Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dealer offered to tint the front windows to match the back for $499 when my MY18 comes in. That seems a little steep. Should I just get it done somewhere else, maybe with some tint on the sunroof as well?

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
That is steep. I think my dealer offered to do it for $300.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Yep, rip off. Top quality Suntek for ALL FOUR plus the back was $350 (back was clear for UV protection only). Go somewhere else.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Unless the dealer has a film that is gold plated or bullet proof, find a reputable tint shop and apply your savings on other overpriced Jaguar accessories instead.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
A bargain is one that you think make the most sense and that price point is different for everyone, Some look at it as being the best price not know what the quality or outcome will be until done. Disappointment maybe or possibly delight. Either way no matter what you may want as long as the expectation is met then the price was right.

·
Registered
536 Posts
So my dealer offered to tint the front windows to match the back for $499 when my MY18 comes in. That seems a little steep. Should I just get it done somewhere else, maybe with some tint on the sunroof as well?
I had LLumar Air Blue 80 installed on my windshield at a local tint shop for $200. Did a good job.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
No matter what you may want as long as the expectation is met then the price was right.
You should really consider writing *Fortune Cookie Fortunes* !!! That was beautiful !!! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I found my dealership to be not just high on tint, ppf or coatings, but sky high. I'm sure I could of negotiated the prices down somewhat, but they were so out of line that I didn't even bother. I saved a lot of money by checking around with different detailing shops and then having one do all the work. You might want to call some tint shops and get some quotes on the work and see for yourself. If it is important to you to have it done before you take delivery you could ask your dealership if they will match your best comparable offer. Nothing to lose to ask imo. There are also a lot of good threads on window tinting that I found very helpful.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I've never known a dealer applied accessory yet to be "Price competitive" !! And sometimes do a crappy job on top of it !

·
Registered
131 Posts
I did 3M ceramic all around for $400 so that is steep

·
Registered
278 Posts
There is the convenience factor. My time is worth quite a bit. So to pick up a complete car and not have to fart around with other vendors is worth a money. When I dropped off my Fpace for a check, I had them do a dent repair that cost $350. Yes it was steep but I had a loaner and a major convenience factor.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I think the factory tint is adequate..

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
There is the convenience factor. My time is worth quite a bit. So to pick up a complete car and not have to fart around with other vendors is worth a money. When I dropped off my Fpace for a check, I had them do a dent repair that cost $350. Yes it was steep but I had a loaner and a major convenience factor.
Obviously a personal choice, but FWIW, my tint shop will come get my car for me and bring it back, so there's places out there that will accomplish your goal without gouging you on price (likely for lesser quality, I might add).

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yes there is....,

It is not true tinted glass. It is colored glass with no real UV or heat blocking characteristics. It is really just privacy glass. True tinted glass blocks UV rays by 99% and has different heat rejection properties based on the tint you select.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Obviously a personal choice, but FWIW, my tint shop will come get my car for me and bring it back, so there's places out there that will accomplish your goal without gouging you on price (likely for lesser quality, I might add).
Same here my guys come pick up the car, tint and wrap it and then drop it off.

Again its a personal preference, but dealerships aren't known for their tinting skills.

·
Registered
73 Posts
USA prices are steep. I had the two front windows tinted to match the factory rears for $50. £40

1 - 20 of 32 Posts