Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I spoke with the service department at Chantilly JLR (Northern Virginia). First, they were very professional and very nice. My concern is that either I misunderstood, or JLR misrepresented their five-year inclusive maintenance program. I'm just shy of 7000 miles on my F-Pace S which was delivered in October. I called to schedule its first service as well as the software update. Apparently, the first "included" service takes place at one year and 17,000 miles. This shocked me! I don't believe that any oil change (particularly a first one) should go that long. If I bring it in now, this oil change will be on me - to the tune of around $200. The software update that Chantilly has is only version "2.5". Version 3.0 "should be out by late April". Is this accurate? I have to say that my dealership experience at Chantilly has been lacking. I never received one follow-up from my salesman or his team. No, survey, no email, no phone call asking "how's your new (expensive) Jaguar doing? Not my first rodeo (nor Jaguar), but disappointing nonetheless. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent! :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just because you believe it should be before 15-16k, does not mean it is true. Most cars in this range will go 10-15k easy between changes. I wanted the dealer to change my Rover oil at 7k (on my dime) and he said I would just be wasting my money. I am perfectly happy following the Mfg's schedule. Oil changes do not need to happen every 5-7k miles anymore.

Sounds right on the update.

After spending this kind of money - it would be nice to get at least "are you still breathing?" follow-up. It does amaze me how customer unsavvy dealers are now - then they wonder why you do not come back.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I never received one follow-up from my salesman or his team. No, survey, no email, no phone call asking "how's your new (expensive) Jaguar doing? Not my first rodeo (nor Jaguar), but disappointing nonetheless. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent! :)
Yep same here. Never had anyone go over the car with me on pick up, still don't know how some stuff works, still trying to figure out what button above the parking brake does, even after reading about it in the manual, I still don't know what it does. They better dazzle the heck out of me when I come in for service, or I will be shopping at a different dealer in a few years when it comes to trade in time.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yep same here. Never had anyone go over the car with me on pick up, still don't know how some stuff works, still trying to figure out what button above the parking brake does, even after reading about it in the manual, I still don't know what it does. They better dazzle the heck out of me when I come in for service, or I will be shopping at a different dealer in a few years when it comes to trade in time.
Jaguar does have a program if you look at the link below which is called Jaguar Handover Encore. I had a good salesman who went over all the features with me but there were still some questions so I called the dealer and requested this program. They will send someone to your site to go over everything and answer all your questions. You have to go back to your original dealer but they should have this program in place. If not contact JLR.

Jaguar Handover Encore | Jaguar USA

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Thanks everyone ... great info!
Hey UALcapt ! They will still give you your FREE Oil Change ! I think some people on here have said there is a 30-day grace period either over or within the 1-year ! So if you go back to them during that time period , they should do the FREE service then ! There are plenty of others on here that have already stated that they indeed PAID for their first Oil Change , just because they wanted it done EARLIER then the *Jaguar Scheduled Maintenance* ! So YOU are not alone , in that respect !
Pay for this one , just go back later for your FREEBIE ! :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I had my dealer change my oil at 1500 miles..On my dime. Aprox. 2000 of them.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
Today, I spoke with the service department at Chantilly JLR (Northern Virginia). First, they were very professional and very nice. My concern is that either I misunderstood, or JLR misrepresented their five-year inclusive maintenance program. I'm just shy of 7000 miles on my F-Pace S which was delivered in October. I called to schedule its first service as well as the software update. Apparently, the first "included" service takes place at one year and 17,000 miles. This shocked me! I don't believe that any oil change (particularly a first one) should go that long. If I bring it in now, this oil change will be on me - to the tune of around $200. The software update that Chantilly has is only version "2.5". Version 3.0 "should be out by late April". Is this accurate? I have to say that my dealership experience at Chantilly has been lacking. I never received one follow-up from my salesman or his team. No, survey, no email, no phone call asking "how's your new (expensive) Jaguar doing? Not my first rodeo (nor Jaguar), but disappointing nonetheless. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent! :)
Dealer is correct, service interval is 16,000 miles. I had an oil change done at 3,000 miles out of an abundance of caution - $150. The ICTP current version is something like 2.5 but NAS3 or 4 which means the 3 or 4th release of the update, or at least updated instructions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the 2.0d, and the first scheduled oil change is all the way out to 20K miles. The Passport to Service lists the service interval as 10K miles or 1 year, but the oil change is only done every other scheduled service. Seems like an awful long time between changes, but as other have noted, I may opt to pay out of pocket for a first oil change much sooner. I am too "old school" to be comfortable waiting for 20K.

On the other point from the OP, I feel compelled to share my dealer experience. I have nothing but praise for everyone I encountered at my dealer (Naples Jaguar in FL). I have owned my FP for one month today. My sales contacts (Frank Orsini and Austin Bending) were a pleasure to spend time with. They spent a lot of time finding us the car with the options we wanted, stayed in contact with us as it was shipped and delivered, and they took the time to go over all the features upon delivery. I was also impressed with how much the sales manager (Joe Russo) worked with me on the price. The Encore Experience concierge also contacted me after a week or so and scheduled an hour plus to come out to our home and go over more of the obscure features and questions we had. The dealer hosts weekly free care washes and vacuuming for customers, and the service advisors are always there to answer my questions and deal with little niggles that I raise when I come in for washes. Bottom line is that some dealers do go above and beyond to exceed expectations. Heck, the GM and salesmen even had an amazing bouquet delivered to my wife after the sale.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You can't call it bait and switch since they're covering exactly what is advertised - scheduled service.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
still trying to figure out what button above the parking brake does, even after reading about it in the manual, I still don't know what it does.
Hey Kubota ! That button is to activate the ASPC *All Surface Progress Control* ! Once you hit that button , then you click your Cruise Control buttons to set your desired SLOW speed , when you are experiencing BAD Road Conditions !

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey Kubota ! That button is to activate the ASPC *All Surface Progress Control* ! Once you hit that button , then you click your Cruise Control buttons to set your desired SLOW speed , when you are experiencing BAD Road Conditions !
Could be the plebeian in me, but I still don't understand why, or what it does. You hit the button, click the cruise, and it won't let you go under that speed? I read that in the manual, and it made no sense there either. Sounds like something I wouldn't use anyway....:nerd:

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Could be the plebeian in me, but I still don't understand why, or what it does. You hit the button, click the cruise, and it won't let you go under that speed? I read that in the manual, and it made no sense there either. Sounds like something I wouldn't use anyway....:nerd:
Yep ! I am of the mindset , that if the roads ever require me to want to use this feature , I probably won't be out on the roads anyway ! ;)
It is considered a SLOW CRUISE CONTROL ! It is for when the roads are ICY , or Slick ! It will only allow you to set the Cruise Control between 2.2-mph , up to 18.6-mph !
IMO , I would probably choose my *Jesus Take The Wheel* option , instead of this one ! 0:)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I have the 2.0d, and the first scheduled oil change is all the way out to 20K miles. The Passport to Service lists the service interval as 10K miles or 1 year, but the oil change is only done every other scheduled service. Seems like an awful long time between changes, but as other have noted, I may opt to pay out of pocket for a first oil change much sooner. I am too "old school" to be comfortable waiting for 20K.

On the other point from the OP, I feel compelled to share my dealer experience. I have nothing but praise for everyone I encountered at my dealer (Naples Jaguar in FL). I have owned my FP for one month today. My sales contacts (Frank Orsini and Austin Bending) were a pleasure to spend time with. They spent a lot of time finding us the car with the options we wanted, stayed in contact with us as it was shipped and delivered, and they took the time to go over all the features upon delivery. I was also impressed with how much the sales manager (Joe Russo) worked with me on the price. The Encore Experience concierge also contacted me after a week or so and scheduled an hour plus to come out to our home and go over more of the obscure features and questions we had. The dealer hosts weekly free care washes and vacuuming for customers, and the service advisors are always there to answer my questions and deal with little niggles that I raise when I come in for washes. Bottom line is that some dealers do go above and beyond to exceed expectations. Heck, the GM and salesmen even had an amazing bouquet delivered to my wife after the sale.

We also visited here before ordering from a dealer back home, They did not care that we were ordering from a dealer back home and spent as much time as we wanted going over the vehicle and answering any questions. Ft Myers dealer was pushy and acted angry that we wouldn't order from him even though we made that CLEAR upon arrival. If my F pace ever needs help in FL while I'm down here, I'll drive the extra distance to Naples no problem.....:D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yep ! I am of the mindset , that if the roads ever require me to want to use this feature , I probably won't be out on the roads anyway ! ;)
It is considered a SLOW CRUISE CONTROL ! It is for when the roads are ICY , or Slick ! It will only allow you to set the Cruise Control between 2.2-mph , up to 18.6-mph !
IMO , I would probably choose my *Jesus Take The Wheel* option , instead of this one ! 0:)
Thanks for explaining it to me, I now know the useless thing it does. If I am going that slow, and the weather is that bad, my foot is on the accelerator and ready to brake, surly not set on cruise control.

I have hit it a few times, and had a heck of a time getting it figured out how to shut it off, but while on it did nothing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It is considered a SLOW CRUISE CONTROL ! It is for when the roads are ICY , or Slick ! It will only allow you to set the Cruise Control between 2.2-mph , up to 18.6-mph!
Thanks for explaining it to me, I now know the useless thing it does. If I am going that slow, and the weather is that bad, my foot is on the accelerator and ready to brake, surly not set on cruise control .
Actually I believe this function is intended to be for off-roading like when you rolling down a steep decline and want to focus on steering without having to worry about gas/brake management. I still don't plan on using it, but want to make sure it sounds more sophisticated when explaining it to passengers not familiar with Range Rover tech.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Actually I believe this function is intended to be for off-roading like when you rolling down a steep decline and want to focus on steering without having to worry about gas/brake management. I still don't plan on using it, but want to make sure it sounds more sophisticated when explaining it to passengers not familiar with Range Rover tech.
Hey theRAMSTA ! I will agree that we are both correct , just as long as you do ! ;)
From the Brochure (so this may be "wrong" of course) but here goes ! >:)
"ASPC is standard and gives the F-PACE drivers added assistance over slippery , loose or icy surfaces , undulating terrain , and even while descending a difficult incline" !

Reactions: Corpraider
1 - 17 of 17 Posts