Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow F-Pace forum members from the US, this is your cousins from the UK calling out for help (sound familiar?).....

Some of us in the UK (and Australia) are experiencing problems with our F-Pace cars. It's a rubbing noise from the front wheel. It sounds like the rubber brake block on your old bicycle with a slightly warped front wheel - every time the wheel rotates there is a slight rub of the brake block on the rim of the wheel. That's what it sounds like but it doesn't appear to be the brakes on our cars as the dealers have stripped the brake assembly and rebuilt them, but to no avail.

The noise is audible below 20mph, windows closed and whether travelling in a straight line or turning. Some have suggested that it is a design issue in which the production varies slightly from the CAD and is placing strain on the driveline from the front diff through the half-shaft and into the bearings and wheel hub. But some dealers have changed this assembly and the noise is still there too!

My car has been with our dealer for three days. They have asked Jaguar UK for help via a Technical Assistance Bulletin. Jaguar have asked them now to change the wheels from the 22" double helix design to 22" Turbines as they wonder whether it's a resonance issue from the double helix design? That sounds like clutching at straws but I guess it's a process of elimination as they follow the line of components until they get the the actual wheel rim itself.

Anyway, here the two links if you are interested in reading about our plight. The first is a poll and the second a parallel thread on the topic.

Poll about front wheel rubbing noise - Jaguar F-Pace Forums

Rubbing Noise - Front Half Shaft - Jaguar F-Pace Forums

My call out to the US owners is simple. You probably have more F-Pace cars running about than any other country. I am wondering is any of you have had this issue and can help? I have scrolled through the threads to avoid creating an unnecessary duplicate thread but couldn't see anything on this topic anywhere. And I tried the search function too.

Thank you in advance. Have a lovely day.

Arianne

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Hello ! I have a F-Pace S with standard 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , and have had NO noise problem ! It appears from your Poll Results , that it is a VERY SMALL percentage of you all that are having this problem ! I did not see anywhere , where you all discuss VIN #'s , as over here on the U.S. Forum , a lot of times things have been NARROWED DOWN to a particular small list of VIN's , and/or Build Dates ! I also could not tell from your results or discussions , if everyone having the problem had 22" Wheels ! One of our Main Issues on our vehicles , actually had to do with one of Jag's Parts Suppliers , and they had to switch suppliers !

One thing I did take notice to from your discussions , is that it sounds like you all over there have had a similar situation as we here in the U.S. , with having Good Dealerships who KNOW whats going on and how to deal with things , and also some Not So Good Dealerships who are OBLIVIOUS to whats going on and how to deal with things ! :( That being said , I fortunately have had no complaints for my dealership , YET ! :)

I think for the most part over here in the U.S. , the consensus would be that "most" owners have been pleased with the way in which JAG has handled ALL the issues that have plagued the F-Pace ! However , there are probably some of us who are enjoying driving it and looking at it so much , that we may be ignoring any minor inconvenient glitches ! ;)

Hopefully it won't take them too much longer to get your issue figured out , and have you on your way to rolling down the road with a Big Smile on your face ! GOOD LUCK ! Have a Great Day !

Reactions: Arianne

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Surprised to hear this... I have the upgraded 20in black blade wheels (repainted to silver) and there is no such sound, I am nervous though to hear about this. Hopefully it the problem doesn't make its way over to the U.S.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's only an issue with the 22 inch wheels.

Unfortunately, mine has it too. Apparently JLR Engineering know about this, so my dealer can't do any more until a fix is known... how long a wait will that be?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
It's only an issue with the 22 inch wheels.

Unfortunately, mine has it too. Apparently JLR Engineering know about this, so my dealer can't do any more until a fix is known... how long a wait will that be?
I would request a free set of 20in wheels and keep the 22s in storage until a fix is known. Sure it isn't ideal but it would stop the noise. Once a fix is known they could have the 20s back and you all could go back to your gorgeous 22in wheels.

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
@Arianne - I thought you were rejecting your car, based on this issue?

Goodbye & Goodnight - Arianne's Rejected F-Pace - Jaguar F-Pace Forums

Or is it your replacement that's been in the shop for 3 days?

I do read the UK forum... it's pretty interesting.
Look at the date of Arianne's OP here. Yes, from the latest post on the UK forum, it is clear the car has since been rejected - no replacement.

In fact the latest post has a rather disturbing account and food for thought about a defect that has not been diagnosed properly as yet and may indeed pertain a lot more cars.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Oh, yup - I did miss the posting date. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts