·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed three safety recall entries on my Topix record:-

J070NAS2 ........ Takata Passenger Airbag
J069NAS3 ........ Takata Passenger Airbag
Jo81NAS5 ........ Autoliv Front Seatbelt Pre-tensioner Operation

No info on urgency/seriousness, but had already booked a service next week in any event.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Just noticed three safety recall entries on my Topix record:-

J070NAS2 ........ Takata Passenger Airbag
J069NAS3 ........ Takata Passenger Airbag
Jo81NAS5 ........ Autoliv Front Seatbelt Pre-tensioner Operation

No info on urgency/seriousness, but had already booked a service next week in any event.
Seriously? Does anyone else make airbags other than Takata? How are vehicles being produced now still having recalls for Takata air bags?

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
NO, NO, NO

You are reading something wrong, THESE DO NOT APPLY TO THE FPACE.

They show in the feed but are applicable to other Jaguar models NOT the F Pace.

Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good to hear.

So are you saying that the Topix Look-up which requires my Vin and model details takes no notice of the data that it asks for? Seems odd and not to whine, but makes the look-up a bit useless.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
NO, NO, NO

You are reading something wrong, THESE DO NOT APPLY TO THE FPACE.

They show in the feed but are applicable to other Jaguar models NOT the F Pace.
Thank you sir. I feel better now.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
It seems to show the full feed of all Topix items, regardless of model. When I log in and look specifically for 2017 F Pace items these are not included. Further, my subscription is specific to F Pace and if I try to open those recall items I'm denied access.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
If we knew what VINs were included it would settle the issue for good.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
It DOES NOT apply to F Pace at all, issue settled, doubt me?, call your dealer service dept now. Those items have been in there for months - for other Jaguar vehicles.

PS: F Pace was designed and built well after the full extent of Takata airbag issue was known, why would Jaguar take risk of using this product in their new vehicle?

Reactions: Jman97 and DPK

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I got a notice on my 2012 XF and the parts won't be available until September.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
It DOES NOT apply to F Pace at all, issue settled, doubt me?, call your dealer service dept now. Those items have been in there for months - for other Jaguar vehicles.

PS: F Pace was designed and built well after the full extent of Takata airbag issue was known, why would Jaguar take risk of using this product in their new vehicle?
I believe you, just saying if we had that information, it's visible data that can't be doubted.

I mean, the question of "why would jaguar do..." could apply to many things they did and didn't work out so well. So you know...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It DOES NOT apply to F Pace at all, issue settled, doubt me?, ............. ?
I don't doubt you; in fact I believed you after the first NO.

Having to actually subscribe to find whether the topix list is relevant makes the whole process less than ideal. Again, I am not joining the whining chorus, just need to know how things work.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
in fact I believed you after the first NO.
I didn't believe him until the second NO , it was the third one that was unnecessary !!!

Reactions: Jman97

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
I'm this emphatic because the way this board often works is six months later someone that doesn't own the vehicle will refer to past posting about airbag problems in their litany of F-Pace woes and why they aren't buying one until 2020 when all the bugs are worked out :)

Also, I've been pretty diligent about relaying real problems so seems like maybe I would have posted this if it was an issue, which it's not (there, that's 4 no's)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm this emphatic because the way this board often works is six months later someone that doesn't own the vehicle will refer to past posting about airbag problems in their litany of F-Pace woes and why they aren't buying one until 2020 when all the bugs are worked out :)

Also, I've been pretty diligent about relaying real problems so seems like maybe I would have posted this if it was an issue, which it's not (there, that's 4 no's)

No worries!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts