Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have just fitted the Thule roof racks. They look great and don't appear to add any wind noise. As you can see in the attached video, there is plenty of clearance for the sun roof.

https://youtu.be/bvoIY2mDrmo
Thanks! I have the low-profile Thule Aeros on my X5 now and like Thule products so it was good to see that someone else here had verified there components work with the F-Pace.

Could you please verify that the roof rack cross bars don't actually HAVE to be placed where the holes are in the rails, correct? Without owning one of these yet and have not seen any installation manuals, I am uninformed if those hole (on the inside of the rails) are there to let water out of the channels or if they are used somehow to mount the OEM cross bars.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The holes in the rails mate directly with the posts on the inner part of the bar towers. The Jaguar-branded towers clearly do not fit anywhere else on the rails, since the small posts on the towers would interfere with the fit. The rails themselves are compatible with Thule parts (including buying replacement rubber covers for the slots) and are also compatible with Yakima/Whispbar WB200 bike rails.
I'm planning on looking to see if another Thule tower which allows wider bars might be compatible with the Jaguar-specific parts connecting the towers to the roof rails.

Reactions: ndabunka

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! I have the low-profile Thule Aeros on my X5 now and like Thule products so it was good to see that someone else here had verified there components work with the F-Pace.

Could you please verify that the roof rack cross bars don't actually HAVE to be placed where the holes are in the rails, correct? Without owning one of these yet and have not seen any installation manuals, I am uninformed if those hole (on the inside of the rails) are there to let water out of the channels or if they are used somehow to mount the OEM cross bars.
The holes are not required. I have mounted mine approx 20cm aft of the holes.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm curious about this too as I'm on verge of placing accessory order but wondering if I should just get Jaguar roof bars then see if Thule stuff fits, though most Thule is pricey as well. But if I can get Thule through REI then I get member rebate.
REI has a 20% off sale on Thule cargo boxes this weekend. Maybe other Thule products are on sale.

I'm outfitting my F-Pace with a cargo box for more “on demand” cargo space.

The “Official” Jaguar Roof Cargo Box accessories list two options:

Roof Sport Box: “70 gallon capacity lockable roof box designed for sports equipment, measuring 206 x 84 x 34cm. Price: $910.00” :
Jaguar USA Accessories Online Catalogue. - F-PACE - CARRYING & TOWING - CARRYING - Roof Sport Box or

Roof Luggage Box: “90 gallon capacity lockable roof luggage box, measuring 175 x 82 x 45cm. Price:$600.00”
Jaguar USA Accessories Online Catalogue. - F-PACE - CARRYING & TOWING - CARRYING - Roof Luggage Box

If you're into snow sports, the Sport Box is the only choice Jaguar offers that can store 200+ cm skis.

Thule and other manufacturers have several carriers that fit the OEM Roof Cross Bars: Jaguar USA Accessories Online Catalogue. - F-PACE - CARRYING & TOWING - CARRYING - Roof Cross Bars

I have the OEM Crossbars (Thule Aeroblades with a proprietory rail connector mechanism) along with the Ski/Snowboard holder (Thule Universal Pull Top) and they feature both Thule and Jaguar logos. I chose the low-profile snow/water sport specific "Flow" ($800): https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/cargo-carrier/car-top-carrier/thule-flow-_-1689750 as it can take 210's and clears the open rear hatch by about a half inch.

Research your choices as the less pricey but similar "Pulse Alpine" ($400): https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/cargo-carrier/car-top-carrier/thule-pulse-alpine-_-1680041 will interfere with the F-Pace's open rear hatch by about three inches.

Enclosed carriers are great for ski roadtrips as they shield the skis, bindings, poles, wax and your (hopefully) sharp edges from salty road grime and corosion. It also keeps stuff out of the Pace!

I installed the Thule Multi-Lift to store the box overhead: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TU1D50C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If your garage ceiling is higher than 10', you'll need a longer rope than the one supplied. Also make sure your garage door's open position leaves enough clearance above for the box.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just to clarify, the holes are not required when you use the Thule 4075 mounting kit.
Not finding that part number on the Thule site. Are you using the 460R tower and the 4075 helps with the direct attachment to the roof rail?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I already own a Yakima Skybox LoPro Rooftop Cargo Box in the smooth Onyx finish. I measured the distances on the demo we drove and it appears that it should be able to fit either the OEM mount points but the aftermarket may give more flexibility. However, at 92 inches it's a bit longer than the Roof Sport Box but the mounting clamps do have a lot of room for adjustment forward and aft so hopefully it will still work on the F-Pace.

One thing I noticed when I was shopping for these cargo boxes about a year ago was just how FLIMSY some of them can be. That was one reason I picked this more expensive Yakima instead of the lower-priced Thule.

·
Registered
158 Posts

I have the OEM cross-bars which do have a cog that clicks into the rail holes. I'm not familiar with the generic Thule crossbar attachment to a roof-rail, but the length of the OEM cross-bars is tailored to the roof-rail holes: the fore and aft OEM cross-bar are of different lengths to fit the tapering width of the Pace.

Get the OEM crossbars 'cause they fit, and then you have Thule Aeroblades to attach whatever you want.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Get the OEM crossbars 'cause they fit, and then you have Thule Aeroblades to attach whatever you want.
The OEM crossbars have a fixed width which may not be enough to fit a wide box plus a couple of bike racks. Nice to know that there are other options for this!

·
Registered
592 Posts
I used the Thule 753 Wing Bar Rapid System with the Thule Jaguar 4075 kit. Please see the video I posted in this thread for the actual box images.
Thanks! The video is very helpful including closeups of the parts and part numbers. I expected just a cheesecake shot of the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just looked on the USA Thule site. None of those parts are available.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I just looked on the USA Thule site. None of those parts are available.
UK sites have them. Presumably they can be ordered?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would like to know where you ordered these from because this is the answer I got back from Thule USA:

Response By Email (Jason Lombardi) (12/08/2016 09:29 AM)
Thank you for contacting Thule Customer Service. Unfortunately after extensive testing by our engineers, this car is deemed a no fit due to the fact that there is no safe place to attach the rack to the roofline of the vehicle.

Best Wishes,

Jason
Thule Customer Service Team

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got a quote of $517 for bars plus ski rack from a dealer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SOOPERDOOPER!!!!
I just ordered mine. It was nice to see the price drop at the end of the transaction when the VAT (Value Added Tax) was removed because I am in the USA.

ALSO! To be fair Thule did get back to me a second time today to tell me to check back in 4-6 weeks.
(That's also what they told me in September.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Perfecto fit!!!

From England:
WingBar Edge Black 9593B (Aeroblade in the US)
Jag F-Pace fit kit 4075
Snow Pack 7326

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is there a final word on Thule Cross Bars in the US ? Local Rei was not ready to commit that it would fit.

The Jaguar ones look "big" and I don't like them just for a couple of skis .

21 - 40 of 65 Posts