Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting on our MY22 to show up (due May 13, looking like end of July... if you're in the Jan-Mar order group and still waiting, it's likely sitting in a lot in Coventry not being worked on because they can't figure out how to get the WIP vehicles back into production 🤦‍♂️) but I ordered without roof rails due to liking the cleaner look, but now kind of regret not having the option for a roof rack to carry skis and luggage. Has anyone found a brand that can mount to bare roofs? Thule and Yakima don't have anything standard, and I haven't dug deep enough yet to explore custom options.

Our old 35t R-Sport was 76" wide and it looks like the SVR is 82", so that could be part of the problem. I'm also not going to drop the headliner and permanently attach flush rails, so was hoping there was a brand out there that could handle it.

I've seen OMAC, but there are no reviews available and I'm skeptical.

·
Registered
2020 F-Pace SVR
26 Posts
That will be really interesting project, dropping the headliner, drilling the holes for the rails, keep us Posted (pun intended).
Mine had the rails and my bars are the Thule Wingbar 47"
Wood Automotive exterior Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper

You could always get a SeaSucker rack for bike, a box etc.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don’t know about the newer models, but the 17-19 model FP’s can have the factory rails installed after the fact. There’s just a plastic trim piece covering the holes and no drilling is required. Here’s a YouTube video where a guy walks through how to drop the headliner and install factory rails.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both! That youtube video is what prompted this, I was trying to avoid the hassle of dropping the headliner and dealing with 1000 little fasteners. I also hesitate working around the side curtains, though I know if the battery is disconnected it's fine.

The seasucker looks super interesting, looking into that now!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just closing the loop here... the seasucker setup is great, so THANK YOU for the suggestion. The roof slope causes the box to tilt a bit further than I'd like from nose to tail, so just going to find a way to increase the height of the rear mount. Otherwise, no complaints!

Seasucker Monkey Bars - $499
Inno Wedge Roof Box

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

Grille Vehicle Plant Hood Tire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts