Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has a Service Loaner they are currently offering to me.
MSRP 47,995 on this Premium version
They are offering to me at 44,900 w/Certified Warranty of 6/100,000.

Any thoughts on this offer? This a good deal?

The F Pace has 1,700 miles on it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They are also offering it to me at 43,100 without the certified warranty extension to 6/100,000

·
Registered
80 Posts
My dealer has a Service Loaner they are currently offering to me.
MSRP 47,995 on this Premium version
They are offering to me at 44,900 w/Certified Warranty of 6/100,000.

Any thoughts on this offer? This a good deal?

The F Pace has 1,700 miles on it.
Service loaners are abused non-stop. They are giving you $3 grand off MSRP for a used car? Run, don't walk away. Get a new one and negotiate a better deal - if not there than some other dealer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tough to know--building a premium 35t with no addtional options or add-ons is $47,595 MSRP. Is there options you really want, does this build have what you need?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am happy with a Premium Base. This is one of the colors that I like. It also has Nav + Sirius radio(I don't use.)

If I ordered, I would go Premium without add ons in Rhodium Silver.
@alphatero - What would you suggest is an acceptable offer?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would be curious if they would give it to you for about 44K including the certified warranty. I just highly doubt a dealer will take $8-$10K off of a loaner with only 1700 miles and include a certified warranty. That just does not make any financial sense to the dealer; they exist to make money. Dealers sell "new" cars all the time that have 300-500 miles just from test drives. I would say if you are happy with it; 4K off with a full certified warranty does not sound like a bad deal to me. I am guessing if you ordered one you would get about $2-3K off max on a premium (I got $0 off of my special order premium we received in Sept 2016) so an extra 1K off plus a full certified warranty doesn't sound bad to me.

Reactions: Barbara Jones Heil

·
Registered
536 Posts
How many miles do you drive a year and what is the service date of the F-Pace? Remember you already would get 5 years 60K so if you don't drive that much you may be paying $1,800 just for a little more time on the warranty. If you don't drive a lot of miles I would try to push them a little more on the $43,100 price. Try to get it closer to $42,000. That would be 12.5% off sticker which isn't bad especially since they aren't dealing much on new.

·
Registered
278 Posts
No. I would never buy a loaner vehicle. They are abused.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
So, this is troubling. How many of you have had loaner vehicles when your precious F-Pace has been in the shop? Of those who have had loaner vehicles, did you abuse them? I drive all of my vehicles aggressively, but not to the point of abuse - bounding off curbs, rubbing curbs, parking so close the door dings appear - and I find it hard to believe that people at this level who can afford a premium brand would intentionally abuse a loaner vehicle.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have spent quite a bit of time in BMW and JLR loaners. I treated them like my own - even repaired a rip in a seat of an XJ where the previous driver stuck a pen in it. I had a 5 series loaner that had 1000 miles on it. Drove like it had been driven over curbs and dogged. I have yet to have a loaner that I would ever buy - even at a huge discount.

Dealers do not take good care of the loaners - they do not use them as sales tools.

Reactions: NewToCats

·
Registered
225 Posts
It would still be under warranty. I would inspect the inside and outside to make sure there aren't any issues and what ever there is, must be fixed and not tacked on to the price. If all looks good and the car runs well, then why not? That is like getting a certified pre owned car, except this one will be much less mileage than most.

Drive it, inspect it and if things check out (remember that it is still under full warranty) and it has the options you want (or can live with) then go for it!

Reactions: bpmba and TLockhart

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree, if there isn't body damage and you are getting a warranty I would go with it Even with a new car you can have issues that is what the warranty is for. And when I have a loaner I am extra extra careful with it

·
Registered
56 Posts
JLR defined residual on a Premium for a 12k/36mo deal is 54%. That works out to about $.61 per mile, in this case $1043. With a $3k discount you are well ahead of depreciation, using JLR's numbers. If it is still in great condition and has the options you want I would personally go for it.

Dealers in my area are still not offering any significant discounts so $3k is pretty solid.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am happy with a Premium Base. This is one of the colors that I like. It also has Nav + Sirius radio(I don't use.)

If I ordered, I would go Premium without add ons in Rhodium Silver.
@alphatero - What would you suggest is an acceptable offer?

If you have carefully inspected the car (and somewhat trust the dealer) I would want $5M off of sticker. And they can forget the extended warranty, it is of very little use based on the original 5 year warranty. They will probably continue negotiating from there, but the rest is up to you. And please note: my answer is not scientific or based on KBB - it is simply my gut feeling on the transaction.

I once went to a dealer to buy a new car that he had faxed me the sticker and paperwork on - 6 miles on the odometer. When I got to the dealer the odometer read just under 3,000 miles. I said what the **** is that? He said, oh the owners wife used it as a demo for a while. I said, that's a freaking used car! And he said, no its not - there has never been a title change, so it is still legally new and we sell it as such. THAT my friend is the kind of crap you are up against :) Good luck, but by all means buy the FP one way or the other, its a great car

·
Registered
337 Posts
I think that's a good deal, price-wise, and I would take the extended warranty since they're throwing it in. My extended warranty (which I paid for) is 8/100K. Are you sure yours is 6/100K? If it is, I'd try and negotiate up to 8.

Also, my dealer is VERY strict about loaners and how they are treated - there's more paperwork involved than when renting a car.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Only an a$$hole would deliberately abuse a car he/she isn't paying for or doesn't own. If you own it, you can do whatever the bleep you want to with it. $44,900 is just their opening bid. Tell 'em you'll do the deal for $38K (your opening counter). Get them down to $41,000 with the extended warranty, then take it. But drive the car first. Drive it before you counter. Bring the sales person with you. Drive it hard -you're checking for rattles and squeaks, steering wheel shimmy, anything. Even if it drives like an absolute dream, keep a poker face and act like you aren't very impressed even if you're blown away.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts