Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20D owners..

I know on some US based diesel vehicles there is a federally mandated? SEPARATE emissions warranty,(DEF system, DPF and the like...) besides the factory bumper to bumper warranty. (IE 8/80 Emissions past the 3/36 full coverage...)

Is there a separate emissions system warranty on the 20D like this? Where is this advertised and what does it cover and how long? I don't seem to find anything? Would be good to know down the road.....

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well The reason I ask is that my JGC has an extended 8/80 warranty (Federally mandated?) on all emissions related devices and it saved my tail at 70K with a new DPF being installed at N/C.. a 3500.00 fix. Contrary to some beliefs, DPF's do have a lifespan..it could be 60K and it could be 160K, depending on use. I really don't know how good JAGUAR's is engineered, but you can bet it would be a dang expensive fix on this vehicle. I know the Ingenuim is a new engine, but how long has the diesel emissions system been around as designed? DPF's and SCR systems lose their efficiency as they age and start throwing codes etc...Parts replacement is usually the fix. Would be nice to know if this is covered any longer FOR SURE than the 5/60.....

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
So there are federal warranty periods and (perhaps) state-specific mandated warranties. There are two Federal warranty periods: 2y/24k and 8y/80k and in California there are additional periods of 3y/50k and 7y/70k. And some hybrids and electrics have additional extra warranty periods for batteries.
Details on the California web site below...
https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/resources/fact-sheets/california-vehicle-and-emissions-warranty-periods
Well... That seems simple enough!

>:)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So there are federal warranty periods and (perhaps) state-specific mandated warranties. There are two Federal warranty periods: 2y/24k and 8y/80k and in California there are additional periods of 3y/50k and 7y/70k. And some hybrids and electrics have additional extra warranty periods for batteries.
Details on the California web site below...
https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/resources/fact-sheets/california-vehicle-and-emissions-warranty-periods
I see this but this really shouldn't have to be this hard to find out. Why can't jag list this as part of their warranty statment? They still have to be bound by it, might as well advertise it... I'll ask my service manager next time I'm there what their take is on it….

·
Registered
265 Posts
My last Jag was a 1990 XJS. The Cats went bad on it, after 15 years of mild use. It turned out the parts were no longer available from the dealer and newly enacted laws disallowed the importation of aftermarket replacements. So I petitioned the California EPA to give me a waiver. That was denied and their recomendation was to crush the car at 60K miles! I laughed and thanked them for their dedicated efforts. My solution: bolt on straight pipes available from England and register it in Oregon which has zero smog stations in my county....... Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts