Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LRs bars are made by Thule and fit all Thule attachments (or at least it was the case till a couple of years ago). Does anyone know if these are Thule compatible? Or are there any other manufacturers cross bars that can be fitted onto the F-Pace roof rails. Looking for a way to carry 4 bikes on the roof. Thx mates

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
I'm curious about this too as I'm on verge of placing accessory order but wondering if I should just get Jaguar roof bars then see if Thule stuff fits, though most Thule is pricey as well. But if I can get Thule through REI then I get member rebate.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've purchased the bars already, in advance of delivery. Here are some pics; it would be good to know if they are Thule and/or use other standard attachments

Attachments

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
It's hard to tell from the angle of your shots. Would be good to see a photo looking across the length of a bar to see the profile shape of the bar itself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx for the pics. I think this is it. Looks like the standard Thule T-slot bolt will fit just perfectly; most definitely some Thule adapters will also clamp onto these bars (if not one can DIY them so they will look even better than originals.) I need to research if the Thule aeroblade cross bars will fit onto FP's rails.
But I am fairly sure that Thule attachments will get onto the OEM bars
Thx again

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've purchased the bars already, in advance of delivery. Here are some pics; it would be good to know if they are Thule and/or use other standard attachments
YYZ. Thx for the pics again. Can you post the part number seen in pic #4 (the rubber holder)? Perhaps googling it will give us a better idea of what we are dealing with.
Thx much

·
Registered
128 Posts
You're welcome. From zooming in on my phone it appears to be 8529617001, however, I am now traveling until Friday, so if that doesn't make sense/additional markings needed, I can post up then

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
ran across this on UK forum:

"I traded In my Range Rover Evoque for my F-Pace. I had roof rails and cross bars for the Evoque. Fortunately I did not sell the cross bars and I am delighted that they are identical to those for the F-pace hence saving me about £200."

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ran across this on UK forum:

"I traded In my Range Rover Evoque for my F-Pace. I had roof rails and cross bars for the Evoque. Fortunately I did not sell the cross bars and I am delighted that they are identical to those for the F-pace hence saving me about £200."
Funny you mentioned it. Yestarday just checked my wife's Evoque and noticed exactly the same clamp on the cross bars as posted by YYZ. Bar length was questionable but your UK forum guy confirmed it as compatible - cool.
One thing to keep in mind - Thule's Evoke compatible (not the LR OEMs) bars have straps that wrap around Evoque's rails. That would not be possible with F-Pace as the rails here are solidly embedded along the roof line and have no slot under them. I am contacting these guys to check if their bars will do
- http://www.atera.de/en/signo-rtd-rail-roof-bars.html
The reason I do not want the OEM Jag bars is that they don't extend past the clamp and I need additional width for 4 bikes

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK folks, info from ATERA:
"For Jaguar F-Pace you can indeed use our Signo RTD with item number 048437 (Steel-profile) or 048537 (Aero-Aluminum-Profile)."
I have never tried these bars but plan on getting them from one of the UK outfits (ATERA has no USA importer).

·
Registered
128 Posts
So what was the final verdict? Are the bars indeed made by Thule, and if so, which series of Thule accessories will fit them?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Latest info. Thule UK lists bars for the F-Pace. There is a set that is identical to what is OEMed by Jaguar as well as a longer bar unit: Wingbar 969 + Rapid System 753 + Kit 4075. Bars in silver or black.
An alternative (and a less expensive one) is Atera RTD 048537 (10cm longer bars than Thule). Atera has no US representation and no Euro dealers are willing to ship to US (certification???)

·
F Pace Expert
2,532 Posts
Just to toss my two cents in, yes definitely Thule. A month ago I parked next to a car in Moab Utah that had exactly the same bike rack on top. Mine Jag, his Thule.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I wish these guys make compatible bars - Whispbar | Car Roof Racks, Bike Racks, Ski Racks, Kayak Racks. Look great and generate minimal noise.
I have Whispbars on my Mercedes GLK 350 and they look great. Hopefully something like this will work on the F Pace, although the low profile nature makes it impossible to open your sunroof if you have a cargo box up there. Not that you'd want to ride around with the window open in that situation, but still. The type of rails on the F Pace are different than what I have on my GLK, so I am doubtful anything low profile would work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also. UK and other Euro Thule sites show gear that looks more like 21st century; our US site seems to be still in 20th but with 2035 prices :(. I am leading towards the Atera aero bars as they don't need rubber insert to eliminate the whistling. Thule OutRide 561 for the bikes.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts