Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FPace Lease Figures

Hi All! Been lurking for a bit, but will soon be placing my order. My dealer indicated he likely will not get lease figures until about month before the cars start to be delivered. However, I'm curious if anyone knows any specific numbers or have a good guess at where they fall.

I am eyeing an S model with 36mo/15k lease. Some guesses I've seen say residuals down in the low 50's, which seems very low compared to the competition. If Jag has truly improved the brand, as they have hoped, then could residuals really be that low?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Keep in mind that even after a 3 year lease, there would still be 2 years of full warranty and maintenance left. That makes it much easier for Jaguar to resell the cars as buyers tend to gravitate towards vehicles with warranty still remaining. This is even without any sort of additional warranty time added by "certified pre-owned".

I to have heard the phrase "best in class" when lease rates are discussed. From both dealers and Jaguar themselves.

I am doing a 36mo/10k lease and I am figuring residual will be in the high 50's, if not slightly higher.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep in mind that even after a 3 year lease, there would still be 2 years of full warranty and maintenance left. That makes it much easier for Jaguar to resell the cars as buyers tend to gravitate towards vehicles with warranty still remaining. This is even without any sort of additional warranty time added by "certified pre-owned".

I to have heard the phrase "best in class" when lease rates are discussed. From both dealers and Jaguar themselves.

I am doing a 36mo/10k lease and I am figuring residual will be in the high 50's, if not slightly higher.
My gf is picking up a GTI tonight and the Jag dealer is next to the VW dealer. I'll stop in and see if they have any other info/guesses.

The SQ5 was getting 58% on 36/15k with .00155. So if this is to be "best in class," they better hit 60% on the S models with a decent MF.

Side note...I'm also eyeing british racing green. Gonna look awesome with the black wheels. Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I heard that residuals would be "best in class" as I was looking to lease.
Ive been in and out of 8 different leases in the past 36 months, so Ive learned a few things when it comes to Jaguar Land Rover leases.

Knowing the residual alone isn't enough. In fact, the residual is all but worthless -- its the money factor that is important. In the case of Range Rover, you actually want a crappy residual. Why? Because the crappy residual has much lower money factor. In a perfect world youd have a high/good residual and a low MF, but that doesnt exist for RR and Jag leases. We currently have 2 different 15 Range Rover SuperCharged leases, both cars have a sticker within a few hundred dollars of each other, about 113k.

Both payments are exactly the same, despite the residual being wildly different.

1. US Bank, the buyout is 50k
2. Chase the buyout is 61k

So despite Chase thinking the car is going to be worth 11k more after 39mo, the lease payment is identical. It's because chase has a sky high money factor on Range Rovers. I believe the money factor coverts to an APR of around 8%. My buddy is in an Ally Range Rover lease at 14%.! He was furious when he found out he could of paid $10 more a month and had $21k lower buyout number.

Unless all the money factors are equal, it's not so cut and dry as to if a good or poor residual is the better choice. In my case, we always trade in our leases early (dealer buys them out) so I much prefer a lease with a lower money factor. The residual can be 10% for all I care, as that ends up being equity when it comes trade in time. It's the money factor that kills you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive been in and out of 8 different leases in the past 36 months, so Ive learned a few things when it comes to Jaguar Land Rover leases.

Knowing the residual alone isn't enough. In fact, the residual is all but worthless -- its the money factor that is important. In the case of Range Rover, you actually want a crappy residual. Why? Because the crappy residual has much lower money factor. In a perfect world youd have a high/good residual and a low MF, but that doesnt exist for RR and Jag leases. We currently have 2 different 15 Range Rover SuperCharged leases, both cars have a sticker within a few hundred dollars of each other, about 113k.

Both payments are exactly the same, despite the residual being wildly different.

1. US Bank, the buyout is 50k
2. Chase the buyout is 61k

So despite Chase thinking the car is going to be worth 11k more after 39mo, the lease payment is identical. It's because chase has a sky high money factor on Range Rovers. I believe the money factor coverts to an APR of around 8%. My buddy is in an Ally Range Rover lease at 14%.! He was furious when he found out he could of paid $10 more a month and had $21k lower buyout number.

Unless all the money factors are equal, it's not so cut and dry as to if a good or poor residual is the better choice. In my case, we always trade in our leases early (dealer buys them out) so I much prefer a lease with a lower money factor. The residual can be 10% for all I care, as that ends up being equity when it comes trade in time. It's the money factor that kills you.
You're absolutely right! A low money factor can make a lease very affordable, even with a low residual. My dealer still doesn't have any idea what they lease rates will be, but he offered an example from a recent XF lease. The residual was down in the .52 range, but the MF was .0002. That equates to a .48% APR, which is practically free lending.

However, MF that low are typically not offered on very new, high demand cars. Therefore, my expectation is that we will probably have a residual in the higher 50's and a money factor closer to .001 (36 mo/15k miles). This is just and educated guess.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You're absolutely right! A low money factor can make a lease very affordable, even with a low residual. My dealer still doesn't have any idea what they lease rates will be, but he offered an example from a recent XF lease. The residual was down in the .52 range, but the MF was .0002. That equates to a .48% APR, which is practically free lending.

However, MF that low are typically not offered on very new, high demand cars. Therefore, my expectation is that we will probably have a residual in the higher 50's and a money factor closer to .001 (36 mo/15k miles). This is just and educated guess.
I'm still of the opinion the Fpace isn't in nearly as high of demand in the U.S. as people here seem to think. There is no explanation for them to add the free first payment offer that they did 4-6 weeks ago unless pre-orders weren't meeting expectations. Combine that with the fact new US preorders seemingly have about a 3-4 month lead time, while in the UK they're often quoting 6-9 mos, and I think its pretty clear US sales are soft. And again, I know the dealers are as busy as they've ever been, but Jag sold 14k total cars in the U.S. last year, they're not starting from an even moderate baseline.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I see a lot of number s here but I'm just curious what the monthly payment would look like, or what you are willing/hoping to spend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was able to hop on an existing first edition order two weeks ago, and my dealer has 2 other S trims available for June delivery. So yeah, I don't think its super hot yet. Lets hope its not, so our leases are more aggressively priced. I think it will take some time, most people wont buy a car before they have driven one, or at a very minimum seen one in person. Only reason I have is I have a good idea what to expect given I've owned other JLR vehicles.

A lot of people are still of the opinion that JLR is unreliable crap. I strongly disagree, the new gen Range Rover is far and away the best vehicle I've ever owned. Reliability remains to be seen, but I don't think that's a huge concern for new car buyers/leasers who change vehicles every 3 years. Buyers who keep a car 10 years, and used car buyers... different story.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I see a lot of number s here but I'm just curious what the monthly payment would look like, or what you are willing/hoping to spend.
Roughly, a 70k F-Pace will likely come in around 750 a month with $5k due at signing. 39mo/39000 miles.

With the deposit promo, you'd only need to come up with another $3200 at signing.

On a 50k F-Pace, youd be looking at around $500 a month with 5k due at signing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm still of the opinion the Fpace isn't in nearly as high of demand in the U.S. as people here seem to think. There is no explanation for them to add the free first payment offer that they did 4-6 weeks ago unless pre-orders weren't meeting expectations. Combine that with the fact new US preorders seemingly have about a 3-4 month lead time, while in the UK they're often quoting 6-9 mos, and I think its pretty clear US sales are soft. And again, I know the dealers are as busy as they've ever been, but Jag sold 14k total cars in the U.S. last year, they're not starting from an even moderate baseline.
I would agree. I placed a pre-order 3 weeks back and from my chat with the dealer folks, seems that there are not many orders yet in the TX region.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I would agree. I placed a pre-order 3 weeks back and from my chat with the dealer folks, seems that there are not many orders yet in the TX region.
Until there are TV commercials and the car is seen on the street, this will continue to be the case. Give it time. Meanwhile, I will have the pleasure of driving a bada$$ car that almost no one else in proximity of my home is lucky enough to have, instead of joining the "me-too" Honda, Mazda, Ford, GM, Toyota, Kia, and Hyundai look-a-like herd, or the "you see them everywhere" BMW, Audi, and Mercedes copy cats. I want to be different. Different is special.

I'll give it to Porsche. You don't see a Macan every single mile you drive. I live in the Northeast, and if I see one Macan every 3-4 months, that's a lot. It makes Macan special. F-Pace will be even more unique.

·
Super Moderator
1,537 Posts
I'm not sure about that, my dealer had 10 allocations filled by January. Compared to the number of models they've historically sold, I would guess that's a good ratio. Plus, that means there's at LEAST 10 others with the car in my area.

Maybe I'm overthinking it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
There's also the possibility of them being able to get another dealers allocation if they happen to run out. Some dealer do purchases like that.... forgot what the exact term is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's also the possibility of them being able to get another dealers allocation if they happen to run out. Some dealer do purchases like that.... forgot what the exact term is.
It's just called a dealer swap. However, I cannot imagine a dealer being willing to do a swap on a first delivery allocation. I think the dealers expect these cars will sell easily, and would not want to delay that sale unnecessarily.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I'm not sure about that, my dealer had 10 allocations filled by January. Compared to the number of models they've historically sold, I would guess that's a good ratio. Plus, that means there's at LEAST 10 others with the car in my area.

Maybe I'm overthinking it.
I guess you're not in Texas, then. :D

Neither am I. Maybe Jaguars are more of an East Coast thing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pulled the trigger and bought the car without seeing it in person.
I like this exclusivity that we'll get at the beginning. Jag is not as famous as BMW Mercedes and Audi so a lot less on the road for sure. At least to start...the 1st few months.
I hope :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is everyone paying MSRP, or have dealers been giving discounts?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I tried...no luck for me.
On any new car is very hard to get a discount unless the car doesn't sell as they are expecting.
When I was shopping for a Macan about 18 months ago...same thing, no discount.

Canada

·
Registered
216 Posts
Is everyone paying MSRP, or have dealers been giving discounts?
My dealer said we won't even talk price until the car is here. The specs on it haven't even been finalized--how are you going to come to an agreement on price?

That said, I'm not expecting much. Though these clearly aren't seeing outrageous demand yet, so I would hope for at least 1-2% off.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts