Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not on compatible phone list because likely band new. Anybody have this phone with ICTP and is it fully compatible? Jaguar Customer Service as is their usual mantra says "MAYBE".

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wouldn't buy the phone till you know for sure. My S6 Edge is but my wife's 1 year old LG4 wasn't so I had to buy her an iPhone. She wanted the S7 Edge but since it was listed for the F Type but not the Pace I decided not to risk it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My wife has it & It works fine. Only once did it stop recognizing it & I just re-Paired it. She hasn't said anything about it since.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have the phone and the phone hadn't been recognized about 6 times . I restarted the phone and it usually fixed the problem except for once where I had to actually turn off the car and wait a couple mins and then start it back up . ( re-pairing and restarting the the phone didn't work (

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have the phone and the phone hasn't been recognized about 6 times . I restarted the phone and it usually fixed the problem except for once where I had to actually turn off the car and wait a couple mins and then start it back up . ( re-pairing and restarting the the phone didn't work )

·
Registered
545 Posts
My wife has it & It works fine. Only once did it stop recognizing it & I just re-Paired it. She hasn't said anything about it since.
Your wife has S7 Edge and it works fine? Does anybody think the S7 Edge would be any different in terms of pair-ability?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am using s7 egde with ICT and have not had any issue pairing it using bluetooth or using USB cable.
I also use Jaguar remote app almost regularly as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the S7 edge and it works well with it but be careful if you have the new ICTP system. The problem is that the ringer volume is directly tied in with the voice volume. I am not sure if this is the system or the S7, but I have seen posts of similar issues. This cannot be adjusted. If you lower the ringer, you can't hear the person on the other end so you just raise the volume. However, then the phone rings and it's so loud it practically gives you are heart attack. On mine, this is horrible and I'm pretty sure it is not the edge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a Galaxy S4 and although it paired easily and operated well, the ringer volume was crazy loud. The same problem as mentioned above. So I just bought a new S7 Edge and the ringing problem still occurs. Both are not shown as compatible on the F Pace list so that must be the issue. I also can't get the In Control Apps to come up when I connect the phone to the USB port.

I did test an iPhone 6 and the ringer worked fine as it just mirrored the same ring tone as the phone. On the S7 Edge, the Jaguar ringer takes over and it's like an alarm with full bass and it shocks you every time. Has anyone been able to get it to work properly or do we have to wait until it's compatible with the F Pace?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem with regards to ringer volume being insanely high on my new F-Pace using a Samsung Galaxy S7. It's unbelievable that the newest Jaguar would not be compatible with the latest Samsung Galaxy S7. Very frustrating and dangerous. The ring tone is so loud and startling I'm actually concerned it may cause an accident. I've searched everywhere and even consulted with Samsung. Can't find a fix. The Jaguar dealership has been useless and I am the one troubleshooting the issue. Has anybody found a fix or have an update regarding whether Jaguar will make the Galaxy S7 compatible?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm having the same problem with regards to ringer volume being insanely high on my new F-Pace using a Samsung Galaxy S7. It's unbelievable that the newest Jaguar would not be compatible with the latest Samsung Galaxy S7. Very frustrating and dangerous. The ring tone is so loud and startling I'm actually concerned it may cause an accident. I've searched everywhere and even consulted with Samsung. Can't find a fix. The Jaguar dealership has been useless and I am the one troubleshooting the issue. Has anybody found a fix or have an update regarding whether Jaguar will make the Galaxy S7 compatible?
This is not a Galaxy S7 issue. It's an issue with the Android OS and ICTP. It's been documented on many trails. I personally, have used the S6 edge, S7edge, and now the Pixel XL and it's always a problem. The ringer volume is connected to the conversation volume which is low via bluetooth to begin with. I have had conversations with my dealer, JLR corporate and really have gotten nowhere. There was one post that said it was in the works for some sort of February update but I would not hold my breath. My biggest issue is that I am in my car alot for business and it scares the **** out of me when it rings. I don't even use it any longer, just pull over if it's important. The latest module did not correct this either. Just a note, it works fine with Iphone as I have paired my wife's phone without issue. You can't blame Samsung for this one

·
Registered
245 Posts
Go into settings and uncheck the option that links ring tone volume to the rocker switch. I don't recall where that is with Samsung but you have it. That will fix the loud ring in the car but when you want to adjust your ringtone volume you have to hit the rocker, then the little arrow that comes on screen next to the volume indicator, then adjust the ringtone volume in the resulting menu that lets you adjust all the volumes. If you go volume down on the rocker until you zero it the phone will still silence as before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is a bit of a stopgap solution i have been using to solve the loud ringing problem.

Download an app from google play called "IFTTT"
(stands for "if this then that")

This app allows you to set up simple actions to happen based on some other action.

In this case, I created an operation where

IF I connect via bluetooth
THEN set ring volume to 30%

I also made a second operation to reverse this when Bluetooth disconnects (so my phone isnt quiet all day!)

IF I disconnect from bluetooth
THEN set ring volume to 100%

Give it a shot. Its been saving my eardrums regularly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts