Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to look at the local F Pace S today and all went well except on the front passenger door trim. I remember there being a member on here months ago who posted a pic of this kind of imperfection on the wood around the shift know. This is not as obvious due to its location, but am I being picky in wanted it not to be there? All other doors and shift trim look uniform and great. I know it is real wood, but I differentiate random grain with this kind of thing. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I would get a "we owe you" from the dealer on fixing it and take delivery. That can be swapped out fairly easily I would think, why go through the hassle of turning down the buy?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already asked and they were not receptive. Also, all pieces from each car come from the same piece of wood. So, they would probably have to swap them all out so they looked similar.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'd be surprised if they went through the effort to copy your build to try to get your business and then balked at a few hundred $$ worth of trim replacement. I assume they know that you still have the build at the MA dealer in your back pocket so you have that as leverage.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have thought of that Gorgon, and thanks for paying attention to the details of my posts. Yes, they certainly know the Boston FP will be here in 4 weeks.

I do not care about getting the car a few weeks earlier, but I risk the Boston one being no better or maybe worse. I am in the position where I want one of these, but will not settle. It sounds like you too think this imperfection is not acceptable....yes? no?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hard to tell from phone pictures, honestly. Not sure how consistent this finish is for that option.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Doesn't look good. I wouldn't take without a change later

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hard to believe that passed inspection at the factory. I would contact Jaguar directly if you're not getting any help from the dealer
It doesn't surprise me. I've seen at least three others beside me that have had hoods misaligned and that is much easier to see than this issue.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are all confirming my initial inclination. They said factory veneer cannot be replaced at the dealer. Not one attempt to rectify.

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
It's wood what do you expect? Don't take the car and see what you get next time. You've been around here long enough to know that none of the F Paces to date are perfect. If it's perfection you want you've picked the wrong car company. Is it perfection you are looking for in a $70K car? Maybe in a $20K car that has no frills. Forgive the comments but reality is perfection does not come in this price range, as I'm sure you will find out from a non bending dealer. Or maybe you'll just get lucky.

Here's hoping luck is on your side.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't want or need luck. My being here one week or one year makes no difference. If I were the admin. on this site I might privately warn you to stop being so **** high and mighty. Next time I ask for the forum's opinion please do not respond.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I don't want or need luck. My being here one week or one year makes no difference. If I were the admin. on this site I might privately warn you to stop being so **** high and mighty. Next time I ask for the forum's opinion please do not respond.
You ended your Original Post with "THOUGHTS?" !!! Maybe it would have been more appropriate to end it with "Anybody who totally agrees with me , please reply" !!!
Just a thought !

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
My intent was not to insult you or anything else. The reality of the matter is there is not one forum member that has a perfect car. Keeping in mind what I have said in the past 80% of the people only use 20% of the cars features. As far as looks are concerned " beauty or the lack there of are in the eyes of the beholder".

From some of your most posts, your kind words or intent are .........

I understand, but in the case of these paddles, who really cares? The aluminum serves not purpose and functions identically.
This is really disconcerting and I do not blame you for being extremely upset. I can only pray that the one I am about to buy is relatively problem-free. (OK)
We mock what we do not understand. (You were being nice here)
Women who were always women or women regardless of the length of their "womananity?" (Nice comment)

Again my intent and your perception well something about the pot and the kettle.

Best wishes with your new vehicle.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You ended your Original Post with "THOUGHTS?" !!! Maybe it would have been more appropriate to end it with "Anybody who totally agrees with me , please reply" !!!
Just a thought !
Sparky, I do/did want opinions. Maybe I am a little sensitive to the admin. constantly prefacing everything with "you have been here long enough to know..." which I interpret this to mean "haven't you learned anything on this forum?" I had a life for about 53 years before this forum and have rarely (in my memory) asked for the forum's opinion on anything....before this.

So, these kinds of comments would have been well received....

It doesn't look too bad....I would take it.
I cannot even see it. I think you are being too picky.

In fact, I was expecting the majority opinion to tell me I was too picky. In fact, the majority seemed more upset than I am about the imperfection. With All the other "imperfections (the hood alignment, the isolators, even the ICTP), it is expected and promised that the problem would be resolved. With this, it is what it is.

So, yes, I was wanting and asking for all opinions, but not telling me that it is a no brainer based on all the information I received on this forum. Lastly, it seems the moderator was telling me I should expect more imperfections on a $70k car than on a much less expensive one. That seems counter-intuitive, but maybe I misunderstood his point.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My intent was not to insult you or anything else. The reality of the matter is there is not one forum member that has a perfect car. Keeping in mind what I have said in the past 80% of the people only use 20% of the cars features. As far as looks are concerned " beauty or the lack there of are in the eyes of the beholder".

From some of your most posts, your kind words or intent are .........

I understand, but in the case of these paddles, who really cares? The aluminum serves not purpose and functions identically.
This is really disconcerting and I do not blame you for being extremely upset. I can only pray that the one I am about to buy is relatively problem-free. (OK)
We mock what we do not understand. (You were being nice here)
Women who were always women or women regardless of the length of their "womananity?" (Nice comment)

Again my intent and your perception well something about the pot and the kettle.

Best wishes with your new vehicle.
Of the four comments of mine above, the only one that holds water is the first. I should have been more constructive. The second does not apply to problems that are not solvable...i e. take it or leave it. The third is a funny line from a movie (Spies Like Us). The fourth was a jab at a recent male/female bathroom issue in the news - did I offend you with this one?

·
Registered
165 Posts
It doesn't look too bad....I would take it.
I cannot even see it. I think you are being too picky.

Reactions: VZX-CO and GRVR

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RAMSTA, I could not have put it any better myself!

While we are sharing opinions, I have something else bothering me about my experience yesterday in reviewing the vehicle. As is often the case, the SG needs to drive to car off the lot to another place where the customer can switch and take over the driving. This SG, who I like a lot, gunned this thing out of the lot, as if to show me how quick it was. Given I felt he was gunning my future F Pace, I thought that was a little rude. I know there is a break in period, and while I do not know the specifics, I am pretty sure gunning it with under 50 miles on the odometer is not a good idea. This SG is probably about 30 years old, very professional, and excellent in terms of follow up. However, I thought this we a bad idea on his part. Thoughts?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts