Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally put my Savini SV-F4 on the jaaaaaaaaag. Had to wait to get my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ delivered and rushed down to the tire joint yesterday morning.

Stance is perfect, offset is perfect, relatively lightweight for their size (22x9).

Got these from Vibe on a good deal, but they did send me the wrong tuner lungs (12mm instead of 14mm). I used my winter ones for now, which are beat to poop, so I have to order a new set of lugs this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I like your "don't even think about it" rear window decal!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Good Looking "Shoes" Dakar09!

Reactions: Dakar09

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
You piqued my interest , so I looked it up !!!;)

All I can say about it is , if you folks value being able to have one that much ,
you better hope DJT stays right where he's at !!!>:)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You peaked my interest , so I looked it up
To my friend, the English professor, it’s piqued.
And on the second part, there’s that pesky constitution thing:)

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
1. To my friend, the English professor, it’s piqued.
2. And on the second part, there’s that pesky constitution thing:)
1. THANKS for looking out for me , my friend !
Now go ahead and delete that part , before anyone else sees it !!!;)

2. That was kinda my point ! DJT wants to keep it as it is !:D
Whereas there are some others out there , that want to DELETE that part !!!:mad:

Reactions: Dakar09 and Kodiak

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Glad that didn't go unnoticed ;)

Looking at these pics, me thinks it may need to be lower now. But I'll try my hardest to leave it alone for now. Ride doesn't seem rough at all with these tires. I have them set at 42 psi for the time being, but I haven't driven it on rough roads yet.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Speaking from the experience route, I loved the look of my F-Pace First Edition lowered. It looked pretty darn good, just wished it was a tiny bit higher in the rear. With that said, the ride was very nice on semi smooth pavement, actually better than the stock springs due to the progressive nature of the lowering springs. However, I've decided at this time not to lower my new F-Pace. I like the ride of the new suspension which is matched to the V8. While I'd love to see it sit about 1 inch lower all around, I often have a few people in the rear seats. One thing I will say about my First Edition lowered and that is the rear seat ride over moderate and large bumps was atrocious, horrible, back breaking, as any large bump would have the suspension bottoming out.

So if you do lower, do it carefully if you often have folks riding in the back. Front seat ride was acceptable over those big bumps, but the back, not so much.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This REALLY good info, PA. I often have my daughter and her friends in the car or my various sundries from Home Depot, so this would definitely be a factor. I actually like the way it looks in person as it currently sits, so I'm not going to touch it.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
This REALLY good info, PA. I often have my daughter and her friends in the car or my various sundries from Home Depot, so this would definitely be a factor. I actually like the way it looks in person as it currently sits, so I'm not going to touch it.
I should also note that my comments were aligned to the H&R Springs I used for lowering the First Edition. Clearly, if you used the KW Springs, or perhaps AC Schnitzer or others, the ride could/would be different. Especially, with the KWs since you can adjust the lowering via the collar adjuster that comes with those springs.

If I eventually do lower the SVR, I will use the KWs to allow for that adjustment, but as mentioned at this point, I'm not planning to do that at this time. However, I have been known to change my mind from time to time.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like the way it rides with these wheels/tires on the stock setup. I'll skip the lowering part for now, though it would look even meaner than it does with these wheels on it.

Truth be told, I have to sink some money into my 1950 Ford pickup this summer, so the Jag will stay as she sits. No more upgrades for the time being.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Love the setup. That savini setup was in my top 3 for quite a while. Out of curiosity, a lot of people go with 10.5 wide. Did you consider 22x10.5 or not even entertain the idea?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't want the wheels to stick outside of the fenders or have that "stanced" tire stretching look when I mounted the rubber, so I didn't go with the 10.5" wide rims.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts