Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
@DPinTX we've had one member say it was removed from their MY18 with the 17c update and then we had another say they got it added to a MY18 just recently so we will wait and see as more updates happen

·
Registered
226 Posts
Winter wiper park mode works great on my 2017 F-pace along with my heated windshield. I live in Canada. It is an important feature for me. I hope this feature wont't be removed after my next service update.
By the way, heated windshield without winter wiper park mode won't help freezing wipers much, since the heating wires (heating area) is not covering the bottom of your windshield where your wipers stops. You do need to lift the wipers a little bit up to reach the heating area.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
@richard thanks for the info. I hope they don't take it away from you too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
@DPinTX we've had one member say it was removed from their MY18 with the 17c update and then we had another say they got it added to a MY18 just recently so we will wait and see as more updates happen
Well, I had it added when I was in for my oil change and the update they did was the "cluster recall" one. Some how they de-activated my folding mirrors, so when I returned to have them reactivated I noticed when I got home the winter park was GONE! This dealer is selling their Jaguar side and they have very limited service techs so I will be working on another dealer for the update and wiper mode. :confused:

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts
They have removed winter wiper park mode from 2018 + models which explains why it disappears with software updates. Corporate tells me there is no way to get your wipers off windshield to avoid freezing since we all know that if you put them in service mode and lift them from windshield but walk away with keys they go down again. So if wipers freezing to your windshield is an issue for you make sure you get the heated windshield (which I do not have).
Well Yes and No

I was hopeing to get you this answer sooner. Short answer it’s available for 2017-2019 the dealer has to enable it.

I requested that it be enabled on my 19 via the PDI letter. My tech contact called me and said that he would enable this along with a few other features not on from the factory that I requested, however he wanted me to know JLR has told the dealers not to enable any features not already on from the factory and when cars come in for updates reset them to “As Built” before the update is applied. This is due to all the issues that JLR has beem having.

With that said, they still turned it all on, since it was all working on my 17 plus they knew if it wasn’t working I would not throw them under the bus over it.

He is the pic or it didn’t happen

Personally I feel this definitely should be on if you have a heated windshield, and an option if you don’t.

DP

Attachments

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
this pisses me off!!!! My service adviser told me he will keep looking for a way to turn it on because he believes it can be done but so far, no luck. Can you get any details on how to do it?

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts
this pisses me off!!!! My service adviser told me he will keep looking for a way to turn it on because he believes it can be done but so far, no luck. Can you get any details on how to do it?
Cat,

It might be the dealer just doesn’t want to do it. I can check for on Monday there are not there on the weekends, if I recall it’s under the personalization preferences. There are like 10 options.

DP

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was told in May at my 2nd annual service, that the Winter Wiper Mode was definitely not available. And that's after asking the dealer to doublecheck because it was mentioned on this site that it was 'hidden' in the menu. Nada. So what's the concensus; is it available, or not?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Cat,

It might be the dealer just doesn’t want to do it. I can check for on Monday there are not there on the weekends, if I recall it’s under the personalization preferences. There are like 10 options.

DP
I doubt it, he has watched me cry now for over a year and is pleading with me to drive the new one. He knew that was on the original sales papers and that I could reject the car for not doing it if he had a way, he would have done it. And he will do it if/when it can be done

Reactions: DPinTX

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts
I was told in May at my 2nd annual service, that the Winter Wiper Mode was definitely not available. And that's after asking the dealer to doublecheck because it was mentioned on this site that it was 'hidden' in the menu. Nada. So what's the concensus; is it available, or not?
Please read post #9 on page one of this thread.

DP

P.S. Yes

·
Registered
240 Posts
First I would just like to thank @DPinTX for all your help!

I just got back from getting some service done, was noticing some weird things with the navigation and also wanted winter wiper park. They did an update to hopefully fix the nav and told me winter wiper park was only available for Land Rover but not Jag's. I kindly let them know I had a "friend" who has the same year/model and they just need to activate it in Pathfinder. He was all for giving it a shot, 10 minutes later he came back and showed me they activated it :)

So further proof they dealer can very easily activate it. They didn't give me any push back after I told them I've already seen it added and where they need to look. He was actually excited and mentioned he had another customer asking about it as well and will now be able to help them.

Side note: Normally they wash your car for you but I brought my car in basically spotless and you can obviously tell it has been lowered with aftermarket wheels, the service tech said "you probably don't want us to wash it huh?" I said nope :) please don't. Super happy they asked, it's the little things in life haha.

Reactions: DPinTX and VZX-CO

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
First I would just like to thank @DPinTX for all your help!

I just got back from getting some service done, was noticing some weird things with the navigation and also wanted winter wiper park. They did an update to hopefully fix the nav and told me winter wiper park was only available for Land Rover but not Jag's. I kindly let them know I had a "friend" who has the same year/model and they just need to activate it in Pathfinder. He was all for giving it a shot, 10 minutes later he came back and showed me they activated it :)

So further proof they dealer can very easily activate it. They didn't give me any push back after I told them I've already seen it added and where they need to look. He was actually excited and mentioned he had another customer asking about it as well and will now be able to help them.

Side note: Normally they wash your car for you but I brought my car in basically spotless and you can obviously tell it has been lowered with aftermarket wheels, the service tech said "you probably don't want us to wash it huh?" I said nope :) please don't. Super happy they asked, it's the little things in life haha.
This proves again that it is available on MY17 and MY19 but still nobody with a MY18? Will definitely ask service when it goes in December

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts
First I would just like to thank @DPinTX for all your help
You very welcome. Next time ask them to turn on the wash on up for the wipers and lazy entry

Now we just need to get this on Cat’s 2018 so she can be part of the cool club.

DP

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Have winter wiper park on on this MY18 cat. Show the tech the pic of the instrument panel.
did it come active or did your service tech activate it after the fact? And do you have the latest software update as some have said software updates take it away

·
Registered
98 Posts
did it come active or did your service tech activate it after the fact? And do you have the latest software update as some have said software updates take it away
Original 17 version (too many to remember) update I had to request the feature to be turned on. When I brought the Cat back in for the 18B update it was removed, but asked the tech to reactive it when I brought the Cat back in for service. Basically the out of the box configuration for the 18B software does not have it activated, so they need to flip a bit to turn it back on.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Have winter wiper park on on this MY18 cat. Show the tech the pic of the instrument panel.
You better show them THIS pic ! That way they will know you're on the UP & UP !!!0:)

Attachments

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,373 Posts
What’s that?
It changes the way the wiper wash works. When active when you pull back to wash the windshield the fluid will spray as the wipers move up, rather then spray then wipe. It kind of does it in unison.

DP

41 - 60 of 84 Posts