Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,553 Posts
My experience is the way the accessories slot into the bar you have to trim rubber.

·
Registered
1 Posts
oem vs thule aftermarket?

Hi all,
Sorry to revive an old thread but I just leased a 2018 FP premium and saw this thread as I'm curious if anyone had a rec on choosing between going the OEM (made by Thule) vs Thule aftermarket crossbars. Apologies, as I know nothing about roof racks.

My question is if my FP is a lease and I'll have to return it eventually, am I better off getting the Thule aftermarket crossbar so I can use it on other vehicles in the future?

I like the look of the OEM version but I am afraid that it will be completely useless to me once I return my FP 3 yrs from now. Will it possible to retrofit the OEM crossbars to other vehicles?

·
Registered
592 Posts
... I like the look of the OEM version but I am afraid that it will be completely useless to me once I return my FP 3 yrs from now. Will it possible to retrofit the OEM crossbars to other vehicles?
Yeah, will probably be useless since the crossbar is sized exactly for the width of the Jag rails. But in the grand scheme of Jaguar pricing it isn't a particularly bad deal in the $200-300 range (I forget what I paid and don't know the current pricing).
The factory crossbar has locator pins to keep it from moving front to back and presumably helps it stay connected to the rails. Using the UK-sourced Thule parts seems to have worked well for the person who first reported success though.
However I haven't had particularly good luck guessing at what arrangement my next car will need; I've sold one and have another rack which fit my VW wagon but which have no chance with the Jag. Or likely my next vehicle either...

·
Registered
6 Posts

REI has a 20% off sale on Thule cargo boxes this weekend. Maybe other Thule products are on sale.

I'm outfitting my F-Pace with a cargo box for more “on demand” cargo space.

The “Official” Jaguar Roof Cargo Box accessories list two options:

Roof Sport Box: “70 gallon capacity lockable roof box designed for sports equipment, measuring 206 x 84 x 34cm. Price: $910.00” :
Jaguar USA Accessories Online Catalogue. - F-PACE - CARRYING & TOWING - CARRYING - Roof Sport Box or

Roof Luggage Box: “90 gallon capacity lockable roof luggage box, measuring 175 x 82 x 45cm. Price:$600.00”
Jaguar USA Accessories Online Catalogue. - F-PACE - CARRYING & TOWING - CARRYING - Roof Luggage Box

If you're into snow sports, the Sport Box is the only choice Jaguar offers that can store 200+ cm skis.

Thule and other manufacturers have several carriers that fit the OEM Roof Cross Bars: Jaguar USA Accessories Online Catalogue. - F-PACE - CARRYING & TOWING - CARRYING - Roof Cross Bars

I have the OEM Crossbars (Thule Aeroblades with a proprietory rail connector mechanism) along with the Ski/Snowboard holder (Thule Universal Pull Top) and they feature both Thule and Jaguar logos. I chose the low-profile snow/water sport specific "Flow" ($800): https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/cargo-carrier/car-top-carrier/thule-flow-_-1689750 as it can take 210's and clears the open rear hatch by about a half inch.

Research your choices as the less pricey but similar "Pulse Alpine" ($400): Thule Pulse will interfere with the F-Pace's open rear hatch by about three inches.

Enclosed carriers are great for ski roadtrips as they shield the skis, bindings, poles, wax and your (hopefully) sharp edges from salty road grime and corosion. It also keeps stuff out of the Pace!

I installed the Thule Multi-Lift to store the box overhead: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TU1D50C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If your garage ceiling is higher than 10', you'll need a longer rope than the one supplied. Also make sure your garage door's open position leaves enough clearance above for the box.
How tall is your garage door? Is 8 ft enough to clear the F-Pace with the roof box?

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
You're assuming that he loads his roof box in this garage and that he is using the same box that you would buy.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts