Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My off-the-rack F-Pace came without roof rails to mount cross bars on. Has anyone mounted cross bars on an F-Pace without the rails? Which system did you use? The factory cross bars require the factory installed rails. The Jag website says the rails cannot be fit at a dealership.

"The accessory roof cross bars require roof rails, which are only available as a factory-fit option and cannot be added by a dealer."

·
Registered
473 Posts
My off-the-rack F-Pace came without roof rails to mount cross bars on. Has anyone mounted cross bars on an F-Pace without the rails? Which system did you use? The factory cross bars require the factory installed rails. The Jag website says the rails cannot be fit at a dealership.

"The accessory roof cross bars require roof rails, which are only available as a factory-fit option and cannot be added by a dealer."
That was one of the reasons I did not get a car from the lot at the dealer. I knew I will want roof racks and dealer confirmed that rails must be factory installed.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
They can be added at dealership now, BUT it's really $$$$$.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am in the same boat as you, bought a canceled order S that didnt have rails. Dealer quoted me ~$2400 for the rails and install, parts alone were $1800 which is insane. I have not yet found a tower + crossbar system that is "officially supported" but we pulled one off of an XJ at the dealership and it fit fine. I dont need the rack rails until winter rolls around (last winter our FPace was in the shop the whole time) so I am letting future me deal with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For any interested, I got this done at the dealership this week after 4 years of bitching and moaning about my FE not coming with this (or hitch). Tysons Jaguar in VA did the job (and the Service dept was stellar). ~$700 for labor, rails were $600 each (they made a mistake on the order and understandably only ordered 1 rail for the quoted $600 assuming it came as a set). Service comped the second rail for me.

This was about the 4th call I had made to the service dept over the years to ask them to do this, and I had been rebuffed each time. Joe in Service there didn't bat an eye and handled the whole thing start to finish. Definitely 5 star service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For any interested, I got this done at the dealership this week after 4 years of bitching and moaning about my FE not coming with this (or hitch). Tysons Jaguar in VA did the job (and the Service dept was stellar). ~$700 for labor, rails were $600 each (they made a mistake on the order and understandably only ordered 1 rail for the quoted $600 assuming it came as a set). Service comped the second rail for me.

This was about the 4th call I had made to the service dept over the years to ask them to do this, and I had been rebuffed each time. Joe in Service there didn't bat an eye and handled the whole thing start to finish. Definitely 5 star service.
Thanks for posting your experience. I've been on the fence in getting one installed but now we have an upcoming trip, going to work with Tysons Jag to get this done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I couldn't believe that when I finally noticed, our 2018 Premium came without roof rails. It's supposed to be an suv for crying out loud! I checked with the dealer and even found a technical doc online from Jaguar that detailed the process of adding the rails to a car without them from the factory. Turns out, in talking to Jaguar USA, that according to them the option to add the rails after the fact is only applicable to eurozone cars and not to ones built to export here. But in getting ready to drive across country, we needed to have a rack for a cargo box so we ended up selling the Premium and getting an R which with its added features made for a more pleasant drive anyway. Of course there was a considerable difference in price between the two but I still can't get over the idea that they'd sell these things without the ability to carry something on top!

·
Registered
88 Posts
This guy on YouTube added them himself, so no need to swap cars just for the rails (although it’s as good of an excuse as any if you need to convince yourself 😁). Doesn’t look too terrible to do, but it does require quite a bit of interior disassembly - similar to replacing/repairing a headliner. Could save someone a considerable amount of cash vs a dealer installation of you don’t mind DIY.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pretty sure that's instructions I found and that I asked Jaguar specifically about. Their reply was that the roofs of cars sent here without the rails are not sufficiently engineered to hold additional weight. So depending on what you want to tote and grains of salt you take with that, diying it could be a solution. But in my case, carrying a fully loaded cargo box and a bike on top served to be more than just excuse to swap cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts