Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’ve ordered a new car due in December. I didn’t order the activity key, but am now thinking of it. I see a good few being sold secondhand. Has anyone purchased and reused a secondhand activity key? Do they need programming by Jaguar, or will they pair to any fpace ?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I don't really know anything out the second hand 2021 Activity keys other than the fact I have one. I would expect it can be reprogrammed for you new car when it comes in, but the best thing would be to ask that question of a dealership or find someone here who actually had one reprogrammed. The reprogramming may be as expensive as being a new one from Jaguar.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
We got the key with our new P 400. It has been a total waste of time and money. You can’t even get the display to stay on long enough to program it. It’s supposed to be fancier and do more things, but I would much rather just have it be like the old function of the other activity keys. Just replace the key for me and that’s all I ask. It sits in a drawer now, along with other unused household items.
I may send it back to the dealer upon his first annual service and let him try to see if he can make it functional, but I don’t have the patience to make it work and of course they were no help over the phone with it….

·
F Pace Expert
2,579 Posts
99% sure activity key requires hardware installed in vehicle and programmed to marry with vehicle and activity key. i don’t think you can just get the activity key alone. still loving my activity key, super useful for sports, hiking, etc.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
VZX,

I think the fact that the 2021 Activity Keys are different and for the most part act like another vehicle fob, albeit one that goes on your wrist, I'm not sure the car has any extra hardware anymore to support them. Obviously, I could be wrong and that is why I suggested that they talk with a Jaguar dealership to see if they got a second hand key could it be reprogrammed for a car that wasn't 't originally sold with a key. That is the only way to be sure. I also stated above, that the reprogramming could end up costing more than just asking Jag if you can get a Activity Key for your car now that you have it delivered. Not sure they dealerships fully know, but it would be a first step before you buy a second hand key and find out your SOL.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a brand new activity key wristband (T4A13434) for sale. Contact me privately for the details. As VZX-CO noted, your vehicle also needs a receiver installed in the rear hatch (Activity Key Vehicle Prep Kit - Jaguar T4A12643) and then programming is required in order for them to communicate with each other.

Reactions: VZX-CO
1 - 7 of 7 Posts