Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it's possible to get roof rails installed by the dealer instead of getting them factory installed?

If not, is there any way to get a 3rd party roof rail set installed on the vehicle?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was told when I ordered my vehicle that the roof rails could only be factory installed. The dealer cannot do them. However, I don't know about a third party.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My dealer confirmed as well. This is not a dealer installed option. Guess jaguar does not trust dealers th drill into the roof.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ditto -- the roof rails are factory only.

IMHO they should be standard equipment as they are very discreet unlike the station wagon toppers of yore

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
My F-P FE came without Roof Rails. It didn't way anything on the order sheet about deleting them. I didn't place the original order, but I was hoping to get the rails and was surprised that they weren't installed. I guess if we can't install them afterwards, I'm SOL.

Reactions: OneTwo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Technically can have them installed after delivery, just up to you if you trust someone other than the factory to drill into your roof and it most likely won't be under warranty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One would think they would come with built in mounts like BMW's or other luxury vehicles. If nothing else they should come with them standard. Since All the adverts for the car had all the accessories attached like wake boards and luggage racks.

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
My guess is not only do you have to drill the roof which should not be a problem but you would also have to remove part of the headliner. Therein lies the problem.

In looking at the web site for ordering the roof rails don't come on the FE and there is no option for them either.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My guess is not only do you have to drill the roof which should not be a problem but you would also have to remove part of the headliner. Therein lies the problem.

In looking at the web site for ordering the roof rails don't come on the FE and there is no option for them either.
Jaguar does some odd things no doubt.

FE no roof rails and no cooled seats and less adjustments for seats than on the S.
FE standard colour in the US, Rhodium Silver but if you ask you can get in in Caesium Blue. In Canada for the FE, Caesium Blue is the standard and as far as I aware only colour.
The S Model has less interior colour choices than the R Model. Usually as you go up the model range other than a special edition like the FE, there is more choice not less.

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
Jaguar does some odd things no doubt.

FE no roof rails and no cooled seats and less adjustments for seats than on the S.
FE standard colour in the US, Rhodium Silver but if you ask you can get in in Caesium Blue. In Canada for the FE, Caesium Blue is the standard and as far as I aware only colour.
The S Model has less interior colour choices than the R Model. Usually as you go up the model range other than a special edition like the FE, there is more choice not less.
There is a method to their madness.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did not order the rails ( on purpose ) and last week when I went to test drive a F Pace ( waiting on mine , 2 more weeks ) . The first thing the dealer told me is that they can not add those, only at the factory. I did not even ask about it, but he checked my order before I arrived, when asked "why" he told me that many people forget and asked for it to be added after. Reason for "no" because the install would require removal of airbags drilling sealing etc... But the factory uses a other roof part pre made to add them on, so no drilling and sealing. Anyway, sounded good as an explanation.

I will have a hitch as I plan to tow a motorcycle and bicycles (via rear hitch mount) from time to time. Also if I need extra storage I will use a hitch mounted box instead of roof boxes. And for skis if I do not leave them in through the rear armrest I will get a hitch mounted vertical rack.

Hitch can be installed after you take delivery.

I am 2 weeks away from my F Pace, can hardly wait.

Reactions: OneTwo and VZX-CO

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
You really need to expand your thought of this post.
Did you ever here the term "they keep wetting your appetite"? That is what Jaguar marketing is doing. Start with the basics then, oh I want that! Sorry that is only available if you add this package or move up the model line. It is nice to have choices like 6 models 3 engines but its the accessories that get you.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Did you ever here the term "they keep wetting your appetite"? That is what Jaguar marketing is doing. Start with the basics then, oh I want that! Sorry that is only available if you add this package or move up the model line. It is nice to have choices like 6 models 3 engines but its the accessories that get you.
While they have bunched many of the option packages together, like many care manufacturers, they have given an amazing number of exterior color choices and a reasonable number of interior choices. While overall that is a GOOD thing, it also means that finding the exact or nearly exact combination of what we desire means ordering from the factory.

·
Registered
295 Posts

Get it now. I agree but I think the same marketing techniques are utilized throughput the industry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
"The F-Pace First Edition features unique details inspired by the C-X17 Concept, as well as more equipment offered as standard. The limited edition model pays homage to the C-X17 concept vehicle that has provided the inspiration for Jaguar’s first ever crossover."

I honestly don't understand why some ppl keep bashing on the FE.....those who does should really read up and understand what FE is meant for. It's not meant to provide different options. If it is, it's not a limited edition.

Not that I'm defending the FE since mine isn't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my dealers Vista sheet for my S, I noticed black roof rails were added, but on my build from the Jaguarusa website I chose no rails. Guys says they just show up on the S version standard , even though it shows a choice on the website. If I had to pay an additional $350 for something I didn't want I may not be ecstatic, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. I can actually see them coming in handy, and if you can't add them easily afterwards, then it makes sense to go with them

If you have ever been to the Euro version of the Jaguar site...they have like 8-9 roof choices! We get 2!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know this is an old post but it appears that roof rails can be added by dealers now for those that want them after purchase. I don't see them in the accessories guide yet, but there is a new TOPIX document on installing them.

Jaguar F-Pace Roof Rail Fitting Instructions:

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?id=737567

Its a 1.9 hour estimated job.

based on the diagrams, it appears the holes are already drilled?

·
Registered
188 Posts
On my dealers Vista sheet for my S, I noticed black roof rails were added, but on my build from the Jaguarusa website I chose no rails. Guys says they just show up on the S version standard , even though it shows a choice on the website. If I had to pay an additional $350 for something I didn't want I may not be ecstatic, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. I can actually see them coming in handy, and if you can't add them easily afterwards, then it makes sense to go with them

If you have ever been to the Euro version of the Jaguar site...they have like 8-9 roof choices! We get 2!
This happened to me as well. Although I didn't add roof rails on my "S" build, when the car was delivered, there was an extra $350 in the price. I questioned the SA and found out they were inadvertently added to the build. As I pondered my obligation in the matter, I decided it was probably better to have them for future purposes, including resale. So, not a deal breaker for me. They are hardly noticeable and really frame the roof nicely!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts