Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until now I have been taking my 2017 F Pace S to the dealer for servicing. Due for annual service shortly. Recommendations of non dealer shops that specialize in and around the GTA at non dealer prices would be welcome.
Westminister Motors is shop on Chestwood Dirve (Dufferin/Finch) which is not to far from me that picks up and delivers the vehicle. Berkshire Motors, on Green Lane (Yonge/Steeles) is another one.
I might try either of them or any other shop that is recommended. Any comments on Westminister or Berkshire.

·
Registered
1967 Massey Ferguson 165
99 Posts
This is what local car clubs are for. You spend around $CAD100K on a car and then don't join a local car club for $CAD100? You will be surprised at the amount of info that can be obtained from your local club.

Other than Toronto members, how do you expect the rest of us on the WWW to recommend a shop? I can recommend a good indie in Brisbane! I supply the oil and filters and he performs a service for $AUD100-$200 depending upon whether it is a minor or major service . Been using him for all of my Jaguars for twelve years. The Jaguar dealer charges a lot more.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what local car clubs are for. You spend around $CAD100K on a car and then don't join a local car club for $CAD100? You will be surprised at the amount of info that can be obtained from your local club.

Other than Toronto members, how do you expect the rest of us on the WWW to recommend a shop? I can recommend a good indie in Brisbane! I supply the oil and filters and he performs a service for $AUD100-$200 depending upon whether it is a minor or major service . Been using him for all of my Jaguars for twelve years. The Jaguar dealer charges a lot more.
Maybe you should confine your reading to forums in Brisbane. I posted in the Eastern Canada forum which if you don't know and obviously don't includes Toronto. You might want to get out a world map and teach yourself some geography. A subject that you apparently failed in school. As for seeking information about servicing in this forum that is no different than any other inquiry a member makes about their F Pace. As for you supplying the oil and filters for a luxury car, that is just plain cheap! The bottom line is pour yourself a good scotch with all the money you saved on supplying your own oil and filters and cool it!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Maybe you should confine your reading to forums in Brisbane. I posted in the Eastern Canada forum which if you don't know and obviously don't includes Toronto. You might want to get out a world map and teach yourself some geography. A subject that you apparently failed in school. As for seeking information about servicing in this forum that is no different than any other inquiry a member makes about their F Pace. As for you supplying the oil and filters for a luxury car, that is just plain cheap! The bottom line is pour yourself a good scotch with all the money you saved on supplying your own oil and filters and cool it!
You forgot to thank Stu for his insight and additional information for those near him.

Reactions: Stu

·
Registered
1967 Massey Ferguson 165
99 Posts
I have taken your advice and had a good Scotch (The Glenlivet). Actually, I've had two before replying. Fifty some years ago I spent my summers in Belle River, Ontario so I have a good idea of where Toronto is. It has always been one of my favourite cities. Approximately three hours ENE on the Queen's Highway (401) from Belle River.

All I am saying is, you will have a better chance of finding a good independent mechanic through a local club such as the Jaguar Club of Ontario (Ontario Jaguar Owners Association -).

I do not consider supplying my own oil and filters as being cheap. The reason being is that I am assured that the correct oil and filters are being used. Something you needn't worry about when taking your F Pace to a JLR dealer. I do not want bulk 10w40 used in my car when it calls for 5w30.

Stu

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[Q
I have taken your advice and had a good Scotch (The Glenlivet). Actually, I've had two before replying. Fifty some years ago I spent my summers in Belle River, Ontario so I have a good idea of where Toronto is. It has always been one of my favourite cities. Approximately three hours ENE on the Queen's Highway (401) from Belle River.

All I am saying is, you will have a better chance of finding a good independent mechanic through a local club such as the Jaguar Club of Ontario (Ontario Jaguar Owners Association -).

I do not consider supplying my own oil and filters as being cheap. The reason being is that I am assured that the correct oil and filters are being used. Something you needn't worry about when taking your F Pace to a JLR dealer. I do not want bulk 10w40 used in my car when it calls for 5w30.

Stu
I prefer a peaty scotch from Islay, like Dun Bheagon Islay.
By surfing the net, I found two shops that only service Jaguar and Land Rover not far from my house. Westminster Motors and Berkshire Motors. Westminster Motors also services Bentley and is closest and provided a written quote within 15 minutes of my call, at about half the cost of servicing, at the dealer.
A less expensive alternative is going to a shop that services all makes of European vehicles and advertises that includes Jaguar and Land Rover. I prefer to go to a shop that only services Jaguar and Land Rover. Westminster knew what was the required service items while the other shop advised me that they do not service Jaguars and Land Rovers that often and asked me what needed doing. Not a confidence builder.
If anybody in The GTA can advise me about the service at both Westminster and Berkshire, it would be welcome.
Another concern that alleviates supplying, your own oil and filter is that it is highly doubtful that Westminster or Berkshire would not install the correct oil and a quality filter. In any case, you can ask them what they are using. There has to be some trust that would you are told is what they are doing.
Another shop is called the Cats Cradle but no web site and they seem to move around. Also the phone seems to be off the hook. Not a good sign!
UOTE="torontoadvocate, post: 727893, member: 1234"]
what
[/QUOTE]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts