Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Perfecto fit!!!

From England:
WingBar Edge Black 9593B (Aeroblade in the US)
Jag F-Pace fit kit 4075
Snow Pack 7326

I assume the answer is yes since you didn't mention any problems, but is there sufficient room to open the sunroof with the lower profile WingBar Edge you went with?

·
Registered
592 Posts
... is there sufficient room to open the sunroof with the lower profile WingBar Edge you went with?
The video he posted shows an open sunroof at about 32 seconds in. Looks like it clears nicely.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The video he posted shows an open sunroof at about 32 seconds in. Looks like it clears nicely.
Thanks, I saw that, but the video is a slightly different crossbar model. I was asking about the lower profile WingBar Edge in MP_ME's picture. It's a little hard to tell, but looks like sunroof is closed in the picture so can't tell from that. I am pretty sure the edge version must be ok too since the UK site show them as compatible with the F-Pace, but I'd like to be 100% certain before I order from overseas.

·
Registered
131 Posts
did you order?

I'm getting ready to order a set. I already have a box from my Q7, but wanted to know if anyone else got the black wingbar

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is very a very helpful thread. Thanks all.

I am currently contemplating the purchase of a 2017 F-Pace. Using our roof box is a must . . . we already own a box and aeroblade rails (and a footing system) designed to fit our MB ML 350 (2014).

I am hopeful that I can simply get a new footing system (as outlined in the thread above) . . . and that my aerobars and box will fit.

Converting names from UK to US etc. has me nervous. I would love your help on this.

My current items (I'm pretty sure) are:

ARB53 AeroBlade
450R Rapid Crossroad Foot Pack
And I think my "box" is a ForceXL (to be verified)

Can I use these with just a new footing system? Is it 753/4075 as outlined in this thread?

Thank you all!

M

·
Registered
131 Posts
The width of the roof might be different. I just ordered a set from the UK myself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wish these guys make compatible bars - Whispbar | Car Roof Racks, Bike Racks, Ski Racks, Kayak Racks. Look great and generate minimal noise.
I agree! I LOVE my Whispbars - I have them on my Mercedes GLK and they are fantastic. Low noise, almost flush to the raised roof rails, and very sleek. The only downside is when I have my Yakima cargo box mounted, I cannot open the sunroof because the claws from the box come down a little too close to the glass.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thule Hullavator

I have a Thule Hullavator for my kayak. My previous vehicle had raised rails that I clamped the cross bars to. I wonder if the Hullavator will work on the Jag cross bars? Any ideas?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Reviving this...for those with the Jag bars vs. Thule bars, can you provide feedback on the following please?

The Jag bars are less expensive but prohibit the use of the sunroof, also can't be position anywhere else besides the holes on the roof rails designed for them.

The Thule bars are way more expensive, but sunroof can apparently be used, and feet can be positioned anywhere on the rails.

I have an older Thule box and some bike racks from my Volvo, but they fit on the square rails. I would like use the cross bars for my box and for Home Depot trips, and probably get a hitch for the bikes.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I saw those warnings as well. But, it appears that the sunroof worked just fine with some of the "earlier" Thule kits from the UK. I don't think they'd make a different kit for the US/Canadian market. Maybe ordering the UK-spec parts is still a better way to go?

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is what I found:

UK - https://www.roofracks.co.uk/Thule-F...ce&type=5-door-SUV-&modelYear=2016-plus&id=8:
Foot Pack 753
Fitting Kit 4075
WingBars 969 (127 cm)
[FONT=&quot]set of locks and keys

US Thule - https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/fit-my-car?c=roof+racks&q=gzdMLeX2v:[/FONT]
Thule AeroBlade ARB53
Thule Rapid Podium Foot Pack 460R
KIT4075
no locks and keys

The Foot Pack 753 (UK) looks the same as 460R (US) but cant be 100% sure. US bards are slightly wider 134cm vs 127cm. The fitting kit 4075 looks the same. I am guessing that US pack should not have a problem with the sunroof as well but interestingly the UK manual for 4075 kit does not have a sunroof warning picture vs US which has. The rest of the manual is the same.

Also the best part. The price for the UK set with shipping minus VAT is $286 for silver and $306 for black vs $509.95 plus the locks/keys and possible shipment in US. Looks like buying in UK is a no brainer and the only question I have is the warranty. Not sure if Thule has a world wide one.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks for the comparison!!

I'm not sure what is going on with Thule US vs Thule UK, but the price difference is astounding. And there are owners earlier in this thread that have mounted the Thule UK set to US cars no problem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is what I got from Thule after asking about the warranty for the UK purchased rack:

"Unfortunately, we cannot support products/parts from outside of North America. Therefore, you would not be able to claim warranty in the US."

I do not see this as big issue as those things do not break that often. I've been abusing one pair of roof racks from them for last 10+ years and they seem to be unbreakable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great advice!

A bit late to the party but the advice on ordering from roofracks.co.uk was great.
Ordered and shipped to Connecticut in about 5 days.

Total cost $307 - way cheaper than components here.

Fitted like a dream and looks great on my S.

This forum is great and thanks to everyone for taking the time to help.

Ordered Option C on the site

Product Details (VAT incl): 1 X 753 / 4075 / 969B, Foot Pack 753, Fitting Kit 4075, WingBars Black 969B (127 cm), set of locks and keys.

·
Registered
337 Posts
A bit late to the party but the advice on ordering from roofracks.co.uk was great.
Ordered and shipped to Connecticut in about 5 days.

Total cost $307 - way cheaper than components here.

Fitted like a dream and looks great on my S.

This forum is great and thanks to everyone for taking the time to help.

Ordered Option C on the site

Product Details (VAT incl): 1 X 753 / 4075 / 969B, Foot Pack 753, Fitting Kit 4075, WingBars Black 969B (127 cm), set of locks and keys.
Can you share pictures?

People tend to say, share pics or it never happened... :D:D

·
Registered
575 Posts
This is what I got from Thule after asking about the warranty for the UK purchased rack:

"Unfortunately, we cannot support products/parts from outside of North America. Therefore, you would not be able to claim warranty in the US."

I do not see this as big issue as those things do not break that often. I've been abusing one pair of roof racks from them for last 10+ years and they seem to be unbreakable.
I've been using Thule racks for 20 years and NEVER had a component break on any of them. This is non-issue for me.

I will be ordering mine from the UK next week. It is almost $300 cheaper (if you consider the locks) than ordering it in the States, where the 4075 kit is almost always "unavailable".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks, I saw that, but the video is a slightly different crossbar model. I was asking about the lower profile WingBar Edge in MP_ME's picture. It's a little hard to tell, but looks like sunroof is closed in the picture so can't tell from that. I am pretty sure the edge version must be ok too since the UK site show them as compatible with the F-Pace, but I'd like to be 100% certain before I order from overseas.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but have scoured the forum for the answer to the above question and never saw anyone post a response. I had the same question regarding whether the lower profile WingBar "Edge" will allow for sunroof opening clearance. I certainly like the look of the edge over the standard taller wingbar, but also don't want to lose sunroof option while installed. (I'm also still too new to the forum so restricted from sending any PM's to the current owners of the "edge" for their direct feedback so thanks for indulging"

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks for the links.
I have the Thule-supplied Jag cross-rails (at roughly the UK price for the Thule setup above) and note that the mounting system is not actually the same. The Jag rack has a lever and latch mechanism on the outside edge (no tools required after first adjustment) and has a pin on the inside to mate with holes in the roof rails (which limits options on placement but probably provides additional protections against accidental separation).
Downsides on the Jag-supplied cross-rails are that they are narrower and may hold fewer accessories like bike carriers.
Another difference seems to be that the Jag instructions call for trimming the rubber filler to omit it where accessories are installed in the T-slot; the Thule instructions don't mention trimming and imply that you just put the accessory into the slot. Maybe I'll try the Jag rubber without bothering to trim...

41 - 60 of 65 Posts