Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Service says Sunroof "normal" and "winter Mode" for wipers a safety hazzard

Just got back from my service and needed a few things to looked at. I'm not very happy with my dealer.

1. Sunroof Issues, please comment here: When you close or open your sunroof does it open all the way and close all the way with one button push? Mine pops up to vent at open, then I have to push again to open all the way. When closing, it closes then pops up to vent. My service guy said "that's normal" and he checked three other f-paces and they all do that. Here's a video of mine for your enjoyment, sunroof opening and closing.

2. Wipers - I was having an issue with a single wipe at start up, that has stopped for some reason which is good. But the dealer still says "you shouldn't have your wipers on auto all the time". issn' that the f$&king point of auto wipers??? I asked to have "winter mode" installed as per the posts here. I was denied by the "market manager" due to safety concerns. Winter mode will stop in middle of drivers view if activated. But apparently frozen snow that you can't get off your wipers isn't dangerous in the winter.

3. NO new updates for the all eh ITCP issues i'm still having. reverse camera staying on, lock up and reboots, "special modes" not available messages. I was told the engineering is working on a "new" update

I think I need to change dealers.

·
Registered
588 Posts
2. Wipers - I was having an issue with a single wipe at start up, that has stopped for some reason which is good...
fwiw I see this occasionally even in sunny SoCal. There seems to be a sensor for the "auto wipe" feature (I think it might be the round thing in the center of the dash next to the windshield) which can get triggered with morning dew, dirt, or rain. Stops triggering when you have a clean and dry windshield.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fwiw I see this occasionally even in sunny SoCal. There seems to be a sensor for the "auto wipe" feature (I think it might be the round thing in the center of the dash next to the windshield) which can get triggered with morning dew, dirt, or rain. Stops triggering when you have a clean and dry windshield.
And how does your sunroof open? Does it open all the way with a single push and close all the way with a single push?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sunroof will vent on single push to open, then fully open on second push. Sunroof will close all the way on one push to close, it shouldn't vent on close. You may want to go through the sunroof calibration process to see if that addresses the issue?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sunroof will vent on single push to open, then fully open on second push. Sunroof will close all the way on one push to close, it shouldn't vent on close. You may want to go through the sunroof calibration process to see if that addresses the issue?
Yea, literally just picked it up from the shop. Where they supposedly did all that. I'll try it myself...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Added here for convenience.

Make sure that the conditions, listed below, are met before carrying out the sunroof and/or roof blind reset procedure:

The ambient air temperature is between 41°F (5°C) and 149°F (65°C).
The vehicle is stationary.
The vehicle's battery is sufficiently charged and the electrical connections are good.
The sunroof and/or roof blind need to be reset if the battery is disconnected, becomes discharged, or the power supply is interrupted.

Once the power supply is restored, reset the sunroof and/or roof blind as follows:

Switch the ignition on.
Manually close the sunroof and/or roof blind. Release the switches. See ELECTRIC WINDOWS.
Fully press and hold the front of the sunroof switch for 10 seconds to start the reset cycle. Continue to hold the front of the sunroof switch.

NOTES
If the switch is released, the whole procedure has to be repeated.

The reset cycle:

Fully opens the roof blind.
Fully opens and then fully closes the sunroof.
Fully closes the roof blind.
Once the reset cycle has completed and the roof blind has stopped moving, release the switch.
The sunroof and/or the roof blind can now be operated as normal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the instructions. I just went and performed the calibration and it seems to have fixed the issue. At least for now. If it keeps popping up (no pun intended) there is probably something defective.

·
F Pace Expert
2,535 Posts
Re: winter wiper mode update; if it's so dangerous why do all current S's come with it? WTF? Also, how does a market manager have anything to do with it. My dealer's service department just did it, I think maybe they had to have mother ship Jaguar engineering tweak something in my car config file but I don't think they had to check with anyone. My bet; they don't know how to do it.

Re: ICTP issues, poor excuses on their part, if an update was the problem then wouldn't we all have these issues, have they really properly installed the latest updates I wonder?

New service department is where I'd go.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
2. Wipers - I was having an issue with a single wipe at start up, that has stopped for some reason which is good. But the dealer still says "you shouldn't have your wipers on auto all the time". issn' that the f$&king point of auto wipers??? I asked to have "winter mode" installed as per the posts here. I was denied by the "market manager" due to safety concerns. Winter mode will stop in middle of drivers view if activated. But apparently frozen snow that you can't get off your wipers isn't dangerous in the winter.
This is a pure "we don't want to do the work" excuse. Unless there's some language from Jag NA or NHTSA I would insist they update it. Or, find another dealer as you mentioned.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Market Manager" this the term they used in the paperwork. He described the person as an area technical market manager, who they had to go through to get approval to get the config. He said, that it was something they removed because of safety. As to not knowing how to do it, that's a possibility, but I did send the service descriptions from that was posted form the successful installs.

I picked up my car today, and when I got home I called Jaguar NA, mostly to vent, but they told me to take it to another dealer and call them back when I did it and they would work with the dealer to get my issues resolved. I really don't want to waste my time for these few issues, so I think i'll wait for the next ITCP update, and schedule it for then. Highly disappointed with the service at Jaguar Norwood.

·
F Pace Expert
2,535 Posts
Interesting, maybe winter wiper mode is a unicorn, now gone for good.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Nope... mine is in for service as we speak. Scheduled maintenance but I added some to-do things (rear body flex, headliner noise etc. etc.). I also added that they install the winter wiper mode, talked to my awesome service advisor a few hours ago and he said it was installed.

Sounds like he has a terrible service department who must feel burdened when asked to do simple tasks.

·
Registered
588 Posts
And how does your sunroof open? Does it open all the way with a single push and close all the way with a single push?
As @Gorgon says: open with two pushes and close with one.
Had to try it at lunch; I use the sunshade but never actually open the glass in sunny SoCal!

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Nope... mine is in for service as we speak. Scheduled maintenance but I added some to-do things (rear body flex, headliner noise etc. etc.). I also added that they install the winter wiper mode, talked to my awesome service advisor a few hours ago and he said it was installed.

Sounds like he has a terrible service department who must feel burdened when asked to do simple tasks.
Can winter wiper mode be installed on all models, or is it just those with ICTP?

·
F Pace Expert
2,535 Posts
Can winter wiper mode be installed on all models, or is it just those with ICTP?
It shouldn't be tied to ICTP since it's in the car settings menu, not in ICTP.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I heard this could happen with the *Sliding Cup Holder Cover* too , as JAG has found out that it is possible to accidentally close your fingers in it !!! ;)
*OUCH*>:)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Don't know about ALL models but
It shouldn't be tied to ICTP since it's in the car settings menu, not in ICTP.
I have ICT and I have Winter Wiper Mode as VZX-CO said ^ it's in Car Settings on dash so I would check with your service dept

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was just told by my service dept in Toronto that "it was a mid-production design change and we are not authorized to change the software file" anyone else been given that reason?

·
F Pace Expert
2,535 Posts
I was just told by my service dept in Toronto that "it was a mid-production design change and we are not authorized to change the software file" anyone else been given that reason?
My dealer worked with Jaguar engineering to obtain a new vehicle configuration file for my vehicle to effect the change to winter wiper mode. Not sure Jaguar still willing to do this.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts