm going to do a bit of in depth review on the audio system as well as generate some impulse response files you guys can use to process your audio files for a better sound. I started a little bit of it today but it started snowing again this afternoon.
Sounds good. I would like to give it a try.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have mixed feelings about the sound quality of the Meridian 825w system. In my opinion its a bit muddy and the imaging is poorly defined. The car manufactures keep adding more and more speakers to claim there system is better than the other guys but more is not always better.

My VW has the premium 10 speaker Dynaudio sound system and in my opinion sounds way better than the Meridan. The Sound is clean, more defined and well balanced. While the FP may have 16, I doubt the speakers used are top of the line. However I do know that Dynaudio drivers are among the best in the world.

Unfortunately I believe the Meridian system suffers from to many speakers which can lead to phase issues and cancelation inside the cabin.

Also while the FP has a decent interior, it like many newer cars suffers from thiner, cheaper and lighter materials. Vibrating plastic trim and door panels can resonate adding unwanted sound to the mix. Have to say that the interior on VW Touareg is more heavy duty than most, very little door panel vibration even with music cranked way up!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have been playing with the Tidal app/service for a few days now. Initially I don't like the app too much, I find it pretty confusing and not the easiest app to navigate. I too believe that the high quality lossless audio that they stream is pretty **** good and it makes listening to the Meridian System night and day.

The price is really high, so I doubt I will keep it beyond the 30 free trial. It does really show me that I need to take better care in the type of source audio I am using if I want to have good results. Now I have to figure out if there is a competitor to Tidal for a more reasonable price, although the ability to have my entire library downloaded and available on all of my devices in true FLAC Lossless is pretty nice.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have been playing with the Tidal app/service for a few days now. Initially I don't like the app too much, I find it pretty confusing and not the easiest app to navigate. I too believe that the high quality lossless audio that they stream is pretty **** good and it makes listening to the Meridian System night and day.

The price is really high, so I doubt I will keep it beyond the 30 free trial. It does really show me that I need to take better care in the type of source audio I am using if I want to have good results. Now I have to figure out if there is a competitor to Tidal for a more reasonable price, although the ability to have my entire library downloaded and available on all of my devices in true FLAC Lossless is pretty nice.
Does Tidal have a large music selection?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
After the first 2k miles in Meredian, I've found I like the more wider spread sound of the simple Stereo setting. Pull the Fader back just a tad towards the rear. Leave the base in the middle or perhaps a negative 1 bar, 3 to 4 bars up on the Treble and about 5 to 6 bars upon the Sub. Running the base a little lighter seems to make the base sound tighter to me on the more heavy base songs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts