Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have an INSANELY long wait to get in to see your dealer's service?
First time I went in it was a 2 week wait just for an appointment, then they had my car in for another 2 weeks (replacing bad/leaking rear differential, among other things). Now, this time, I have to wait A MONTH for my appointment (ITCP update & other issues). Seems utterly ridiculous - I've driven everything from an Audi to a Chevy and have never had to wait more than a couple days to get in. This is my first Jag - is this standard for Jag service??? If so, methinks they need to seriously upgrade their service infrastructure. :mad:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I haven't get to the first 12,000 miles, currently have 7629, I would tell by the time I reach 12,000 and see how long is here in miami.

how many dealers do you have around your area?

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
My dealer is usually waiting on me, typically gets me in within a week. However it's also a fairly large dealership that also handles Porsche so service department very good.

Reactions: JMB

·
Registered
92 Posts
My dealer is usually waiting on me, typically gets me in within a week. However it's also a fairly large dealership that also handles Porsche so service department very good.
I use the other Jag dealer in the Denver area. Also large and handles Maserati, Aston Martin and Lamborgini. I agree with VZX - with high end lines service has to be good. Used twice and got me within a few days.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This isn't truly a valid excuse at the end of the day, but the fact Jaguar sales are basically doubling means a lot of dealers simply need to expand, hire more techs, etc.

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
Also, well qualified auto techs are in short supply

·
Registered
133 Posts
On delivery day, I drove my FP into the service area and right into a service bay to have them adjust the tire pressure (it was at 50psi). My dealer's building is not really that big by modern new car dealer standards (from what I can tell after going in to a few in my time) and I was surprised to see 18 service bays. Two of them were detail stations so 16 mechanic stations fully loaded with gear. The Mercedes dealer that I had used was much bigger and I only saw 12 or 13 mechanic bays. I don't know how many mechanics they employ but I think I remember seeing about 15 Jags and LRs docked and this was I believe a Saturday.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
For my dealer, JLR Mainline in Wayne, Pa, they normally can get me in within a week. I do think JLR dealerships have been hit with a bit of a surprise in service with the success of the F-Pace and I think even the XE is doing well by last year standards for the XJ and XF, so I think they have been working to beef up service staff to be able to handle the increased load. That may be the reason you are seeing issues in your area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, you guys are just lucky then. I have 2 service centers near me - one services Land Rover & Jag in same location, the other has its own Jag service area amongst Audi, Porsche, Bentley, and MBZ on the same property. They both have 2-4 week appointment waits. I have not noticed how many "bays" there are, but I'm assuming they either need more bays, or as you say more good tech guys. Sad thing is, all I can do it just wait my turn... tho, maybe it'll give me more time to find out more glitches. Haha!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I only have to wait if I need a loaner. Otherwise, they can usually fit me in the next day - but the Jag dealership here works very hard to maintain satisfied clients especially in such a money rich area (Sarasota, FL).

And my SA is great - actually British with accent and everything, haha :). Always listens to what I have to say and calls as often as needed to give me updates.

Reactions: VZX-CO
1 - 12 of 12 Posts