Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I was told in May at my 2nd annual service, that the Winter Wiper Mode was definitely not available. And that's after asking the dealer to doublecheck because it was mentioned on this site that it was 'hidden' in the menu. Nada. So what's the concensus; is it available, or not?
FYI... I continued to ask for Winter Wipe Mode in MY18 F-PACE and am happy to report I finally got it at my 2nd annual service last week

Reactions: mkauffm and VZX-CO

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts
FYI... I continued to ask for Winter Wipe Mode in MY18 F-PACE and am happy to report I finally got it at my 2nd annual service last week
It’s amazing what can happen, when you get a good dealer and tech that’s not lazy.

DP

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
It’s amazing what can happen, when you get a good dealer and tech that’s not lazy.

DP
It's also amazing what can happen when you know your facts.
Please do not assume that you no anything about my dealer/tech
My SA is top notch and the farthest thing from lazy

Reactions: ExOz

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts
It's also amazing what can happen when you know your facts.
Please do not assume that you no anything about my dealer/tech
My SA is top notch and the farthest thing from lazy
I’m not say your SA was lazy, it’s usually the tech, they should have done this when you got your car 2 years ago. What changed ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
All, trying to get confirmation of what's possible with my FPace in Canada. I believe they just updated my 2018 FPace to the new software.

There is currently no Winter Wiper mode. The dealer says it's not possible. Any facts to the contrary that folks have?

·
Registered
20 Posts
All, trying to get confirmation of what's possible with my FPace in Canada. I believe they just updated my 2018 FPace to the new software.

There is currently no Winter Wiper mode. The dealer says it's not possible. Any facts to the contrary that folks have?
I have a 2017 F-Pace and the winter park mode was added at the dealership via software CCF file on June 2017. I was told the same originally that it couldn't be done but the local dealership talked to the NA rep and they got a new as built file.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

I was told this by JLR repeatedly but I kept fighting and was finally successful 2 months ago. It has to be enabled in "Service Functions" by dealership. Good Luck
I have a 2017 F-Pace and the winter park mode was added at the dealership via software CCF file on June 2017. I was told the same originally that it couldn't be done but the local dealership talked to the NA rep and they got a new as built file.
My SA tried to get a built file from JLR in 2018 and was told no. I called JLR and they told me I could not have it.
Fast Forward December 2019 annual service at the top of my list of issues was Winter Park Mode and now I have it :giggle:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Rsher and Cat Lady!

What dealers ?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Remedied. Not sure what they did, but they got the winter wiper option. Now I can keep these blades from freezing.

no charge after I expressed my disappointment in $180 to get a feature that makes the car usable in Canada.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Remedied. Not sure what they did, but they got the winter wiper option. Now I can keep these blades from freezing.

no charge after I expressed my disappointment in $180 to get a feature that makes the car usable in Canada.
Good for you!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts

Yeah unfortunately most dealers will just say it’s not possible if they are unsure of something.

My dealer didn’t give me a ton of push back but I did have to be prepared with info. They told me they couldn’t find that option to enable originally. Awhile back someone had posted up general instructions for the path to enable it. I provided that to me dealer and they found it. It wasn’t in the exact path but it was close enough to where they could find it. Took them 10 min tops.

Glad you got it sorted out!

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts
It easy to do, the tech just needs to make the item active when they plug in the computer to the car. Here is a screen shot. Like I have said before lazy techs or lack of customer service on the dealership side. Or lack of proper training. It literally it’s a mouse click on a button.

DP

Reactions: FirstAscent

·
Registered
'17 F-Pace First Edition
39 Posts
Anyone in the Greater Vancouver, BC that was able to get the dealer to "enable" the Heated wiper park on their early production 17' F-Pace?

I read earlier even a June/2016 production F-Pace was able to get this activated.

My is an early production (Mar-2016) 17 F-Pace First Edition which somehow the owner or the production did not included the "heated windshield" (I know it is unrelated to the wiper park). I hope my SA will not give me bs or won't update the built file in order to enable this.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts
Anyone in the Greater Vancouver, BC that was able to get the dealer to "enable" the Heated wiper park on their early production 17' F-Pace?

I read earlier even a June/2016 production F-Pace was able to get this activated.

My is an early production (Mar-2016) 17 F-Pace First Edition which somehow the owner or the production did not included the "heated windshield" (I know it is unrelated to the wiper park). I hope my SA will not give me bs or won't update the built file in order to enable this.
This is the same as Winter Wiper Park send me your vin and I will look up your build sheet and it’s a simple check mark in the SDD to add it to your menu to select.

DP

·
Registered
'17 F-Pace First Edition
39 Posts
Hey DP, Wow, you are fully a wealth of knowledge! Here is my VIN: 2017 F-Pace First Edition (SADCP2BV8HA051527.

It would be awesome if you can check if it has the "Winter Wiper Park", "Wash on Up", and "Lazy Entry" on my built sheet.

Thank You!
Pat

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts
Hey DP, Wow, you are fully a wealth of knowledge! Here is my VIN: 2017 F-Pace First Edition (SADCP2BV8HA051527.

It would be awesome if you can check if it has the "Winter Wiper Park", "Wash on Up", and "Lazy Entry" on my built sheet.

Thank You!
Pat
I was gonna run it to see if the car was ordered with a heated windshield you would think that in Canada it would be a necessity, the the items you listed are not part of the built that’s part of the customer config file there a few options that the dealer can check off. The lazy entry is something that was in the 2017 SDD however when check here in the US it really did not work.

DP

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts

Thank You!
Pat
Check your messages on this site.
here is the windshield Less meqns

• LESS HEATED FRONT WINDSCREEN
  • LESS HEATED WASHER JETS
But you do have the activity Key. The wrist band key, was not sure if you knew that or if you got that key when you purchased the car

DP

·
Registered
'17 F-Pace First Edition
39 Posts
Check your messages on this site.
here is the windshield Less meqns

• LESS HEATED FRONT WINDSCREEN
  • LESS HEATED WASHER JETS
But you do have the activity Key. The wrist band key, was not sure if you knew that or if you got that key when you purchased the car

DP
Thanks DP. Yes, I saw that on the detailed specs of my car when I bought it used from a dealer. I was hoping the "winter wiper park" option is still available to activate on the SDD as it is still better to have the wipers a few inches higher than the hidden crawl area. But I guess not.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts